Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 2:44:06 PM EDT
I have not confirmed it really happened yet.

Can anyone verify it?

I found it at Texas High Power Forum.

After 8 years of shame, it is good to be proud of the President again.

{ From:  Mark (MARKWOODARD)    Jun-19 4:27 pm)  

"At Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, D.C. recently, the sergeant Major of the Army, Jack Tilley, was with a group of people visiting the wounded soldiers. He saw a Special Forces soldier who had lost his right hand and suffered severe wounds to his face and side of his body.
The SMA wanted to honor him and show him respect without offending him, but what can you say or do in such a situation that will encourage and uplift? How do you shake the right hand of a soldier who has none?

He decided to act as though the hand was not missing and gripped the soldier's wrist while speaking words of comfort and encouragement to him.

But there was another man in that group of visitors who had even brought his wife with him to visit the wounded who knew exactly what to do.

This man reverently took the soldiers stump of a hand in both of his hands, bowed at the bedside and prayed for him. When he finished the prayer he stood up, bent over the soldier and kissed him on the head and told him that he loved him.

What a powerful expression of love for one of our wounded heroes!

What kind of a man would kneel in such humility and submission? It was the wounded man's Commander-in-Chief, George W. Bush; a true leader.

This story was told by the SMA at a Soldiers Breakfast held at Red Arsenal, AL, and recorded by Chaplain James Henderson, stationed there."

"Pass it on...the press won't"

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Snopes calls it "Undetermined" so it may or may not be true.

[url]http://snopes.com/politics/bush/injured.asp[/url]

I'd like to believe it is, as it would fit GW's character.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:56:26 PM EDT
[#3]
... Wow! I hadn't heard that before. I truely admire George Bush Jr.

... Tomorrow at this time he will be in the building adjacent to me (Sheraton) in Manhattan for a fund raiser. I'm in the Hilton next door, but I'm sure it would be impossible to see him.

... Besides, the assholes at DU are planning a big protest on 7th Avenue so it's probably best I just stay in.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
great story
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link Airwolf.

I had heard the Balls story from Navy sources.

It could be true.

The "I have the Balls" On aproach is the sly dry humor I grew up with in Texas, before she was diluted by Liberals.

President Bush does have a sense of humor.

His humor goes right over the heads of  the media.

I catch most of it.

I do not know what that says about me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope it's true. It wouldn't surprise me if it is true.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
... Besides, the assholes at DU are planning a big protest on 7th Avenue so it's probably best I just stay in.
View Quote

So, they will have 4-5 people there?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Water Balloons filled with paint for the DU bunch, will get you on the News.[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Water Balloons filled with paint for the DU bunch, will get you on the News.[ROFL2]
View Quote

... Ha ha. The last thing in the world I need on my hands here is "being on the news", funny guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top