Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 4:39:54 PM EDT
I just got the 22 upper from aimsurplus. It is not actually made by CZ, as I called and they knew right off what I was talking about, and said they didn't make it, but wished they did judging by the number of calls they had gotten.
Anyway, I have the 2001 legp, and tried to put it on that. At first, I could only get one pin to go through. The other one would stick when it hit the upper. Then I found if I pulled back the bolt, the upper moved a little, and I could force the other pin in, and it is a pain to get back out again. I only have the upper that came with it, and a bushmaster I played with for a while to compare this to,(So this is not one of those that uses the ciener conversion bolt in an upper without a gas tube, this has a pinned piece that holds the bolt in and it charges from the side.)so is this normal for an upper to be hard to get the pins out of?
Should I wallow out the rear pin hole so I can get it to pin down?
Should I expect all of them to be like this, or should I try to get it replaced?
I have not taken it to the range yet, and won't have time till this weekend.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:41:52 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:16:04 AM EDT
[#2]
take a .251" diameter ream to the upper, then chamfer the pin's feed side (the hole opening opposite the pin's head).
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Is that the problem? The hole isn't really the right size, or is something hitting I should be looking for? It seems odd that I can't get the pin to start until I pull the bolt back.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, I will see if it works it self out first. I guess I was/am afraid it might damage the pin, and screw up the fit with my regular upper if I didn't do anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top