Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 7:28:06 PM EDT
He got his ass KICKED throughout that fight, except for three sweet uppercuts.

Regardless, the fight is stopped for a cut.  Speaking with Larry Merchant post-fight, Lewis is "I was all over him........I don't know what fight you were watching."   What a dickhead!  He got a spanking, takin' to school, behind the woodshed, beatin' like a red-headed step-child!

And he's talking shit after getting whipped by a "Class B" as he called it fighter.  

My point is that I have always defended Lewis prior to tonight's fight. You know, "He's cocky, but he can back it up" stuff.  After watching tonights fight, I have moved to my wife's view that he's just a cocky POS.  He looked terrible from the first bell.  What a loser.  He's got the belt and the money, but when those are both gone he'll still be an asshole.

Klitschko is a class act, thanking the fans and immediately requesting a rematch.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to defend Lennox Lewis too, until I realized that he doesn't even know my name [:(]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
He got lucky he opened up those 2 cuts on the Ukrainian. He just kept comming, and would've put Lewis down in one more round.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't believe that anybody still takes boxing any more seriously than "professional" wrestling.

Wise up.  It's all for show!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]

[img]http://i.cnn.net/si/boxing/news/2003/06/21/usfront_lennoxt1/vitaly_t1_ap.jpg[/img]

White guys start bleeding as soon as they enter the ring.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy Sh*t that is one mean cut.

If only Tommy What's His Name didn't get HIV...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

[V]

Too bad indeed, Lennox Lewis would be out of a belt right about now.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#7]
You mean Tommy Morrison!

Yeah, he was good, but not nearly in the same league (IMHO) as these two tonight.

He was a good fighter though, he had a lot of heart.

I have been converted to a Klitschko fan after this fight.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw one of TM's last fights when some black dude was all the fuck over him for five or six rounds. Morrison was gettin' a fat-ass beating and then, all of a sudden, he turned it around with two or three blows and won by KO.

Unbelievable. Anybody remember the fight or the opponent?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I was going nuts watching that fight.  Lewis was slow and fat and out of his game.

The Russki always seemed to hold back when Lewis was staggering.  DAMN!  Finish him off!

If Lewis did not get that lucky punch in to open up his eyebrow, he would have been toast in round 3.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I rememember that fight.

I think it was Razor Ruddick,if he was a real big, tall, cut brother.

I remember Morrison basically gettin pummled and dominated the entire fight.

Out on his feet and one shot basically put the other dude out.Tommy went after him and the guy couldn't defend himself and got knocked out.

I've always thought Lewis was over rated and get tired of the "One of the Greatest" talk.

That cut on Klishco was nasty,but Lewis looked like he had no skills agaist a pretty awkward fighter.

Tyson before the rape would have knoocked both those stiffs out in the first round,maybe even during his first post prison comeback.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[V]
View Quote
Lewis made Morrison his beeotch once already.

[img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_819380_lewis_morrison_150.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think I rememember that fight.

I think it was Razor Ruddick,if he was a real big, tall, cut brother.

I remember Morrison basically gettin pummled and dominated the entire fight.

Out on his feet and one shot basically put the other dude out.Tommy went after him and the guy couldn't defend himself and got knocked out.
View Quote

I believe you are correct. Good work. I've got the tape of it somewhere.

I think you are right about the single punch too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[V]
View Quote
Lewis made Morrison his beeotch once already.

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_819380_lewis_morrison_150.jpg[/url]

View Quote

I was replying to the underlying meaning of why fights are stopped now under the "severe cut" rule.  Simple. One dipshit got HIV and can't have all that blood mixing in cuts.

So they stop the fights quicker.

TM would not have beat Lewis.

But without his HIV status they may not have stopped the fight as quickly and Lewis may havve gotten KO'ed by Klitschko.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Tommy Morrison was strong but overrated as a fighter, IMHO. If you want a cool white boxer, I gotta go with Golata. Thats a big white boy that just don't give a damn. If his opponent screws around he bites, headbutts, hits below the belt, whatever. I saw him bite a guy on the neck once, not by accident, he just opened his mouth and chomped the guy!

