Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2003 9:51:00 AM EDT
I was told I was going to be asked questions??

so Marijuana isn't a problem because I have never touched the stuff but will they ask about Drinking? should I be honest? I'm 20 so legally I shouldn't be.

what other questions to be prepared for? i don't want a stupid thing to come back and get me.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Be straight up with them. If you don't, it can come back and bite you.  I have known a few guys kicked out for lying on the security questionnaire. They will ask if you have ever belonged to certain organizations, many of which you may have never heard of, etc.  The Army realizes that teens do underage drinking. They worry about gambling debts/indebtedness, and other things which could be used to blackmail you into giving up secrets.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Be totally honest.  If you are going for a job in which you are required a high security clearance, they will find out anyway.  The NSA contacted some of my neighbors and all my high school teachers, as well as a few others.  If you are going for something requiring a lower security clearance, then I am pretty sure you haven't done anything to worry about it any way.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Be completely honest on it. Do not omit anything. Put down all tickets, and if you have ever been taken into custody, even if you were released with no charges filed. If there is a record anywhere, they will find it. You will have to put down any time you were out side the country, and why. If you have ever visited a com-bloc country, you will really be asked a lot of questions. If you have any relatives that are in another country.

It can get pretty detailed depending on the classified information you will need access to.

This is the one time that you can truly say "Honesty is the best policy"

dave
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
answer all the questions honestly until they kick you out. then back up one.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't been arrested and haven't used any drugs or anything like that so I don't think I will run into any problems.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:24:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#8]
The penalties are [u]Federal[/u]; the penalty for lying on a security questionaire is 5 years minimum, and it ain't at Club Med.

Underage drinking ain't a problem, and I don't remember being asked about it, but alcoholism is a problem if unreported.

Just tell the truth, and stop worrying about it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you adjust the level of your honesty to fit various situations?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top