Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 10:48:11 PM EDT
How can the fox program "paradise hotel" be a "new hit show" when the shitty thing hasn't even aired one episode?

I am sick of these moronic "let's get a bunch of dumb assed 20 somethings together and see how big of an ass the can make of themselves" reality shows.

The kind of reality show I want to see would be called "Solitary Confinement". It would only consist of 2 episodes.

Show #1: Lame ass 20 somethings get put into Alcatraz style solitary confinement cells (no light) for a period of 30 days and will not be let out for any reason. During this time they will be subjected to sleep deprivation and audio tracks that repeat "2+2=5", "the sky is green", and "kill the others".

Show #2: At the end of 30 days the lame asses are released into a WWE style caged arena where they are encouraged to kill each other. The person who emerges the winner is given an all expenses paid lifetime committment to the insane asylum of their choice.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You seem to have a lot of anger issues.  Have you thought about talking to a professional?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Citizen # 3,306,543 is growing restless. Alter the frequency.

And now....
... a musical monkey!

[img]http://www.accessfirst.net/image32.jpg[/img]

[i][orange]{Applause Sign}[/orange][/i]

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The best reality TV show can be seen in Unreal Tournament.

Have criminals fight to the death for the pleasure of those people watching. It would be the biggest hit on TV. Give them machetes, knives, chains, swords, and chainsaws and let them get to it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The best reality TV show can be seen in Unreal Tournament.

Have criminals fight to the death for the pleasure of those people watching. It would be the biggest hit on TV. Give them machetes, knives, chains, swords, and chainsaws and let them get to it.
View Quote

No criminals. Stupid hysterical 20 somethings.

Oh and as I said before the only "extreme" events involving womenz that should be taking place on the "reality shows" are marathon bukkake and gang bangs.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...marathon bukkake...
View Quote

On regular TV, huh?

View Quote

Yes. There just isn't enough educational programming on network television these days.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:26:43 AM EDT
[#7]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:58:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't worry, they'll be gone soon.

Proud to say that I've never watched ANY of these.

[url]http://www.canoe.ca/Television/jun20_ratings-sun.html[/url]

Ratings fall really hard
By BILL BRIOUX -- Toronto Sun

That bright idea to cram a billion contest/reality shows into network schedules this summer may have backfired. Ratings are slipping faster than airline stock. NBC's Fame, FOX's American Juniors and For Love And Money all failed to crack the 10-million viewer mark Stateside. The Amazing Race 4 is barely competitive among 18-49s in The U.S.

In his Programming Insider, Mediaweek TV expert Marc Berman has a one word dismissal for each of these shows:

America's Next Top Model: addictive

American Juniors: uncomfortable

Fame: blah

For Love Or Money: repetitive

Last Comic Standing: annoying

Stupid Behavior Caught on Tape: huh?

Only NBC's Last Comic Standing cracked the U.S. Top-10.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Some of the major television networks have announced that they are going to compete in a race from the gutter to the sewer this fall season.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Why not, creating TV programs is a really expensive and time consuming ordeal, you can create reality program for what in Hollywood is equivalent to a song. Why not? Makes perfect sense monetarily anyways. And of course some people are dumb enough to watch this mine-numbing BS.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#11]
There is nothing on TV worth your time unless it's a movie you like, or a special about guns.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#12]
What reality?  These shows do not depict reality.  Never did.  It is some producers idea of reality.  It started with that dumbassed social fiction "The Real World."  What was realistic about that BS?  Only thing about it was that it was unscripted. (Brainless too) All contrived, propaganda as far as I'm concerned.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:46:56 AM EDT
[#14]
This is why I no longer watch TV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top