Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/30/2001 4:48:25 PM EDT
We have several stray cats in out neighborhood living out by the river and all. I like to put a can of tuna out in the road and get on the roof and snipe them by the streetlight? Am I the only one that likes to do this??I might need help..Is there anyone that sells factory 300 whisper? or do you still have to build them?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
here we go again...
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
We have several stray cats in out neighborhood living out by the river and all. I like to put a can of tuna out in the road and get on the roof and snipe them by the streetlight? Am I the only one that likes to do this??I might need help..
View Quote

Depends on local laws and how feral cats are
classified. You may or may not be able to do as
you wish. In Florida yotes can be baited and hunted year round.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I must of missed the other posts,,I'll have to do a search..
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Before you snipe them, you might want to see if any answer to the name Fluffy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Topic - GREAT CAT KILLS
View Quote

I once killed a whole box of some cereal
with a picture of a great cat on the box
telling me that they're grrreat.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally I think anyone who gets kicks out of killing something just for the sake of killing it is one simple mother f*cker.

Do YOU like taking that next breath of air? Do you like being alive? Just because something is smaller, weaker and can't defend itself, doesn't mean it deserves to die just to entertain you.

Hunting and eating your pray is one thing. Killing because you get off on simply killing, in my opinion, is a sign of a screwed up, imbalanced whack-o.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#7]
......and no, I'm not an animal rights nut job. I just value the hell out of my own life and don't think that other creatures deserve to die just to cure my boredom.

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Wording. It's all about how you word these types of posts.

If you wrote this as a pest control or feral animal control post, I could understand.

But writing how you bait and kill Fluffy just gives antigunners more ammunition.

Please, if you are serious about wanting to keep your rights, use some common sense.

And, yes, if you are killing cats just for the fun of it, you need help.

And I HATE cats!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#9]
And I also suggest that if we see any more threads of this nature, that we treat it as a troll.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]
And so the club grows!!!
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/shitanim_small.gif[/img][heavy]

oubeta keep up the great work ridding the world of these filthy animals!!
Don't let the pansy a$$e$ on this board scare you away, they're just girlie men, especially Rifleer1!!!  LOL

Randall-Flagg
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
What, no pics? Do you have a ghillie suit made out of composition roofing so that you blend in with the roof?

Seriously, while I generally like cats, I have no patience for the pets of irresponsible owners or strays when the start to infiltrate my garage and home. Running through the yard within reason is fine, but they had better leave my pets alone and stay the hell out of my garage and house. I think that trapping them and taking them to pound is a decent, humane first step to resolving the problem. But let's face it, in reality you are basically just leaving the killing to someone at the pound instead of doing it yourself. I don't have a problem with putting down nuisance animals and I don't see why anyone else would, either. If you are so worried about poor Fido or Fluffy, freakin' control them and take care of them before someone else does it for you!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#12]
M4, excuse me if I lose a bit of clarity and rational here as I'm hurrying to go in and eat dinner.

First, I think we're talking about pests here.

A feral cat doesn't even begin to compare with a deer or a game bird.

Now if that cat is someone's pet, that's entirely different.  Anybody messes with one of our 3 cats and I'm gonna be more than pissed.

But there are animals out there that are more of a nuisance than anything else.

Yes, there is a level of enjoyment that can be had when it comes to going out and dispatching a couple of vermin when you're invited by ranchers or farmers or even if it's out in the middle of public grass lands.  There is a challenge to it and when you connect with that 400 yard squirrel there is a level of satisfaction derived from that shot.

So I'm a simple f**k, ohwell.  Maybe it's a challenge just because of my simple mindedness?  Hmmm, aim gun pull trigger, it's just that simple right?   Just like bagging a deer is just as easy as going out finding a deer and killing it right, after all where's the challenge in that?

I don't feel that all animals have to serve some kind of purpose to the person who shoots it, like shooting squirrels and having to make use of the thing by eating it or something.  The Ca. ground squirrel is a fairly pathetic little pest, flea ridden diseased animals is a very accurate discription in some areas where the things have been known to carry the plague at times.  I'm not about to eat something like that, I will however use a bullet/load combination that will splatter it across the hillside when I hit it, I'll be damned if it doesn't put a little bit of a smile on my face when I make an exceptional shot from 400 yards out, I have yet to hit one at 500 yards but I've come awful close.

