BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/25/2016 9:34:18 AM EDT
Age 18 or older
Voter ID card required
Must be a real property owner
  real property definition:  0.5 acre or more of land, condominium, house, multi family building, building
  a person or persons holding a mortgage in good standing on a property qualify
  if married or other, both names must appear on the mortgage/deed/paper work to be able to vote [if your wife wants to vote her name must be on the mortgage or deed]
  LLC's, trusts, partnerships are not eligible - being party to a trust, partnership, or LLC does not count
  cars, pickups, RV's, motorhomes, trucks, etc. do not qualify as real property for the purposes stated here
The above property qualifications can be waived if the person is a honorably discharged service member or current serving service member.

For state level and below elections, the current qualifications will apply.
If you are not a property owner or service member, you can still vote in local and state elections.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:39:50 AM EDT
[#1]
What does it matter when the establishment just pushes their puppet candidates on the people any way?  We get what they decided to give us and they will never let that change.  I like your idea but it is about 100 years too late to be implemented.

In the 1990s Hillary wanted HillaryCare but couldn't jam it through.  The Republicans took over and 20 Republicans co-signed a bill pushing for an individual insurance mandate.  That didn't happen, so GW created Medicare Part D.  Then Obama comes in merges HillaryCare and the Republican mandate.  No matter who was in charge they were all pushing a similar agenda as instructed by the establishment.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#2]
How about just pass an 8th grade Civics test. That's it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't own property while serving in the Marines overseas.  

And I damn sure think I earned the right to vote.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]
id be happy if we could just require a picture id, and voter registration.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm fine with ID only.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
real property definition: 0.5 acre or more of land, condominium, house, multi family building, building
View Quote

fuck your definition. I own exactly .49 acres
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

See the provision for service members currently serving or honorably discharged
I agree with you
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#8]
18 years or older
No blue ink on the left index finger.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah that seems easy
my thought is that this would eliminate the takers from the election process.
if you want to vote, then you need "skin in the game" to quote someone.
if you owned property you could vote for your Congress persons and for the President
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd be happy if they just required voters to be legal citizens and living.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Age 18 or older - ok
Voter ID card requiredwaycist
  real property definition:  0.5 acre or more of land, condominium, house, multi family building, building soros can buy 20,000 acres, split it into .5 acre lots, and get 40,000 votes
  a person or persons holding a mortgage in good standing on a property qualify house paid cash, what now, what if i have a bad standing mortgage for 20k and own a 200k house?  who decides this? the government or the crooked banks?   Bank owners can put conservatives on bad standing a week before the elections
if married or other, both names must appear on the mortgage/deed/paper work to be able to vote [if your wife wants to vote her name must be on the mortgage or deed]yeah uh no.   millions of reasons why you wouldn't want both people being on the same property ownership, many of them being for purchasing power, portfolio diversity, etc.  Good luck convincing the courts the other spouse doesn't have ownership... under state laws even if the spouse isn't listed, they still have rightful ownership, varies by state
  LLC's, trusts, partnerships are not eligible - being party to a trust, partnership, or LLC does not count good luck with telling the court a legal living trust owning real estate isn't a legal ownership
  cars, pickups, RV's, motorhomes, trucks, etc. do not qualify as real property for the purposes stated hereSo a million dollar yacht that is' considered by the government to be a home for tax purposes isn't eligible but joe bob on his $1,500 trailer that he paid no tax on on a postage stamp lot is? lol
The above property qualifications can be waived if the person is a honorably discharged service member or current serving service member.

If you are not a property owner or service member, you can still vote in local and state elections.
View Quote

Might just as well change it and say +1m plus in checking account to vote.   Because that's what this is reading as.

All we need is voter verification.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:49:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What does it matter when the establishment just pushes their puppet candidates on the people any way?  We get what they decided to give us and they will never let that change.  I like your idea but it is about 100 years too late to be implemented.

In the 1990s Hillary wanted HillaryCare but couldn't jam it through.  The Republicans took over and 20 Republicans co-signed a bill pushing for an individual insurance mandate.  That didn't happen, so GW created Medicare Part D.  Then Obama comes in merges HillaryCare and the Republican mandate.  No matter who was in charge they were all pushing a similar agenda as instructed by the establishment.
View Quote

You are probably right about the implementation.  It is probably way to late.  Too many generations of takers already.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know you meant "shall".
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Voter ID for registration and voting is what is needed.

