Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 4:48:26 PM EDT
I usually carry concealed because I don't like to make people nervous but I have often thought that open carry is excercising your 2nd admendment right.

Which do you prefer and why?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Is there any question?  Concealed all the way.  I dont want a soul to know that I have a gun.  Why make yourself a target to a criminal?  

If I am buying a hot dog from a gas station and a guy decides to knock it over, I dont want to get involved.  Open carry will make that difficult.

Name one advantage to open carry?  I can't think of one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Its not a big deal in Arizona.  I see at least one guy a week open carrying.  Doesn't mean you will EVER see me open carry.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't carry concealed (not 21 yet)
I leave it in my truck, unless i am somewhere that it doesn't matter much.
otherwise, concealed is the best way to go.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
When I get my CCW it will be concealed
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I carried open in Richmond years ago. My truck lost the brakes in a bad part of town (intersection of 360 and Jeff Davis Highway for you Richmonders) and I didn't have a carry permit then. I decided to carry vs leave it in the truck. I walked to a store and used the pay phone and I was waiting for my ride and the police came by. I explained I was broke down and they were pretty cool about it.

Got a lot of strange looks but I am still alive! I did feel like a target.

I then got a carry permit...and the rest is history.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top