Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 2:29:34 PM EDT
My GF and I were discussing movies las night  when Heat, one of my favorites, came up.  She said it was the only movie she left without finishing.

Any ideas?

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The movie is too long for most people. Most people are addicted to the non stop action that hoolywood feeds them.

My dad could not watch it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#4]
"Heat" sucks. The action scenes are awesome, but the movie sucks. Just like everything Michael Mann has ever done.
"Miami Vice" sucked, but it had cool cars, great music choreography, and and a couple of great shootout scenes.
"Band of the Hand" , uhh well,[puke]
"Last of the Mohicans", or "Mohican Vice" crappy, over blown ,over produced tripe. But some awesome [s]Revolutionary War[/s] French/Indian War battle scenes.(thx,PSYWAR1-0)
Always the same format.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
... I dunno why, but every time I'm surfing and come across [b]Heat[/b], I always stop there.

... Actually, I learn and understand just a little more each time I watch it.

... Every character is so authentic to me.

... That said, my last GF hated it as well. She hated me logging on to this site. She's not around any longer.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"Miami Vice" sucked, but it had cool cars, great music choreography, and and a couple of great shootout scenes.
View Quote

What I liked about Miami Vice was Uncle TED kicked Sonnys ass and blew his car slam the fuck up....and there was Glenn Fry in the hanger gittin down on the guitar.....both way cool scenes....jmo
not ment to jack the thread I love Heat as much as the next guy but its about 30 min to long...and not enuff gunfire it needed some good T&A in it..
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Michael Mann directing.
Pacino
DeNiro
Killmore
Sizemore
Voight

Automatic weapons.

If that isnt a combination for one of the greatest movies of all time I dont know what is.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What I liked about Miami Vice was Uncle TED kicked Sonnys ass and blew his car slam the fuck up..
View Quote

who is uncle ted?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:04:05 PM EDT
[#9]
. . . I love the SOUNDs of centerfire rifles echoing through Downtown L.A.

I should rip just the shoot out scene as an Mp3...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What I liked about Miami Vice was Uncle TED kicked Sonnys ass and blew his car slam the fuck up..
View Quote

who is uncle ted?
View Quote

A SWAG but I'd say "Uncle Ted" could be Nugent.  
After checking [url]www.imdb.com[/url] I see that Ted Nugent was in episode #2.13
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Nuge was in Miami vice?

cool I wonder why?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#12]
How gives a hoot about De Niro, Sizemore, and Voight?  This movie has Ashley Judd, weapons, Ashley Judd, great shootouts, and Ashley Judd.

Oh, did I mention Ashley Judd?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nuge was in Miami vice?

cool I wonder why?
View Quote

Probably for the same reasons Bruce Willis and Phil Collins were on it.

Probably the best show of the 80s.

nosack may not have liked it but it was still way better than Dynasty and all the other bullshit people were watching in the 80s.

And the one with Bruce Willis as the arms dealer was fucking awesome. M60 in the back of the van and squirrly dealers in a deal gone bad. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#14]
... It's TNT I believe still play [b]Miami Vice[/b] reruns. Every now and then I'll catch an episode. Takes me back.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I love HEAT, all of it although I do understand some parts are a bit slow for alot of people.  But if you're into it the characters are perfect, the actors great, and of course the shootouts are entertaining even after the 50th viewing.  One of my favorite movies all around, not just a good shootout...

But Magnum P.I. was definitely the best show of the 80s, Miami Vice lags well behind...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Heat is not one of my favorite movies.  Great shootout scenes, concur on the Ashly Judd, but I freakin hate Pacino and that whole story line with his wife and kid.  Whole thing could have been left on the editing room floor.

That said, I loved Miami Vice, especially the first couple years as the show had a really dark feel to it.  I also liked Mann's version of Red Dragon, Manhunter.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Heat is not one of my favorite movies.  Great shootout scenes, .. but I freakin hate Pacino and that whole story line with his wife and kid.  Whole thing could have been left on the editing room floor.

View Quote

that about sums it up
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]
...But Magnum P.I. was definitely the best show of the 80s, Miami Vice lags well behind...
View Quote

Finally a true believer!  Come to gunstock my man and the first beer is on me!  Probably the second as well...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
"Last of the Mohicans", or "Mohican Vice" crappy, over blown ,over produced tripe. But some awesome Revolutionary War battle scenes.
Always the same format.
View Quote

Um LOTM is set in the French and Indian War, not the Rev War that happened later.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep, i love me some ashley j. as well plus the ar's and im in heaven,,,,But every time i see that 3pound growth on Val's elbow i think im going to hack[puke].................UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#21]
na, the best scene is when he comes home to a guy "ballin" his wife and yells at him about watchin his TV...
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:17:39 AM EDT
[#22]
I loved that whole movie.  Everything about it, from the first time I saw it in the theatres winter 1995/1996.  Had dinner with the guy who played "TV man", the homeless guy who witnessed the first score, 3 months later. Christian biker dude.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I would agree that Magnum was the best show followed closely by Simon and Simon.

BTW my GF has too many good qualities to dump.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey, don't forget The Fall Guy.

Oh yeah, Heat rules.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:25:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nuge was in Miami vice?

cool I wonder why?
View Quote

Probably for the same reasons Bruce Willis and Phil Collins were on it.

Probably the best show of the 80s.

nosack may not have liked it but it was still way better than Dynasty and all the other bullshit people were watching in the 80s.

And the one with Bruce Willis as the arms dealer was fucking awesome. M60 in the back of the van and squirrly dealers in a deal gone bad. [:D]
View Quote

Oh, I love "Miami Vice", then and now, and I watched "Heat" again early this morning, but its still pretentious crap.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#26]
While I was entertained by "Miami Vice," I'd skip it to watch "Magnum, PI" in a heartbeat.

BTW, I know a guy who was one of the stars of "Miami Vice." He lives a few miles from me. He also starred in "First Blood."

Kind of a loud mouth, but other than that he's a good guy. Verrrry conservative.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Michael Mann directing.
Pacino
DeNiro
Killmore
Sizemore
Voight

Automatic weapons.

If that isnt a combination for one of the greatest movies of all time I dont know what is.
View Quote

No kidding!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top