I don't exactly like it when my type of recreation is bashed upon by a group of people who don't see much use for it.  I get a level of enjoyment out of it that is likely very similar to what a turkey hunter, duck hunter, or deer hunter gets when they make a great shot or were able to make an excellent stalk and shot.

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]

We can't let ourselves get any much more devided.

We've got hunters with the mentality that just because their double barreled shotgun and bolt action rifle suit them fine for hunting that should mean the same firearms should be fine for the rest of the firearms community, just because they can't derrive any satisfaction from owning our kind of firearms they have no problems with our rights being denied.  And then if you should use an AK for deer hunting or an AR for feral pig hunting, they look down on you because you're using a type of firearm they don't happen to like the looks of, nevermind how effective you might be with it, they are right and you are wrong.

Same goes for the hunter mentality where  satisfaction from a hunt can be obtained only when the type of hunting is one where the animal is consumed by a hunter and is not "wasted".  To these types is the ridding of pests only allowed if you do not derive any satisfaction out of it?  The animal is dying without being consumed so it's a sad occasion and ethically you can't obtain any sort of satisfaction from it?  It's bad enough that card carrying PETA types are wanting to stop all killing of animals period, that means deer hunters and varmint shooters together lose out.  It's worse when the hunters take offense against varmint shooters and help to further the cause of the PETA members.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
......and no, I'm not an animal rights nut job. I just value the hell out of my own life and don't think that other creatures deserve to die just to cure my boredom.

View Quote

So I guess asking you to go along with me to Oklahoma with a couple of AR-15s and a 12 pack of Bud for bait and waiting for Oubeta to take a drink is out of the question.
[img]http://www.animfactory.com/animations/flags_poles/us_state_flags/kentucky_md_clr.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

We can't let ourselves get any much more devided.

We've got hunters with the mentality that just because their double barreled shotgun and bolt action rifle suit them fine for hunting that should mean the same firearms should be fine for the rest of the firearms community, just because they can't derrive any satisfaction from owning our kind of firearms they have no problems with our rights being denied.  And then if you should use an AK for deer hunting or an AR for feral pig hunting, they look down on you because you're using a type of firearm they don't happen to like the looks of, nevermind how effective you might be with it, they are right and you are wrong.

Same goes for the hunter mentality where  satisfaction from a hunt can be obtained only when the type of hunting is one where the animal is consumed by a hunter and is not "wasted".  To these types is the ridding of pests only allowed if you do not derive any satisfaction out of it?  The animal is dying without being consumed so it's a sad occasion and ethically you can't obtain any sort of satisfaction from it?  It's bad enough that card carrying PETA types are wanting to stop all killing of animals period, that means deer hunters and varmint shooters together lose out.  It's worse when the hunters take offense against varmint shooters and help to further the cause of the PETA members.
View Quote

I agree,

hey uglygun can you post a link to those pics of your ar's, thanks
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#16]
hg112, just head here and knock yourself out :)[url]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/main.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:11:04 PM EDT
[#17]
oubeta: you must have just joined right after cyclone randalflag past, good luck! you'll need it! cat lovers-at least he's not stacking um.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Before you snipe them, you might want to see if any answer to the name Fluffy.
View Quote

If it does that way you can save the can of tuna you were going to use for bait.

Seriously I had a pet duck that was eaten by somebodys stupid cat. I have no problem with cats that are kept in their own yards but when it comes into mine what do you expect? They tear up the plants, sh*t allover the place, not to mention kill my pets. I shot that cat, but even though it killed my pet I didn't get a rush off of it. Seriously man if you are shooting random cats and enjoying it, seek help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Do not let a feral cats or other cats go in the outdoors.
Cats are VERY detrimental to native bird and rodent populations.
I've heard that:
CV caps work great once the cat is in the trap but can be very bloody.
This guy also told me that a piece of wire with a loop on it works great once they are in the trap.
BTW the humane society was no help with my friends problem
Scratch
Good luck
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that likes to do this??I might need help..
View Quote

You do need help. Professional help. [spank]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Scratch,  I must support your notation of the fact that feral cats can be very detrimental to some bird species.  Australia has a problem with feral cats.  They are not native to the Australian continent and have seriously affected the local ecosystem.  