After the Riddick Bowe fight (which Golata was winning by a good margin) he was on Conan O'brien saying how Bowe was scared & wanted to end the fight

"He was afraid, he hit me in back of head many time but I not cry."
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#15]
"Never bet on the white guy."

[;D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

[;D]
View Quote

Damn, you beat me to it.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#17]
In the rematch, I'm putting my money down on Klitschko.
He will have his shit together, and know exactly how to own ([owned]) lewis.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

[;D]
View Quote

Unless it's a chess match.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[;D]
View Quote

View Quote

ROFL!
IBTL!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I knew Id find a IBTL topic tonight.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[;D]
View Quote

View Quote
Seeing as how Kleistlsako or whatever was a Ukranian, he probably has a decent chess game in his head too.

Wouldn't that be a kicker - if this white guy can beat the tar out of the best black boxer in the world AND whip him in chess too! He make that brotha feel awfully inadequate. [:D]

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Seeing as how Kleistlsako or whatever was a Ukranian, he probably has a decent chess game in his head too.
View Quote

...matter of fact..

[img]http://www.chessbase.com/columns/migpics/garry-klitschko.jpg[/img]

Here he is with Kasparov.
They are good friends.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

...matter of fact..

Here he is with Kasparov.
They are good friends.
View Quote
Are you shittin me!? [:O]

Damn. My respect for this guy just went up 1000fold.

[^]

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:34:00 AM EDT
[#24]
in case you guys weren't listening klitschko has a doctorate as well from the university of kiev.
josam
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:25:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Funny how new information transforms threads...
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:30:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
in case you guys weren't listening klitschko has a doctorate as well from the university of kiev.
josam
View Quote

NO WAY! [shock] Der ubermensch!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:53:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[;D]
View Quote

View Quote

lmao
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:02:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, his PhD is in Sports Medicine.

A few years ago, the brothers made a decision to stay with boxing and give up kickboxing careers.  I'm glad, with the decline in kickboxing popularity here in the States if they'd stayed with that we would probably never have heard of them.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Where's Lewis from?
Jamaica, no wait, Canada, no, lemme see, the UK?
Ya thats right. Hard to keep up he switched countries so many times.[V]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yeah, his PhD is in Sports Medicine.

A few years ago, the brothers made a decision to stay with boxing and give up kickboxing careers.  I'm glad, with the decline in kickboxing popularity here in the States if they'd stayed with that we would probably never have heard of them.
View Quote

Now imagine a street fight between Klitschko and lewis? Klitschko would absolutely own the fuck.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:48:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Now imagine a street fight between Klitschko and lewis? Klitschko would absolutely own the fuck.
View Quote

Yeah, that would definitely be a short fight.  I know when I fought guys who were like 6'4" I thought their legs had incredible reach.  Klitschko is 6'8", so I'm thinking he could roundhouse someone in the side of the face from about 1/2 block away.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I saw one of TM's last fights when some black dude was all the fuck over him for five or six rounds. Morrison was gettin' a fat-ass beating and then, all of a sudden, he turned it around with two or three blows and won by KO.

Unbelievable. Anybody remember the fight or the opponent?
View Quote

I think that was Rocky after he got pushed into the pinball machine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:43:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Man i saw the replay of this fight last night and even though I knew who won before I watched it I still found myself chering when Lewis was gettin pounded on. I can't believe all the shit talking that man did after the fight was called. If it wasn't for theat cut lewis would have been on his ass within the next two rounds. He looked like he didn't take Klitschko as a serious threat. I hope there is a rematch so i can watch lewis get the snot whipped out of him.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#34]
If Lewis actually trains for the next fight he will kill the Ruskie
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

If Lewis grants a rematch - and it wouldn't surprise me if he [b]didn't[/b] - he'll likely be 38 by the time it takes place.  At 38, a lazy champion isn't likely to "kill" anyone.

Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Lewis needs to fight Jones, Jr first. [bounce]
Klitschko can wait for the winner of that one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:27:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I saw the fight.  It was one of the better ones I've seen.  That cut was amazing.  It looked like he had another eyelid flapping down into his eye.

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If Lewis grants a rematch - and it wouldn't surprise me if he [b]didn't[/b] - he'll likely be 38 by the time it takes place.  At 38, a lazy champion isn't likely to "kill" anyone.

