Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 1:16:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:38:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful!   Tell him we'd be happy to have him here in Nevada, we can always use another conservative to help keep this a free state!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Went shooting with a friend of mine and he brought one of his friends along.  He had only been shooting one time many years ago.  He's conservative, so I didn't need to do any voodoo rituals to convert him or anything.  [:D]

Started him off with pistols (Glock 17 and 1911) and did quite well.  After some coaching, he was putting a good number of shots in the black at 15yds.  Did a good job with trigger finger and muzzle discipline too.

Then we went down and shot rifles (AR and Garand).  He liked the Garand though he hard a hard time getting a good cheek weld.  He fell in love with the AR and was rather annoyed that he couldn't buy one in this state.  "Can I buy one in Nevada and bring it here?"  No, sorry.  Then after explaining that the receiver is considered the actual firearm per the DOJ, "can I buy a receiver and build an AR?"  No, sorry.  "Crap, I need to move to Nevada."

He had a great time and will probably be buying a pistol in the near future.  I also told him to pick up a Mossberg 500 since Big 5 sporting goods has them on sale for $200 quite often.  I'm going to get his e-mail address so I can invite him to future arfcom and calguns.net shoots.
View Quote

Damn, don't you hate the words California, NO, and guns strung together in a sentence? =)  It's great that we share our passion for guns and not be exclusive about it.  Building upon friendships and spreading the word.  It's great.  Come on over to NV, we need more gun lovers to defect!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top