Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2001 3:25:01 PM EDT
Someone whom I feel knows alot about 2nd Amend. told me this weekend that the makers of Cummins diesel engines(don't know if they are owned by another corp.) is one of the newest contributors to the anti gun movement. Has anyone else heard this. First time I had heard talk of it or am I way behind?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I was surprised too.  They were listed either on the NRA-ILA page or GOA's I can't remember which.  You'd think that most people who buy/use Cummins products would also own guns kinda strange huh?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If thats true screw cummins.  I'll buy a Ford with a Power Stroke.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The person that told me this is the son-in-law of Jack First who has a big gunshop and sells gun parts in Rapid City,SD. His wife helped start the Second Amendment Sisters Foundation in SD and is the chapter pres. in Rapid. I am sure they get all first hand info on this. We were talking about cebs such as Sean Connery and James Brolin being anti after making mucha bucks off gun related flicks and he brought up the Cummins deal. As he stated alot of truckers seem to be pro gun as they need to proect themselves on the road. He figured if they knew it might surprise Cummins on income. Sure wish the progun companies and celebrities would campaign a little harder the other(right) way.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear the new DuraMax that GM's using is supposed to be pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone got a link?
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I KNOW I read this myself on [url]http://www.nra-ila.org[/url] I was just as surprised but now I cant find it it was under research or fact sheets or something...who knows maybe they didn't like being blacklisted and converted.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it was under research, but I don't think it was listed on that particular site as it does'nt look like it's been updated in a while.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Id like to see the research on this topic...Its possible..Ford owns Cummins by the way so that means Ford is anti gun as well...as for the duramax...
[url]http://www.turbodieselregister.com/ubb//Forum17/HTML/002163.html[/url]
[url]www.turbodieselregister.com[/url]
My cummins with its 4:10 rear will flat out smoke any stock diesel out there...power strokes? there is a good reason Ford puts Cummins in their real trucks...:)
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My cummins with its 4:10 rear will flat out smoke any stock diesel out there...power strokes? there is a good reason Ford puts Cummins in their real trucks...:)
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top