Hell I'm renting right now and with your requirements I wouldn't be eligible to vote.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Ok
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Repeal the 26th Amendment and give the voting age requirement back to the states.  Let the states vote to push it back up to 21-23 instead of blanket-nationwide spreading The Vote to the ignorant, emotional, easily-swayed 18-20 year olds.

and for the mewling Emos who say, "but but but, how can you let a guy enlist to fight their country at 18 and not let them vote?", I say we should reconsider letting 18-20yo people enlist.  There, I said it.  Would reduce (not eliminate, but dramatically reduce) disciplinary issues caused by younger demonstrably-immature people in uniform.  Don't pull the "but we draft 18yos!" bullshit either.  If you believe conscription is Constitutional in USA (which I do not, especially in light of the 13th Amendment), then don't conscript 18-20 year olds.  We didn't conscript them for decades in the USA; it's a relatively recent phenomenon.  And don't pull the "but what will 18-20yo people DO between age 18 and age 21 if they cannot enlist and pull themselves out of poverty etc.?" card.  Last time I checked, the US military was supposed to be the violence-exporting arm of the Federal government, not a goddamn jobs program.

But I don't understand this sick fascination with "gotta own a house to vote!!"  What about owning a house RIGHT NOW makes a person suddenly intelligent, wise, and dutiful enough to cast a vote?  There are plenty of retards with a mortgage, lemme tell you.  And there are plenty of intelligent, wise, dutiful citizens who are between houses at voter registration time or election day due to job moves, divorce, etc.  Do we fuck them over in favor of Shaniqua or Jose who "qualified" for a NINJA loan?

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You are probably right about the implementation.  It is probably way to late.  Too many generations of takers already.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You would have to go back to the women's suffrage movement and implement a whole set of conditions at that time.  Considering there were no computers and photos were still rare, it would be hard to justify some of the requirements.  

Ink on a finger should be a requirement, of course with early voting now it gives people time to remove it and drive somewhere else.  So I would go with, you must leave a fingerprint by the voter registration name when you sign it.  Lot's of people would oppose that as "the government has my prints and is tracking me" though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#18]
You made it too complicated.

Must not get back more from the government than they pay in

Solved all the countries problems
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Realistically I'd be happy with picture ID and facial recognition at polling locations in places where ID isn't allowed.

Pie in the sky wish:  No one on welfare gets a vote.  If you can't take care of yourself/family you shouldn't get a voice in how the nation is run.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You made it too complicated.

Must not get back more from the government than they pay in

Solved all the countries problems
View Quote

And just made the military ineligible to vote.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

yeah that seems easy
if you owned property you could vote for your Congress persons and for the President
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah that seems easy

Owning property doesn't somehow negate you from being a taker. That's an arbitrary definition.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:03:59 AM EDT
[#22]
simply having a voter ID would fix most problems. It's asinine I have to show my ID to use a credit card half the time and to buy liquor, but to vote I don't have to.

Also, for good measure, anybody who actually pays a net amount of taxes instead of people who take more than they pay in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.  Being a property owner should have nothing to do with it.

I guarantee if someone is renting they are paying the "property owner's" property taxes.

As long as you are a legal citizen of age that is good enough to me.

Just because we don't agree with how someone else votes doesn't mean we should be able to take away their right to vote.

OP: I see you are from NE and that makes me
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:07:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

yeah that seems easy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah that seems easy

So because I choose to rent, my opinion doesn't matter at all? I'd wager I pay more taxes than a large portion of homeowners that fit your definition, yet that's not "skin in the game"? Some of y'all need to think instead of parroting stuff you heard/read elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Might just as well change it and say +1m plus in checking account to vote.   Because that's what this is reading as.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Age 18 or older - ok
Voter ID card requiredwaycist
  real property definition:  0.5 acre or more of land, condominium, house, multi family building, building soros can buy 20,000 acres, split it into .5 acre lots, and get 40,000 votes
  a person or persons holding a mortgage in good standing on a property qualify house paid cash, what now, what if i have a bad standing mortgage for 20k and own a 200k house?  who decides this? the government or the crooked banks?   Bank owners can put conservatives on bad standing a week before the elections
if married or other, both names must appear on the mortgage/deed/paper work to be able to vote [if your wife wants to vote her name must be on the mortgage or deed]yeah uh no.   millions of reasons why you wouldn't want both people being on the same property ownership, many of them being for purchasing power, portfolio diversity, etc.  Good luck convincing the courts the other spouse doesn't have ownership... under state laws even if the spouse isn't listed, they still have rightful ownership, varies by state
  LLC's, trusts, partnerships are not eligible - being party to a trust, partnership, or LLC does not count good luck with telling the court a legal living trust owning real estate isn't a legal ownership
  cars, pickups, RV's, motorhomes, trucks, etc. do not qualify as real property for the purposes stated hereSo a million dollar yacht that is' considered by the government to be a home for tax purposes isn't eligible but joe bob on his $1,500 trailer that he paid no tax on on a postage stamp lot is? lol

Thanks for the reasoning.  All would need to be addressed.  Because what I have come up with is not perfect.
waycist - what other country allows non-citizens to vote in their elections?  There is nothing racist about this.  US citizens should be voting in elections.