Just my two cents.
View Quote

If he agrees to a rematch, and I agree that he probably won't, he will no longer be lazy.

This happened with Rakman.  He got lazy, out of shape, and full of himself.  He then got his butt kicked, and trained his ass of for the rematch.  In the rematch, Lewis dominated and was able to use skill to keep Rakman from landing a major punch.  When Lewis is out of shape he gets frustrated, can't stick to his training, and basically does himself in be giving his opponent openings to attack his weak jaw.

Lewis is still young enough to be at least at 95% of what he was physically when he became champion if he trains hard enough.  And as far as actual boxing skill, there is no equal to Lewis.  Although I don't like him as the HW Champion, I will say that he is impossible to beat when he is in shape due to his skill.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Just my two cents.
View Quote

[b]Gunman0[/b]

If he agrees to a rematch, and I agree that he probably won't, he will no longer be lazy.

This happened with Rakman.  He got lazy, out of shape, and full of himself.  He then got his butt kicked, and trained his ass of for the rematch.  In the rematch, Lewis dominated and was able to use skill to keep Rakman from landing a major punch.  When Lewis is out of shape he gets frustrated, can't stick to his training, and basically does himself in be giving his opponent openings to attack his weak jaw.

Lewis is still young enough to be at least at 95% of what he was physically when he became champion if he trains hard enough.  And as far as actual boxing skill, there is no equal to Lewis.  Although I don't like him as the HW Champion, I will say that he is impossible to beat when he is in shape due to his skill.
View Quote

A man who knows boxing!

The ruskie's skill level is poor at best
any decent heavyweight would have taken advantage of Lewis taking this fight with 10 days notice and not training

His brother Vladimir is better than him , and he sux too
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:17:54 AM EDT
[#40]
[/quote]A man who knows boxing!

any decent heavyweight would have taken advantage of Lewis taking this fight with 10 days notice and not training

His brother Vladimir is better than him , and he sux too[/quote]

Wait a minute!

Lewis did NOT take this fight on 10 days notice! He claimed he only had one week of training for the fight, which is total BS.  He was scheduled to fight Curt Johnson(sp) that night, and he was in training for 10 weeks.  Two weeks prior to this fight Johnson detached his bicep in training and backed out. The night that the injury occurred to Johnson I saw an interview with Lewis, and he told the interviewer that he had been training for 8 weeks already and he was in the best shape of his life.  He said his camp was finalizing talks with Klitschko's camp and that would probably be who he fought.

When you look at all of the facts, Klitschko is the boxer who had short notice that he would be fighting that night, not Lewis.  If you only hear Lewis' side of the story that is definitely what you would believe.  I swear the guy is a pathological liar.

I'm not arguing the point that Klitschko's style is very akward looking, but I think he should be given credit where it is due, and he whooped Lewis' ass when Lewis claimed he was in the best shape of his life.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:40:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Just my two cents.
View Quote

View Quote

I appreciate your opinion, but I don't agree with you.  The difference between Rahman and Klitschko are numerous.  In the Rahman bout, an out-of-shape Lewis was defeated by a determined (and perhaps lucky) challenger of lesser true skill.  

[b]In my opinon[/b] (and of course, that's all it is), this is not the case with Vitali Klitschko.  In this bout, an out-of-shape Lewis fought a younger, tougher, better fighter.  Lewis lacks motivation, and will continue this slide.  Vitali Klitschko will continue to improve.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:42:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Just my two cents.
View Quote

[b]Gunman0[/b]

View Quote

A man who knows boxing!

View Quote

Is this to imply that only those who support Lewis "know boxing"?  

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:50:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A man who knows boxing!

View Quote

Wait a minute!

Lewis did NOT take this fight on 10 days notice! He claimed he only had one week of training for the fight, which is total BS.  He was scheduled to fight Curt Johnson(sp) that night, and he was in training for 10 weeks.  Two weeks prior to this fight Johnson detached his bicep in training and backed out. The night that the injury occurred to Johnson I saw an interview with Lewis, and he told the interviewer that he had been training for 8 weeks already and he was in the best shape of his life.  He said his camp was finalizing talks with Klitschko's camp and that would probably be who he fought.

