Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 2:46:17 PM EDT
So I got to thinking today.  Coming home from the range, my brother (26 yrs old), my buddy (24) and I (32) got on the subject of mid-lfe crises (MLC).  It all started when my brother accused me of living a perpectual MLC.

Seeing as how I am not the stereotypical "go out and buy a corvette" guy but I do some spontaneous things.  I race cars, have an interesting part-time job, not married and was identified by my brother as one who would not have a MLC; but I am, rather, a "Change of Career Guy."  He said that by 40, I will be fed up with my chosen profession and go into something completely unrelated.  He is really on the money.  My part-time gig may turn into my full time dream job, but not for a few years yet.  Along with that, I am prime to pick up and leave my home area to move elsewhere.

We spend quite a bit of time together and he knows my plans and attitudes towards things but the exchange got me wondering...

What is the conventional wisdom about MLCs?  Who has had one and what did you do about it?  Is the label of "Mid Life Crisis" complete BS to dismiss men's odd behavior?  Can't really think of anyone who has had one.  Hmmmmmm.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If I'm understanding you correctly, I've been having a mid-life crises since I was discharged from the Military in '68. [:D]

I've had M/C's, or sports cars constantly, I've moved around a lot, and currently drive a Corvette!!

Life is good!!      [snoopy][snoopy]

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Seeing as how I am not the stereotypical "go out and buy a corvette" guy but I do some spontaneous things.  
View Quote

My Corvette:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=12789[/img]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]

An interesting part-time job? That sounds, um, interesting. [:D]

S-I
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top