Good point about purchasing the land.  If the new 20,000 voters have their name on the paperwork and they are paying taxes, not sure what could be done.  Raise the amount to be owned?

I meant mortgage in good standing to mean up to date.  I suppose there could be some unscrupulous bankers that could cause problems here

I know there are reasons to keep both names off of certain documents.  What means more purchasing power or being able to vote.  A choice to be made.

Yes, the LLC, partnership, Trust can be legal owners of property.  I want to exclude them because they are legal instruments not persons and to avoid the circumstance of say a trust with multiple trustees.  I am not challenging the legality of a Living Trust having legal ownership of property.

Yes, a million dollar yacht would be excluded.  Maybe some provision to exclude homes not on permanent foundations.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I did
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hell I'm renting right now and with your requirements I wouldn't be eligible to vote.
View Quote

At the federal level, that is correct.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everyone takes the full naturalization exam at 18, and every 10 years thereafter.  No pass, no vote.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I agree with you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you

Um, no.   I earned it forever,  whether I rent,  own,  or am homeless.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree that is should be based on the ability to understand why is being voted on. but I think the requirements should be far more advanced than 8th grade civics.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#32]
How about we don't go by that version of old English law? Not everyone is a home or land owner or serves in the military.

18 years old, U.S. CITIZEN verified by ID works for me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#34]
how do you equate owning property to serving your country?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I agree that is should be based on the ability to understand why is being voted on. but I think the requirements should be far more advanced than 8th grade civics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would wager that 60% of the country would fail even that basic of a test.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tend to agree, but the problem arises in who administers the test and how full of their ideology they stuff it.

That is before we even get into "do we test plain language of the Constitution, or do we test on SCOTUS/scholarly/popular interpretations of the Constitution?"

I would like to see a bare-bones comprehensive exam of "what are the words of The Fourth Amendment?"  "What are the specifically enumerated powers of Congress listed in Article I?"  No interpretation, no what-does-it-mean, just "what the hell is the plain language?"  Make it multiple choice for all I care.  The point is to get people to READ the damn Constitution.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#37]
My Version:
1. 18 years old
2. Valid ID from a state that required proof of citizenship to obtain
3. "Voter Qualification Card" - Provided by the IRS after your tax return is filed, the only condition being that you did not have a negative tax burden that year.  i.e. you paid more than you received.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#38]
served in the military,   or own a home, or have a job,  or retired  , take a civics test
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#39]
voter ID and not on Welfare would be a good start
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Boy, theres a lot of 18 year olds that are land owners or have a mortgage.......
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I agree with you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you

Marines have trouble reading. Thanks for helping him out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:39:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Good call.

As an apartment-dweller, I certainly shouldn't have the right to vote.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#43]
So you're okay with violating the constitution to prevent people you don't like from voting but you complain about gun laws?  Everyone gets a vote op, if you don't like it too bad.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Age 18 or older
Voter ID card required
  real property definition:  0.5 acre or more of land, condominium, house, multi family building, building
  a person or persons holding a mortgage in good standing on a property qualify
  if married or other, both names must appear on the mortgage/deed/paper work to be able to vote [if your wife wants to vote her name must be on the mortgage or deed]
  LLC's, trusts, partnerships are not eligible - being party to a trust, partnership, or LLC does not count
  cars, pickups, RV's, motorhomes, trucks, etc. do not qualify as real property for the purposes stated here

View Quote

No. I choose to live in an apartment because my job doesn't give me enough time to maintain property. How about we include a requirement to serve in either a military or public safety (fire/ police/ EMT) capacity in order to vote?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#45]
The property thing is silly...

I have never owned property...but I pay taxes and see that tank to the left.. I earned my right to vote by supporting both this great country and my local community (as  a Police Officer) In both cases I could not afford to buy a house or land...But lets say I was a dish washer and paid taxes you think I should not be able to vote?

How elitist of you.

Voting is a right.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#46]

Or we simply follow the Constitution and agree the population doesn't have a direct say in the election of the P/VP (Art. II, Sec. 1, & 12th Amendment)

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Treating the symptom and not the problem
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good call.

As an apartment-dweller, I certainly shouldn't have the right to vote.
View Quote

No shit... these "must own property" assholes are nearly as bad as the "no-ID needed" cunts.

The only needed requirement is to be a net tax payer.  That is the only "skin in the game" needed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#49]
What is so special about owning dirt?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:53:36 AM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't require land ownership.... probably a tax receipt for income taxes showing you've actually paid in, probably min $5k after any deductions in at least 1 out of the last 5 years.

After retirement, if you paid in more than 50% of your working years, you get to vote for the rest of your life.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top