Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 10:04:33 PM EDT
I was jumping around channels and stopped on starz.  The last 45 minutes of Mulholland drive was on.  Gotta be a David Lynch movie.  Holy crap is that some screwed up stuff.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Great movie.  You gotta watch the whole thing.  Then again about two more times to figure it out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've watched it twice [u]and[/u] read the commentary and still have no idea what it's about.  

Some great G-on-G action though.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
 MUCH better than Lost Highway.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:37:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It didn't help that I have been picking up episodes of Twin Peaks off Kazaa then rented Mulholland Drive.  Can I sue David Lynch for the fucked up dreams I have for weeks after watching something of his?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm still trying to figure out Eraser Head.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Jay
View Quote

HAHA  that's one bizarre movie.  Makes Brazil seem pretty bland.

Try "El Topo"   -- I HAD to take a 'Humanities" class.  The "Professor" MADE us watch this freakin' "movie".  
[url]http://www.notcoming.com/reviews/eltopo.html[/url]

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Jay
View Quote

I last saw Eraserhead about 20 yrs. ago in college. IIRC, the movie's about the struggle between, on one hand, one's devotion to one's art and, on the other hand, the need to pay attention to and raise a family. (As if there should be a quandary here...) It is a pretty obscure movie, one that 'limp-wristed "feelm criteeks" ' (thank you, RockyD) looove to agonize over...

A college buddy of mine went to a costume party as Henry from Eraserhead. Black suit, skinny tie, hair piled high like a Serbian dictator, carrying the ubiquitous paper bag....needless to say, I was the only one that got the joke. Story of my life.....

Another mutual friend and I used to run a radio show on the local college station, and he'd play the theme song from Eraserhead, sung by the Lady in the Radiator...

"In heaven, everything is fine,
you've got your thing, I've got mine"

...as our opening and closing theme. We used to get a lot of calls from drunken jocks screaming, "WTF is that s&%t??? Somebody oughta have you arrested!" [rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top