Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 4:51:46 AM EDT
Can you say "arrogant bastards"?  Yup, knew you could.

Do these assholes actually believe that seperating people by race and color actually PROMOTES harmony and unity?

[url]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/06/22/national0230EDT0430.DTL[/url]

Democrats pledge support for affirmative action regardless of how Supreme Court rules

NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer

Sunday, June 22, 2003  

(06-22) 23:30 PDT CHICAGO (AP) --

Democratic presidential hopefuls say they will continue to promote affirmative action regardless of how the Supreme Court rules in a case challenging the constitutionality of programs to help minorities in college admissions.

The court is expected to rule any day whether affirmative action programs at the University of Michigan are constitutional. The case was a main topic of discussion Sunday at a candidate forum sponsored by Jesse Jackson's Rainbow/PUSH Coalition.

"When I'm president, we'll do executive orders to overcome any wrong thing the Supreme Court does tomorrow or any other day," said Rep. Dick Gephardt of Missouri.

Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich also made a pledge to put affirmative action into federal law as president.

"If this president doesn't want to let us be one nation, then it's time to elect a president who will let us be one nation," Kucinich said.

President Bush opposes the University of Michigan's policies, and several candidates cited his position as a reason he should be voted out of office next year.

"The president has divided us," former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean said. "He's divided us by race by using the word 'quotas.' There's no such thing as a quota at the University of Michigan, never has been."

Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry said: "We deserve a president of the United States who doesn't call fairness for minorities special preferences and then turn around and give special preferences to Halliburton or to Enron to write the energy policy."

Kerry said he was committed to have minorities in positions of power in his administration, and pointed to diversity in his campaign staff.

Al Sharpton responded that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is a black man who may vote against the university's affirmative action program. He said Democrats shouldn't be talking about getting more blacks in high places, but getting the right blacks.

"If we doubt that, just look at Clarence Thomas," he said. "Clarence Thomas is my color, but he's not my kind."

Seven of the nine Democratic candidates attended the forum. Sens. John Edwards of North Carolina and Bob Graham of Florida said they couldn't make it because of scheduling conflicts.

The candidates discussed a broad range of issues of importance to the mostly black audience, including education, the criminal justice system, tax cuts and health care.

They pledged to address disparities in Internet access between the poor and more affluent Americans and to work to overturn the Federal Communication Commission's decision to relax limits on how media companies can merge and grow.

Connecticut Sen. Joe Lieberman said the decision would particularly affect minority-owned media, but predicted it "will be temporary."

"It is wrong; it is un-American," he said.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

"When I'm president, we'll do executive orders to overcome any wrong thing the Supreme Court does tomorrow or any other day," said Rep. Dick Gephardt of Missouri.

View Quote

That's not how the government works. Somebody flunked Poly Sci.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]
So, if I don't like a law, I can just disregard it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

No shit.  Promising stuff he cant deliver as President.  This from the guy who said as president, he'd institute a minimum wage in OTHER countries.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]
They [i]All[/i]  need killin, some just more than others.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

No shit.  Promising stuff he cant deliver as President.  This from the guy who said as president, he'd institute a minimum wage in OTHER countries.
View Quote

Ah, but remember these idiots are trying to get the votes of people that only *feel* about things and never look beyond the sound bite.  "Gee, that sounds great!  We don't like what SCOTUS says we'll just vote for DICK here and he'll do what we FEEL is right.  We won't worry about that pesky outdated Constitution thing that keeps slowing down our progress."

Doesn't surprise me as the country has been brainwashed into thinking this is a democracy.  "All that 'Constitutional Republic' stuff is just old, outdated terminology.  What the Dead White Guys really meant in today’s terms is 'Democracy'.  Same thing, isn't it?"

I'm going to go lie down now...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Well isint that special.  Can you say UNCONSTITUTIONAL!!!!!!  This is why I think all executive orders need to be rescended.  They are too much like a royal decree.  That earthquake you felt was just the founding fathers increasing their rotational speed fro 600 RMP to 2200 RPM.  Any faster and we need to hook generators to them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can you say "arrogant bastards"?  Yup, knew you could.

View Quote

I hope every one saw this. This atitude is typical of both parties in Washington.

Our Constitution is SHIT to almost ALL of them. LEO's are you prepared to do the bidding of these people??
What they're ALL saying, is that the Constitution means what ever the whim of the moment is.

The Constitution ALWAYS has the SAME meaning on my property, and in my life.......
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#8]
AND, if y'all think there's an ounce of difference between dems and repubs, yer nutz. [%|]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:19:28 AM EDT
[#9]
The Supreme Court, just came out in favor of Affirmative Action...

Take THAT White BOY!!! [;D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
AND, if y'all think there's an ounce of difference between dems and repubs, yer nutz. [%|]
View Quote

Well, liberty86, old buddy, I'm going to have to call you on this one.

There is more than "an ounce of difference between dems and repubs".

Are Republicans perfect?  Not Hardly.  Do I wish they had better policies in some areas?  You bet.  Will they ever be perfect?  Nope.

But to say that there isn't "an ounce of difference" between George Bush and Al Gore is just being silly.

And you know it, too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:23:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Supreme Court, just came out in favor of Affirmative Action...

Take THAT White BOY!!! [;D]
View Quote

5-4 decision.  Looking for more.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Unbelievable, I guess society is not legally colorblind after all.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, liberty86, old buddy, I'm going to have to call you on this one.

There is more than "an ounce of difference between dems and repubs".

Are Republicans perfect?  Not Hardly.  Do I wish they had better policies in some areas?  You bet.  Will they ever be perfect?  Nope.

But to say that there isn't "an ounce of difference" between George Bush and Al Gore is just being silly.

And you know it, too.
View Quote

And just what Democrat legislation, or Clinton excutive orders have the repubs/President reversed, in the TWO years they've been in power????
He and Ted Kennedy arm and arm at the EXPANSION of the "Education" dept.??
BUSH wants a "Prescription Drug Benefit" for the elderly?? Can you spell "Buy Votes", with taxpayer $$$??

Please old friend, Don't do this to yourself..[:D]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:51:18 AM EDT
[#14]
I guess the first one that quickly comes to mind is the so-called "Partial Birth Abortion" bill. You think Gore would have signed this?

Don't think so.  But George did.

Maybe some folks think thousands of little babies killed is no big deal, but I bet you don't feel that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top