One would be well within his or her rights to whack feral cats in order to protect pets and native wildlife.  

One other important point, feral cats may harbor unpleasant diseases which may be dangerous or FATAL to humans (i.e. rabies).

It would be your civic duty, oubeta, to call animal control (who will kill the cats) or to take matters into your own hands and grease the vermin yourself.  What the hell difference does it make if you, or local officials dispose of the pests?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Seems every gun magazine has some add with a chuck in the crosshairs, but nobody ever has a problem with that.  Taking a life is taking a life, it really doesn't matter if the animal is a chuck or a cat.  We kill animals all the time for thier pelts but when its some cute looking baby seal with its little puppy dog face people freak.  

You are either ok with killing for sport or your not, I can understand either point.  Me personally, I just assume blast a cat as look at it.  I would never kill a neighbors pet for fun because I would not want to break some little girls heart, but I do blast a red squirlls (sp?) from time to time or a chuck for sport and see no difference with a stray cat.  

If the idea of killing a cat really turns you on, and you bait them with tuna then you might have some serious sadistic streak in you, but I for one am not going to pass judgement on you.

Killing is killing, I don't care if there is dolphin in my tuna, just cause flipper was cute and smiled his life is worth more than some ugly ass smelly tunafish?

What the hell am I talking about.......

nevermind
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#23]
oubeta - obviously the laws of universal karma elude you - perhaps one day you will wake up not in your bed, but in a strange place away from home.  your 'family' have abandoned you somewhere strange... you are filthy from mud and starving.  suddenly in the dimly lighted street you see and smell music to your eyes.  a plate with a steaming big mac, fries a coke and an apple pie.

you run over to the plate to beat out the others and suddenly you feel a hot sharp pain in your left shoulder and you can feel the warmth of your own life essences spreading all over you and the cold ground like hot maple syrup.....there is so much pain but you can't move.  so you lie there like a piece of thinking ground beef...whimpering

meanwhile in the tree near by is a giant redneck potbellied red neck cat with a suppressed m16 (no nfa in catland!) chewing on some chaw.  he spits to the ground with the same disgust his dad beat him and his mom as a kitten "yeah! get some!!"

steve

Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#24]
[img]web-comm.com/ar15/cats.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok, here's my take.

I personally consider all free roaming domestic animals on my property pests. I will shoot them on sight, after warning my neighbors that I do not want their pets on my property. I extend the same courtesy to my neighbors with my dog. It will not terrorize their children, take a dump in their yard, or kill their rabbits, as long as I have any way to control the dog, which I do. The housecat need not be feral to be destructive, as they kill on average of 400 small animals per year, while maintaining a normal and happy home life. Housecats are wired to kill, even when they are not hungry, they're bred that way. My sister readily violates this type of courtesy, as she owns a free roaming housecat. I have spoken with her about it, but to no avail.

Dogs are worse, in some ways, for they can main children, and injure and kill livestock.

That said, I do not bait these pests, the whole point is to keep them OFF of my land. If you are purposely bringing them onto your land to shoot them, you are sick and need help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#26]
you all are a bunch of prissy girls.
Get some balls. I wake up every morning to 5 wild as hell cats sleeping on my mustang. Ever start your car in the winter and have a couple cats taking a nap in your engine? Ever have cat shit all in your flower bed? Or find a litter of stinking kittens in your shed? Or your garbage ripped up all the time? I think I'm being too humane. My next trick it to bare the wires of a extension cord and put a can of tuna in a little puddle of water and see if the National Lampoons Christams tree cat thing really works. This is got me all fired up, loading CB's as we speak...damn kat lovers
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#27]
outbeta, are you a wannabe super-sniper O.S.O.K. that, being refused by the US ARMY, SEALS, Green Berets, Spec OP, CIA, FBI, 82nd Airborne Div. and so on is playing with his "sniper" rifle to kill cats and is trying to find some consensus here?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:26:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Oubeta, you're the prissy girl, you scrawny fuck. Eat shit and die.

