Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2003 12:26:20 AM EDT
How do you secure a Camelback drinking tube on  load bearing vests, say for example on an Eagle TAC-V1-N vest and a Camelback Storm? It looks like it would just flop around and get in the way of mag pouches and stuff.

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The cammelbacks I've seen have a clip to hold the tube in place.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:24:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The cammelbacks I've seen have a clip to hold the tube in place.
View Quote

Yeah, try to find a clip for the tube.  If not, I'd sow a ring or a loop onto the lower front shoulder of the vest.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:27:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How do you secure a Camelback drinking tube on  load bearing vests...
View Quote

You need a camel toe for that. [:P]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#4]
use one of the pocket flaps on the non firing shoulder.  Also is there not a D ring on the shoulder that you can run the tube thru?

I would take a pic, but I use a Hellcat now instead of a vest.  

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How do you secure a Camelback drinking tube on  load bearing vests, say for example on an Eagle TAC-V1-N vest and a Camelback Storm? It looks like it would just flop around and get in the way of mag pouches and stuff.

View Quote

I have read this 5 times and I am still trying to find the typical cynicism and paranoia in it.  Can someone please help me?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:52:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are D Rings on the shoulder of the Eagle Industries TAC-V1 that the hose  from any camelbak will slip through.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#7]
They do flop around. Use a standard badge clip, or buy one of the specific toys made for this purpose. Also, get an on/off valve so that your Camelbak doesn't get a case of "the drip" and soak you, especially when you are crawling around.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I just tuck the end of the tube into my vest.  After I run it through the "D" Rings
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many 10/22 mags can that TAC-V1-N hold, anyway?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#10]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There are D Rings on the shoulder of the Eagle Industries TAC-V1 that the hose  from any camelbak will slip through.
View Quote

If a [url=www.specopsbrand.com/assets/product_html/prod_theHUMP.html]Spec-Ops H.U.M.P.[/url] is being used to secure the Camelback, then the d-rings on the vest cannot be used.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top