Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2003 7:49:42 AM EDT
I'd like to share with you all a little lesson i learned lastnight about friends,guns,lights, and doors getting kicked in.
The family left yesterday to visit some family in another city and are gone until today. There are two back doors to my house one i never enter or leave the house from, the other is the only door in the house I use. I came home last night around 10:30 dog tired after a 12 hour shift and than working out, than going to a local festival for a few hours. I had to be back to work at 07:00 today. So about 0100 i hear what sounds like someone comming down the stairs to the basement where my bedroom is. Odd since i'm the only one home. Than i hear what sounds like someone messing with the door knob, so i slide my arm over and grab my beretta with an an M6, suddenly there is a crashing noise very loud and it's unmistakable the doors been kicked in. It's dark down in the basement but i can  vaugley make out the outlines of two persons, I have the gun up ready for whatever might happen, point it at the outline closest to me, I swith on the M6 and and there in the middle of the room with a red dot on his chest telling me to turn the damn light off is my best friend. His cousin is with him, he was the second outline. They thought this was my weekend off and came to "kidnap" me to the bars in Chicago. So the lesson learned from this, lights on guns to identify a potential target in the dark are damn good things. That and never fuck around in the middle of the night with a friend who you know owns guns. Check every door in the house to make sure it's locked before you go to bed, even though you never use them. Oh and dogs don't bark at people they know and like, at least not our dog.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So the lesson learned from this, lights on guns to identify a potential target in the dark are damn good things. [red]That and never fuck around in the middle of the night with a friend who you know owns guns.[/red] Check every door in the house to make sure it's locked before you go to bed, even though you never use them. Oh and dogs don't bark at people they know and like, at least not our dog.
View Quote

What a bunch of dumbfucking STUPID morons these two are. [stick] [chair]

I'd a kicked the shit out these "friends" for breaking into your house, damaging property (door) and putting you into a position where you could have EASILY killed them. [;D]

Good to hear you didn't kill two of your friends and that you didn't have to face possible manslaughter charges and that you won't be spending the rest of your life second-guessing yourself and blaming yourself for the death of these two dumbasses and that you didn't become yet another statistic for the antis.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't understand why they kicked the door in. If it was locked, they have no business opening it, and if it wasn't locked they F'd up your door for no reason.
I agree a light is mandatory on any home defense gun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#3]
i was pissed as hell at them, i still am and i let them know it last night. there was no damage to the door, they operned it so they wouldn't break it when they kicked it. a few nights ago someone tried breaking into my car in the drive way sometime monday night or tuesday morning. so i was thinking that it might have been whoever tried breaking into the car deciding they wanted to see what was in the house. i'm going to keep giving them shit for a long time. But this did make me realise that a good weapon light is important, because if i didn't have that light I don't know what would have happened.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice discipline, photoman.  There is no substitute for a good weapon light.  I love the M6 on my Glock 19.  I hear a bump in the night, M6 goes on and slide gets raked.

Some people might say a laser sight is useless, but when you're shaking off sleep and manuevering the irregular space of a house, it's nice to have something you can lay on target quick.  You never know what kind of awkward position you may have to shoot from.  I'd rather have rounds on target than a textbook posture any day.

And yes, I would kick my friends' asses.  All of mine know I'm well armed and should know better.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't understand why they kicked the door in. If it was locked, they have no business opening it, and if it wasn't locked they F'd up your door for no reason.
I agree a light is mandatory on any home defense gun.
View Quote

The door the came in the house through was not locked. My mom locked all the doors but the one that leads directly to the family room from outside, why i don't know. The door into the basement at the bottom of the stairs does not lock the one at the top leading outside was locked, so they opened it a crack(the downstairs door) than kicked it. They just did it to fuck with me. Why i don't understand myself. I asked them why the hell they would do that knowing that i sleep with a gun within reach of me and they both said they thought i was just messing around when i said that, I guess they know now that it wasn't a joke.

edited to clarify the doors.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#6]
fizassist- I have an M6 on the Beretta and on my AR, I love those things. When I pick up my usp compact in the next month or so I'll put one on that too. I don't know if you guys do or not but if i'm home alone ther are times where i will break out the AR or the shotgun or one of the hand guns and practice working my way through the house. That way I know the corners, the angles, which stairs squeak, where the squeaks in the floors are at. In general where to and not to step.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Two-foot muzzleflashes provide plenty of illumination.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Dude, find a new friend; hanging with stupid people will lower your IQ. The guy didn't manage to kill himself that time thanks to you.

But, thank you for sharing the story; it doesn't hurt to be reminded how dumb people can be.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Two-foot muzzleflashes provide plenty of illumination.
View Quote

Yeah, but then you need a 6.5" bbl and beta mag or two for good area lighting.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:53:43 AM EDT
[#10]
A bushie y-comp will light up an area pretty damn well too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:07:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I got streamlights on most of my guns. Worth every penny. Nail someone with a "momentary" and you have fucked their night vision for good for the next 1/2 hour.

These are great for all kinds of stuff.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A bushie y-comp will light up an area pretty damn well too.
View Quote

My bushie with no comp might singe the bastages a lil [ROFL]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds supicious.

Are you sure your "friends" knew you were home and not off with the rest of your family?

They may have been surprised as hell to find you there!

The only times I've had guns stolen it was buy "friends" or people friends have run off at the mouth to.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sounds supicious.

Are you sure your "friends" knew you were home and not off with the rest of your family?

They may have been surprised as hell to find you there!

The only times I've had guns stolen it was buy "friends" or people friends have run off at the mouth to.
View Quote

Yah they knew i was home his sister was the one that dropped me off at home. She told them were i was. he was supposed to come to the fest with us but didn't get down here til after we left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top