Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 5:12:51 PM EDT
I placed my order for a "summer" style IWB for a full size 1911 (5") on 9 April 03. I asked them in my order notes section to notify me at my work email address if it was backordered. Well, that never happened, and after a short, sweet, to the point nasty-gram, they apologized for the oversight. Here it is, 23 June 03, and still no holster. A second email to Galco, and they replied that it was "in production, and should ship within a week."

Has anyone ever dealt with them? I love their holsters, but have always bought from a dealer in the past. Trying to save a couple $$$ and some fuel, I shopped via the internet. They said the reason it has been so long, is that they (a leather holster/accessories company) were backed up from Operation Iraqi Freedom. Seems like BS to me. I've never known anyone to carry/use Galco holsters while in the military. Seems we all use mostly the famous Bianchi "Widow Maker." I'm just tired of waiting almost 3 months for a simple holster, which is generally mass produced due to the common weapon frame.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same damn thing happen to me when I bought the 4" summer IWB.  Like you, they failed to mention to me that it was back ordered until I called them a few times and got it straightened out.  Then, after they notified me that it was in production and would ship within a week, it didn't come for another month or so.

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:37:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess I'm just lucky.  I ordered a Ultra deep cover holster from them back in January '03, it arrived about a week later.  Didn't end up liking the holster, but no complaints about the service.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Just got off the phone with Galco, and they said it should ship by Thursday....wait and see.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Galco is always backordered.
When I sold their stuff (which I love, btw) they told us that they gear up to make one thing at a time.  If they run out before they get back to making that one thing, they you just have to wait until that thing comes around on the rotation again.
Buy from a dealer, they may have it in stock, and if they don't they can check other sources besides Galco to try and find them.  We used to check Galco direct first, then various distributors & suppliers to see if we could get stuff for people.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Collectors Firearms in Houston, TX. has more Galco in stock than Galco does, and that's by admission of the Galco rep who visits all the dealers. They also price them 5-10% below Galco suggested retail. Galco stuff isn't on their website but their contact information is on www.collectorsfirearms.com
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I've only had that happen to me once.  The rest of the time I have gotten it quickly.  The one time it did happen, I told them to cancel my order and that I would go to a dealer.

At least they respond to you...unlike some other companies.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Ya shoulda gone w/Milt Sparks Summer Special II

The tell you 60 days and get it to you much quicker...And it a better IWB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top