When you look at all of the facts, Klitschko is the boxer who had short notice that he would be fighting that night, not Lewis.  If you only hear Lewis' side of the story that is definitely what you would believe.  I swear the guy is a pathological liar.

I'm not arguing the point that Klitschko's style is very akward looking, but I think he should be given credit where it is due, and he whooped Lewis' ass when Lewis claimed he was in the best shape of his life.
View Quote

Not entirely true.  Yes, Lewis had been preparing to fight someone else that night, but so had Klitchko.  Klitchko was scheduled to be the undercard that night, and only got moved up when Johnson got hurt.

I really only wanted the white guy to win because I thought he'd be more of a fighting champion.  Lewis taking a year to fight after Tyson is bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Thanks Norman74.

I had heard someone mention another fight Vitali was supposed to have, but I hadn't heard that it was the undercard for that night.

I stand corrected.

Klitschko did whip the snot outta Lewis though, didn't he?

I only hope (doubtful though) that Lewis will give a rematch.  What a fight that will be!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#45]
IF........IF.......IF.........IF a frog had wings it would not bump its ass when it hopped.
LOL. Lewis got the "W". Who gives a shit if Klitschko was a better boxer. When two guys fight and one guy opens up the Grand Canyon on the other guys face causing the doctor to stop the fight.....Its a win....fair and square.
Lewis is always slow and that will not change.
Lewis took all kinds of hard punches and did not go down. Neither one of them had much more to give anyway. It would have been a bloody wrestling match for the rest of the fight.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#46]
if Lewis would have came in prepared and motivated like he did against Tyson, he would have killed Klitscho
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I was always a Lewis fan in the past, prior to this fight.  I never cared for the 'tude, but the SOB can fight!

However, given his apparent lackluster training for this fight, and his on-again off-again training regimen I'm not sure HE is the type of fighter who can continue to be the undisputed champion into his late 30's and early 40's.

I'm sorry, but I consider Holyfield to have been a far,far better boxer than Lewis.  I'm talking at equal ages, etc. not head to head.

I think Lewis has done so well in his career because 1) early on he had excellent training and talent, and 2) recently, even though he's gotten lazy, there does not currently exist any other caliber heavyweights.  Klitschko is the best of the contenders, pure and simple.  If he is not able to beat Lewis in a rematch, Lewis will remain champ until he retires or a newcomer enters the ranks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was always a Lewis fan in the past, prior to this fight.  I never cared for the 'tude, but the SOB can fight!

However, given his apparent lackluster training for this fight, and his on-again off-again training regimen I'm not sure HE is the type of fighter who can continue to be the undisputed champion into his late 30's and early 40's.

I'm sorry, but I consider Holyfield to have been a far,far better boxer than Lewis.  I'm talking at equal ages, etc. not head to head.

I think Lewis has done so well in his career because 1) early on he had excellent training and talent, and 2) recently, even though he's gotten lazy, there does not currently exist any other caliber heavyweights.  Klitschko is the best of the contenders, pure and simple.  If he is not able to beat Lewis in a rematch, Lewis will remain champ until he retires or a newcomer enters the ranks.
View Quote

Lewis was definitely not in his best condition. I think he was a bit surprised by Klitschkos aggressiveness. He was training for a lesser fighter with a different style. I wonder if Manny had him training for that style or if he was just lazy. I did hear that he was doing a bunch of appearances during the last couple  weeks of training camp. Who knows, but the rematch will be interesting. I am even more pumped at the prospect of Lewis vs. RJ jr. RJ has amazing speed and skill. That will really throw Lewis off [lol]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Roy Jones Jr is awesome.  I enjoy watching RJJ and De la Hoya fights more than any others.

I know all the talk is whether or not Jones will take the step to full heavyweight status.  I just don't know.  He is my favorite active boxer, hands down, but I don't know if he can defeat that reach advantage from Lewis.  Jones is fast, but a jab from Lewis has gotta have equal power to the reverse of most Lt. heavyweights.  I would enjoy watching either way.  And I would definitely be cheering for Roy Jones Jr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top