Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/21/2016 11:37:15 PM EDT
I know I shouldn't smoke, it's bad, I'm funding leftists with my tax dollars, yadda yadda.

I got a nasty letter from my college tonight...

I'm 41, I grew up smoking in the church basement and McDonalds.  I should quit, but I'm not letting some limpwristed twit project his views onto me.

Please follow the campus policy that BlankSchool is a smoke-free campus.  I have received complaints that a few Environmental Health students are smoking near the greenhouse, building entrances and walkways to the campus.

Please realize that BlankSchool could lose its state daycare license, plants in the greenhouse are exhibiting tobacco mosaic virus which is incurable and transmitted via fomite cross-contamination as well as other environmental health related concerns.

You are allowed to smoke in your car.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
View Quote

A) I never smoke near the daycare, or when the little-crotchfruit are around I unass the area/hide it.
B) The fomite cross contamination, 30 feet from a greenhouse sounds like a complete fallacy.  That's the twit who is making the noise, I want to just beat his fucking ass, but I just smile  
C) what recourse do I have with these NAZI pot smoking leftards?

I avoid blowing it on people, or in thier walkway, I go out twards the parkinglot, and winter is coming.  I don't have a ton of time on "break" to go off to a far far away safe spot I know of.

Their school their rules?  Or can I fuck with them somehow?  ( P.S, I'll quit on my terms, not some twit's.)

Remember, I PAY to deal with this shit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think people should have to walk through my stinky cancer causing clouds of smoke, so I go in the parking lot and smoke there, as is the rule.

You're 41. Act like it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
like you said, "their school, their rules".   I don't have the vaguest notion on how the outside is set up. but, being a smoker myself,  I would find a place to smoke.

hey, it could be worse, they could be like the hospitals and have a no smoking on campus rule.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think people should have to walk through my stinky cancer causing clouds of smoke, so I go in the parking lot and smoke there, as is the rule.

You're 41. Act like it.
View Quote

I can see your point.  I don't drive everyday, (carpool with a buddy) I don't smoke where my smoke crosses their path.
What is going on is some asshole has a bug up his ass that "it's a non smoking campus" and I shouldn't smoke.  despite going away from people.

Where does that leave me?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
like you said, "their school, their rules".   I don't have the vaguest notion on how the outside is set up. but, being a smoker myself,  I would find a place to smoke.

hey, it could be worse, they could be like the hospitals and have a no smoking on campus rule.
View Quote

True, I'm anything but a "student activist", what I'd like to get is a smoking room, (they'll tell me get fucked) or a yellow square with an ashtray. ( my how far we've fallen).

It just pisses me off that I've gone out of my way to avoid issues, and this one littl;e picklesmoocher is creating havok in my lousy smoke break.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
So is schools policy no smoking on campus or is this just some random person making up policies as they go?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:04:13 AM EDT
[#6]
dip snuff and spit on those plants
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I smoked for about 10 years.

like a fucking idiot

during that time, I walked outside for a smoke and did not force anyone else to inhale my 2nd hand smoke

know why?

because 2nd hand smoke stinks

grow up and act like an adult
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:06:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Take up chewing and spit Beechnut juice all over their sidewalks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So is schools policy no smoking on campus or is this just some random person making up policies as they go?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They have "tobacco free campus" signs on the doors, which I'm no where near.  It's one asshole, (maybe another who knows) squaking about it.  this is my 3rd semester there. I've not had an issue until now.

Quoted:

It's been 20 years... I might just run with that idea!  I think I still have a tin of cope in my toolbox...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You're 41. Act like it.
View Quote

37 here.

Parking lots are off limits.  Smokers have to go to the sidewalk on a particular street to smoke, and even then argue with campus security in a diesel utv that the sidewalk is city, not school property.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

37 here.

Parking lots are off limits.  Smokers have to go to the sidewalk on a particular street to smoke, and even then argue with campus security in a diesel utv that the sidewalk is city, not school property.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're 41. Act like it.

37 here.

If it's an inconvenience, I just choose not to smoke a cigarette.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're 41. Act like it.

37 here.

In free states, we expect to enjoy our tobacco anywhere we damn please.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Do what I did in high school. Find out where cameras are, and just walk out the closest door where there is limited camera access around the corner and smoke away.

For some reason when I was in school, there was a door in the senior locker area that had no cameras covering it outside, and was never locked during the day. You'd be hard pressed to find a cigarette butt out there, but it was common to find many people out there between classes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:23:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I never understood the criminalization of smokers.

"But, but, but, smoke! I have to smell it!" Boo fuckin' hoo.

I don't smoke. We have become a Nation of pussies.

Lol at the "freedom lovers"
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're 41. Act like it.

37 here.

Well expect in one hand and shit in the other...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:29:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
They have "tobacco free campus" signs on the doors, which I'm no where near.  It's one asshole, (maybe another who knows) squaking about it.  this is my 3rd semester there. I've not had an issue until now.
It's been 20 years... I might just run with that idea!  I think I still have a tin of cope in my toolbox...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can dip all day at work, spit in the trash cans.. but im not allowed to do the most disgusting habit ever.. smoke.   hahahafuckinhahahaha

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you ever become a non-smoker, after the first year you'll understand just how nauseous cigarette smoke is.  As far as the "freedom lovers" comment, that knife cuts both ways.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Go get yourself some chemotherapy so you can start dying now, rather than when the cancer kicks in later.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm 23 and I smoke, luckily where I work everyone else does too.