PS I hate cats
PPS I have shot many feral cats on my hunting lease because they don't belong there.
PPPS you are not and will never be a hunter. Too bad, get a life.

Edited for more flames...
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#29]
oubeta, i doubt very many people here have a problem with you killing the cats. If they are being pests then who cares, you need to kill them. But for your own good don't kill them for "the rush". I hate to even suggest that you are doing it for that reason but it sure comes off like it in your first post. Killing is just like a drug. Once you get hooked to torturing cats with electrical cord, youre gonna jump up to setting them on fire. Then when you say you do that you still won't understand why people say "get help". How do you think serial killers get started?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Wonder how long before this gets locked?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#31]
What are you saying Brad? I know that a picture
is supposed to be worth a 1000 words but this one could use a few words for context.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#32]

That said, I do not bait these pests, the whole point is to keep them OFF of my land. If you are purposely bringing them onto your land to shoot them, you are sick and need help.
View Quote

You set out bait and traps just like you do
for roachs and rats. Nothing sick about it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
Topic - GREAT CAT KILLS
View Quote

I once killed a whole box of some cereal
with a picture of a great cat on the box
telling me that they're grrreat.
View Quote

Just what we need! Another freeking cereal killer! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Oh...they're not pets?? Now it makes perfect sense. Anything that's not a pet deserves to die just to amuse me.

Funny how so many people on here just hate being "targeted" for unjust reasons, yet they think it's fine to blow away anything that breaths for the sake of entertainment. It's a simple matter of valuing life. What an absurd concept, huh?

"Ummmm...yeah, I love bein' alive myself, but when something else is a lower life form, can't defend itself or speak up, it's perfectly ok to blow it away for the fun of it....not because I need to but just cuz I can."

You would have no idea what it would be like if you were on the receiving end of an attitude like that. Strange how so many on here believe in god, but when it comes time to place any value at all on some of his creations, that's conveniently bypassed and justified by simply labeling it a "pest".

The evolution of the human species is a painfully slow process for some of us to watch.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#39]
I don't believe in god, and feel no compulsion to capitolize the name of a fictional creation. You capitolize it if you believe in it. I made the point about god because a lot of people on this board ARE religious.

And by the way, I do live in a rural area, but you wouldn't have known that because you have no clue what your talking about. Just assumptions to attempt to make a point.

I didn't say I was "enlightened", that's another spin you decided to put on this to, again, attempt a point.

I know fantasy land opens up a lot more options for you then reality, but try to stick to what was actually said. Getting your panties all in a bunch isn't helping either.

So your gripe is that I have a different opinion huh? Well maybe you're living in the wrong country. Try China, North Korea or Afganistan. They just LOVE getting hysterical over simple differences of opinion. Maybe if you're lucky, you could be included in the next stoning of those who don't walk the party line.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Beekeeper.....
I appreciate your comments, and I definately agree to politely disagree. Each of us are equally entitled to our opinions, and I respect your position even though I don't share it.

I too appologize for any of my statements that were inappropriate, that really was not my intention.

I consider a lot of the people on this board as brothers and sisters of sorts, and that doesn't mean they have to agree with my opinions.

Growing up, there were always those guys in the neighborhood who took great delight in simply hurting animals. It wasn't for the hunt, and it wasn't culling any out of control pest population. It was something that was based on just getting off by hurting or killing something just because they could. I think that it's fair to say that some of those people carry that same disregard for life in to their adulthood. That is what I disagree with.

Again, no hard feelings. Each to their own.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#43]
speaking of cat killing.......I just shot my second one this morning. The first was last month. They crap on my pool cover, kill birds on my pool cover and rip apart my trash...............I'm now just waiting to get the dog in my sites that takes a giant crap on my front lawn every few days. Fido will be a gonner soon.

Link Posted: 5/1/2001 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#44]
You know, It's useless crap posts like this one that sometimes makes me think we do deserve to have the gun grabbers take our guns.

