Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 5:08:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Winamp may have set up the file associations to use Winamp to be the default player for your mp3 files- right click and see if it give you the 'open with' option. Then pick 'choose from list' and try using medis player.

I think winamp is far superior to media player though.

You could also uninstall the Kaaza.  

>>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232730 has some related info- you have an invalid driver somewhere. You can also try updating the media player and or the winamp drivers.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a driver conflict.  CINMST32.DLL looks to be part of a DVD package and it would seem to have conflicts.

Suggest trying to update the Cinemaster software first and see if that clears it up.

Next remove Kazza Lite.

What version of WMP and Windows is installed?

Oh and concur on Winamp.  Using WMP for MP3's is just plain overkill.  WMP 8 and 9 has so much crap piled in they should call it "stuffware".

Doh!  Just saw the subject that you're on 98.

Make sure you run Windows Update and get all critical updates installed.  The other stuff you can check on/do later.

Also suggest that if WMP is later than version 6.4.x that you uninstall via add/remove programs.  That should leave the last version of 6 on the system.  For most older machines running 98, WMP above the last version of 6 are major resource hogs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a week or two ago, I was ready to take my computer to the range with me and ventilate it with a subgun.
Then I upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP...
Haven't had a single problem since...

Unlike Win98, Windows XP does all the thinking for you...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top