Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 3:33:27 PM EDT
As if the government, and the Post Office too, don't do enough stupid things, now they want to commemorate "the Muslim holiday!"

What the hell are they thinking?  My wife told her coworkers (about 20 of them) about this stamp the post office has come up with.  What did they say?  "So, what is wrong with that?"

Personally I hope the Muslim bastards burn in hell.  "It's not our place to judge, but maybe we can get them through the process a little bit faster."

[url]http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/display_products/productDetail.jsp?OID=2689760&BV_UseBVCookie=yes[/url]

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Issue: EID

Type of Issue: Commemorative

Denomination: $0.37

Issue Date: [red]10/10/2002[/red]

Category: Commemoratives

Format: Pane of 20

Gum Type: Self-Adhesive

Item #: 563640

Price: $7.40
View Quote

Why didn't they just release it a month earlier, on the 9-11 anniversary?

Now I've seen it all.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]
take my comment for what its worth..but as soon as they hand me the muslim stamps, im giving them right back and ask for the USA ones.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys, real Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11. They were extremists that used religion as a mask for their political goals. Those people aren't Muslim. Don't lump everyone into the same catagory. OBL is an Islamic EXTREMIST. That is pretty much like taking a religion and perverting it to mean what you want it to mean. Not to scare anyone, but Islam is strikingly similar to Christianity in it's fundamental beliefs. I was taking an eastern religion course at my college at the same moment 9/11 happened. It made for some interesting discussion. My teacher very clearly differentiated between the two. It's not complicated at all. Any questions about specifics you have I would be happy to try and answer.
Edited to add, I would prefer a USA stamp too. How about one of our founding fathers on a stamp? (sigh...too sexist, Kalifornistan would be angry)[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
That is what you can expect from Government Diversity Training.

The assh*** that came up with it probably got a soar award= $$$$$

I e-mailed the bastards a nasty note for what little good it will do.

God help us if these Liberal bastards get back in office.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guys, real Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11. They were extremists that used religion as a mask for their political goals. Those people aren't Muslim. Don't lump everyone into the same catagory. OBL is an Islamic EXTREMIST. That is pretty much like taking a religion and perverting it to mean what you want it to mean. Not to scare anyone, but Islam is strikingly similar to Christianity in it's fundamental beliefs. I was taking an eastern religion course at my college at the same moment 9/11 happened. It made for some interesting discussion. My teacher very clearly differentiated between the two. It's not complicated at all. Any questions about specifics you have I would be happy to try and answer.
Edited to add, I would prefer a USA stamp too. How about one of our founding fathers on a stamp? (sigh...too sexist, Kalifornistan would be angry)[rolleyes]
View Quote

Yea right.

You could tell how upset the Muslims were by their silence.

"I was taking an eastern religion course at my college at the same moment 9/11 happened. It made for some interesting discussion. My teacher very clearly differentiated between the two."

"made for some interesting discussion"

I bet it did.

There are two kinds of muslims, Live ones and you fill in the word as per your Diversity and Tolerance.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top