When I was In College the campus security would actually give students tickets for smoking in "smoke free areas." Literally a $25 ticket per offense.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If you ever become a non-smoker, after the first year you'll understand just how nauseous cigarette smoke is.  As far as the "freedom lovers" comment, that knife cuts both ways.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I did smoke from 14 until I was around 23.ETA: I'm 58 now. I don't like the smell but I'm not going to treat smokers like second class citizens.

You could always move to California, smoking is pretty much illegal everywhere, even in your apartment in some cities.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:45:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Sure would be nice to wage war on pussies for spewing their secondhand bullshit like they do on smokers.

Fomite cross-contamination? Go fuck yourself.

Eta: the tobacco mosaic virus really burns me. They honestly think that strands of RNA are not completely degraded when they undergo combustion?

Maybe their own shitty lab practices are what's contributing to their cross contamination.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:48:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Common courtesy is not a difficult concept to grasp. We all know this is not about smelling smoke, it's about doing away with undesirables.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:46:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Tobacco Safe Space Is across the street an option?
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:58:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can go somewhere to "hide" but it's a solid 7 minutes each way from class.  The other spot puts me 5+ minutes from the door.  in Wisconsin.  In winter.  When I've bothered no one but his view/ego for the last year and a half.  *fuck him*

Quoted:
Sure would be nice to wage war on pussies for spewing their secondhand bullshit like they do on smokers.

Fomite cross-contamination? Go fuck yourself.

Eta: the tobacco mosaic virus really burns me. They honestly think that strands of RNA are not completely degraded when they undergo combustion?

Maybe their own shitty lab practices are what's contributing to their cross contamination.

Exactly what I'm thinking, and why it burns me so.
Writing a letter to the Administration will just get me unwanted attention... I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing, wait for security to write me a $20.00 ticket and bitch from there, but their school their rules.

I just want to get even with this douchebag, and make him regret/think twice about screwing with other people.  I'd like to expose him for the fraud he is, and cause him to loose credibility.   The RNA bit was a good lead in.  

They want to dictate other's behavior which isn't affecting them, pisses me off.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:05:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know I shouldn't smoke, it's bad, I'm funding leftists with my tax dollars, yadda yadda.

I got a nasty letter from my college tonight...

I'm 41, I grew up smoking in the church basement and McDonalds.  I should quit, but I'm not letting some limpwristed twit project his views onto me.

Please follow the campus policy that BlankSchool is a smoke-free campus.  I have received complaints that a few Environmental Health students are smoking near the greenhouse, building entrances and walkways to the campus.

Please realize that BlankSchool could lose its state daycare license, plants in the greenhouse are exhibiting tobacco mosaic virus which is incurable and transmitted via fomite cross-contamination as well as other environmental health related concerns.

You are allowed to smoke in your car.

Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
View Quote

A) I never smoke near the daycare, or when the little-crotchfruit are around I unass the area/hide it.
B) The fomite cross contamination, 30 feet from a greenhouse sounds like a complete fallacy.  That's the twit who is making the noise, I want to just beat his fucking ass, but I just smile  
C) what recourse do I have with these NAZI pot smoking leftards?

I avoid blowing it on people, or in thier walkway, I go out twards the parkinglot, and winter is coming.  I don't have a ton of time on "break" to go off to a far far away safe spot I know of.

Their school their rules?  Or can I fuck with them somehow?  ( P.S, I'll quit on my terms, not some twit's.)

Remember, I PAY to deal with this shit.
View Quote

Ironic username is ironic.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:09:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Smoke in your  vehicle, or walk off campus.  UW oshkosh has been like that for a decade.
Too cold to smoke? Wear more clothes.  I didn't complain when I smoked in -25 windchill, depends how badly you want that smoke.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#27]
You will not get much sympathy here OP, GD is filled with these anti-smoking nazis, do gooders, and cry babies.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You will not get much sympathy here OP, GD is filled with these anti-smoking nazis, do gooders, and cry babies.
View Quote

Freedom is only important when it is freedom to do something you like.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Smoke in your car
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Tell the school to come forward with the names of those who "saw" you smoking.  Fight it.

The only way to get freedom these days is to become "that guy" no matter what the issue.

The same smoke nazis on this thread complaining about you smoking are the same ones who would be freaking out of the campus told you that you could not have a gun in your car.

Screw it, they want a fight, give them one.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You're 41. Act like it.
View Quote

I'm a 41 year old smoker and do exactly that. I'm not about to let some FSA asshole steal my second hand smoke.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your freedom to smoke ends at the tip of my nose.

Just as my freedom to swing my fists ends at the tip of yours.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#33]
My favorites are the stinking fat waddling bitches (how do they keep from shredding the inner thighs out of those sweat pants?),

never get within 20 ft, but still give me the old stink eye and go "cough cough cough" all the way back to their sub-compact piece of shit.