Any of you "great white hunters" heard of animal control? Why don't you try hunting or sniping an equal and armed adversary...

It just makes me sick!

PS. I am not blasting the true hunters or an area that may have a legit "pest" problem, just the sick people who enjoy a twisted affair like in the original post by Oubeta.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:01:47 AM EDT
[#45]
What a great way to start the morning.

Cat shooting worhtless scum:  I hope that one day soon you shoot the wrong cat, a cat belonging to a person with a long range sniper rifle and the skill to use it.   Someone who would put a bullet in your head, as you so obviously deserve.

I believe in karma, but it's just wishful thinking.  I really hope someone kills you soon.  You are worse than a waste of humanity, you lack any and all qualities that make up a decent human being. There is no reason for you to exist and waste space on this planet.

Let me take a guess about you:  you are very poor, because you are stupid.  One or both of your parents was a drunk and used to beat you.  Maybe still do.  Your future looks as bright as a 6 foot deep hole on a moonless night.  You and your equally useless friends sit on the hoods of your cars every Saturday night, talking about how the system, or the zionists, or whoever has screwed you over, and that is why your lives suck.  You don't like animals, because animals don't like you, as well they should not, for you have little about you to like.  Most people don't like you either.  You are either alone in the world, or you conned some poor woman into living with you.   You abuse her, and get off on it.

How close am I?

In fact, how is that you even know how to use a computer?

I respect all life, except that which belongs to people who enjoy taking the life of living, breathing, feeling creatures just for kicks.  Please put me on your obituary notification mailing list.  I will take the day off work and light candles.

Property defending animal shooters:  You are only a little bit better.  Just a teeny bit.  Oooh, the big bad putty cat is gonna tear up your rose garden.  Oh no! The nasty crow is gonna poop on you 1974 rust-brown pick up.  You gotta kill 'em all!

And, I cannot believe I am about to say this, but people like you make me reevaluate my position on gun control.

Bill Wallace
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Miami........your not one of those guys that dials 911 before you shoot are ya......[:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#47]
We had some annoying feral cats in my neighborhood.  They had been scratching little kids, as well as ripping things up and yowling at night.

We called animal control, and they said they only bother with dogs.  They had traps we could borrow, which did not work.

Finally, my neighbor left some antifreeze out and the cats disapeared.  That is an awful way to die.

Shooting them would have been more humane, but of course that is illegal.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:06:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
you all are a bunch of prissy girls.
Get some balls.
View Quote

Prissy girls?  I would venture a guess that many of the people you are referring to probably could eat you for breakfast and shit you out by lunch.  But that is just an assumption (and incidentally, I am not claiming to be one of those people).  My point is, you baiting and shooting cats does not make you more or less of a "prissy girl", nor does my opinion on the subject.  Not only that, but you should have worded your post a little better.  Had you come out and say how much trouble you have had with these pests, this thread probably would have turned out a little different.  But instead, you have to say the stupid shit you said in your first post and make yourself sound like one of those Columbine fuckheads...a messed up, attention seeking teenager.  I am not saying that you are one, but you definitely sound like you have a screw loose in your original post.  I hope you don't walk around spouting that kind of shit to anyone who will listen, because that type of thing is VERY counter-productive to our cause.  And by the way, when I read your post it really pissed me off.  However, in reading more I understand your point and your frustration (although I still do not agree with you).  Please understand that my problem is not with your opinion, for you are entitled to it...my problem is with your delivery and the image you are portraying.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:14:59 AM EDT
[#49]
To answer your question, RAVYN, no I would not dial 911 prior to having to shoot someone in defense of my family or property.

If I have a choice of killing or not killing I would choose the latter, but if I had to shoot someone in self-defense, I could and would.

I just don't beleive in any type of killing for fun or sick kicks as it seems clear many here enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#50]
hehe, no prob Miami.......I was just havin some fun.........I agree.....I kill nothing for the pure enjoyment of it. The animals I kill, I kill cleanly and either for meat or pest control. I also don't agree with killing for the sake of killing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top