Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 12:04:57 AM EDT
2 of my daughters just signed up for archery through 4H i need to buy a couple of starter bows for them. Is the Bear Brave a good bow to start out with or is something out there better for around the same price?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:06:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to be big into archery until I took an arrow to the knee.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Bowtech infinite edge for me daughter this year. About the same a bear?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:02:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bowtech infinite edge for me daughter this year. About the same a bear?
View Quote
That bow is 7-8 times the price of the Bear Brave and i wouldnt consider that a starter price.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:23:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Try to find a local shop and take them in. Kids grow so fast and have different strengths at different ages, so it can be a bitch just buying something off the shelf.

Also double check their eye dominance before you buy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:37:50 AM EDT
[#5]
If they might compete, I'd say take a look at the Genesis Original.  It's kid-friendly, available in a variety of colors, and the only bow NASP events allow.  It can be had a bit cheaper with the kit through Wal-Mart and some other retailers.  A few months ago, I volunteered at a state-level event with thousands in attendance and the only equipment issues I witnessed were arrow-related.  OTOH, if 4H has their own thing going, you might check with them for recommendations and rules.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If they might compete, I'd say take a look at the Genesis Original.  It's kid-friendly, available in a variety of colors, and the only bow NASP events allow.  It can be had a bit cheaper with the kit through Wal-Mart and some other retailers.  A few months ago, I volunteered at a state-level event with thousands in attendance and the only equipment issues I witnessed were arrow-related.  OTOH, if 4H has their own thing going, you might check with them for recommendations and rules.
View Quote
This is what I needed. I showed this bow to my daughters and they said that is the bow they used when they signed up for the classes.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top