Usually got colored hair.

And ink, too.

Filthy inkies.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quit smoking.
Your loved ones will grieve for you while you die slowly
in hospice.
Sincerely, I hope you can find the strength to quit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So smoking is akin to assault?  LULZ

There is already reasonable restrictions on smoking everywhere in this country.  This is no longer about health, but politics, feels, and the 'I'm offended' culture so prevalent in America today. Let's ban body odor, and perfumes while we are at it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, I quit about a year ago, and I wish I could express to people how terrible they smell without coming off like an asshole.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Switch to vaping, my wife has.  30 years of smoking and she prefers vaping.  Of course they'll put up a "No Vaping" sign, but you can debate that with them. There's no residue, no ashes, no stink, no dangerous second hand smoke and no fire hazard.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There is already reasonable restrictions on smoking everywhere in this country.  This is no longer about health, but politics, feels, and the 'I'm offended' culture so prevalent in America today. Let's ban body odor, and perfumes while we are at it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually me hitting you would be a battery. Assault doesn't have to involve physical contact. The use of those words in the law sometimes gets interchanged.

So, yes me having to breath the noxious shit spewing from your cancerous lung could be an assault.

Not necessarily, but it could be.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#40]
First world problems.
Move to the third world, you can smoke anywhere you like.
I smoked from 14 until the smoke nazi shit started. Then I chewed. In class, in court, in church.
I quit chewing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Switch to vaping, my wife has.  30 years of smoking and she prefers vaping.  Of course they'll put up a "No Vaping" sign, but you can debate that with them. There's no residue, no ashes, no stink, no dangerous second hand smoke and no fire hazard.
View Quote

I was behind a vaper at a red light last week.

Holy crap, I thought his car was on fire!

They've got some serious equipment these days.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:55:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I avoid blowing it on people, or in thier walkway, I go out twards the parkinglot, and winter is coming.
View Quote

Even if you actually are doing it right, you can guarantee that a bunch of other stupid fucks aren't.    Either because they're being dicks on purpose, or they still don't realize that they're the only ones who can't smell it.

I have not once - ever - seen a case where smokers were capable of policing themselves.   Follow the rules, or get more stupid rules.

Here is a question for some of the smokers - how would you like it if someone dumped a bunch of talc into a sock and proceeded to hang around the entrance of your building and clap it between their hands?   That's how fucking annoying this is.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Go to the Chemistry building and see if you can get scheduled time under a vent hood.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Smoke cigs at home/not on campus. Vape on campus. Technically vaping is still tobacco smoke but vape smoke is less stinky so less noticable, thinner smoke so it disappears faster, and less people will narc you out.

Eta ask about designated smoking areas. Imo if there is a smoking policy on campus, there should be a designated smoking area.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Smoke cigs at home/not on campus. Vape on campus. Technically vaping is still tobacco smoke but vape smoke is less stinky so less noticable, thinner smoke so it disappears faster, and less people will narc you out.
View Quote

They banned that on most UC campuses too. Friend who quit smoking for vaping was up shit Creek.

They also banned all smokeless tobacco and don't even have designated areas. It's fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Even if you actually are doing it right, you can guarantee that a bunch of other stupid fucks aren't.    Either because they're being dicks on purpose, or they still don't realize that they're the only ones who can't smell it.

I have not once - ever - seen a case where smokers were capable of policing themselves.   Follow the rules, or get more stupid rules.

Here is a question for some of the smokers - how would you like it if someone dumped a bunch of talc into a sock and proceeded to hang around the entrance of your building and clap it between their hands?   That's how fucking annoying this is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I avoid blowing it on people, or in thier walkway, I go out twards the parkinglot, and winter is coming.

Totally agree, but I try to look at the individual, not the group.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

They banned that on most UC campuses too. Friend who quit smoking for vaping was up shit Creek.

They also banned all smokeless tobacco and don't even have designated areas. It's fucking retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The whole ban on smokeless tobacco in public is crazy. Ok i understand finding a sip bottle is disgusting and the smell of wintergreen is strong but i dont like some of the scents of hair products. People need to fuck off.

I dont like BO but tons of college kids got it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Eta ask about designated smoking areas. Imo if there is a smoking policy on campus, there should be a designated smoking area.
View Quote

Use a pen style vap. If you hold it in long enough, no one will see you exhale.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I suppose some of the anti freedom people here are for banning the burning of wood for heat?

It smells bad to some people.

Diesel trucks are another "Its stinky, I'm offended" scenario.

You all should move to California because there are limits to wood burning. In Marin county, you can't install any woodburning fireplace or stove since around 2005.

Careful what you wish for...
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I can see your point.  I don't drive everyday, (carpool with a buddy) I don't smoke where my smoke crosses their path.
What is going on is some asshole has a bug up his ass that "it's a non smoking campus" and I shouldn't smoke.  despite going away from people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're 41. Act like it.

Leaves you to obey the rules that you are paying to obey and not smoke on the campus except when in your car...they make it pretty clear to me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top