Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2003 12:43:30 PM EDT
[b][red][size=6]IM TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!![/size=6][/red][/b]

i have never seen it, i am going to go rent that SOB TONIGHT so that i know what a solid 10% of the posts on this board are even talking about.

ive never seen reservoir dogs either, its on my list as well.  

what is taxi driver and are there ANY other movies that are prerequesits to understanding posts on here?!?!?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Red Dawn
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#2]
you have never seen taxi driver?

or heat?

whats wrong with you.  By the way heat is on about every day on TNN or FX.

You should also see "they live"
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Well we all know what gun Al uses in the bank shootout so can you do us all a favor and tell us what handgun he uses(several spots). And the shot gun Tome Sizemore uses in a scean. Enjoy the movie it kicks ass!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
damn, looks like im gonna need a notepad and some extra money...........but maybe so i can narrow down the armload of movies i rent tonight, a brief synopsis of the film?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
If Linda Carter was in HEAT, what kind of guns would she have used? [;D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
What fountain did Tom Sizemore fall into and why aren't there any coins present?

[img]defendliberty.com/pics/fall2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Machinegun Jumblies [/austinpowers]

Add Soylent Green to your list too! It's people!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...why aren't there any coins present?
View Quote

My guess is that you beat him to the fountain???
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well we all know what gun Al uses in the bank shootout so can you do us all a favor and tell us what handgun he uses(several spots). And the shot gun Tome Sizemore uses in a scean. Enjoy the movie it kicks ass!
View Quote

I don't remember the handgun for sure, but I'm thinking a Colt Officers model in SS w/ pearl grips, or something of that sort.

And Tom had a Benelli M3 with PG and rifle sights, which he was using in pump action mode.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
damn, looks like im gonna need a notepad and some extra money...........but maybe so i can narrow down the armload of movies i rent tonight, a brief synopsis of the film?
View Quote

Heat from [url]http://www.imdb.com/Plot?0113277[/url]
Neil McCauley is a thief... an expert thief... one of the best. His philosophy in life - become attached to nothing in life that you can't walk away from if the "Heat" is on. His crew of criminals is a high-tech outfit pulling off professional jobs that impress even the likes of Detective Vincent Hanna. But Hanna, a man driven through life only by his work, becomes obsessed, at the expense of his private life, with bringing McCauley down. As McCauley's crew prepare for the score of a lifetime, and Hanna's team tries to bring him in, the two find that they are challenged by the greatest minds on the opposite side of the law that either one has ever encountered.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't remember the handgun for sure, but I'm thinking a Colt Officers model in SS w/ pearl grips, or something of that sort.

And Tom had a Benelli M3 with PG and rifle sights, which he was using in pump action mode.
View Quote

Nice ya gave him his homework answers[slap]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Tagging this for later....
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Sorry, I though you were asking.  I'm a dumbass...

OK, then for TexRdnec:

What rifle was Val Kilmer (sp?) using in the scene right before the Tom Sizemore Benelli scene?

And ID the shotgun used by the black cop in couple of scenes.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tagging this for later....
View Quote

OK, thanks for stopping by...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Sorry, I though you were asking.  I'm a dumbass...

OK, then for TexRdnec:

What rifle was Val Kilmer (sp?) using in the scene right before the Tom Sizemore Benelli scene?

And ID the shotgun used by the black cop in couple of scenes.
View Quote

Good make up assignment! I'll [beer]to that one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#16]
[size=6][red]OFFICE SPACE[/size=6][/red]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#17]
office space.............a mentioned movie that i actually have seen.  wonder of wonders.  i guess im just not up on my movie watching

spend too much time here!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Dude.... you have to see

[b]The Way of the Gun[/b]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dude.... you have to see

[b]The Way of the Gun[/b]
View Quote

Seriously, that movie sucked.

Just because they actually changed magazines doesn't mean it was a good movie.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
"What was the name of the tow truck company, whose truck was used in the armored car robbery in the movie "Heat"?"[LOL]

OBTW; as a movie, "Heat" sucks, too much bullshit character development and regurgitation. But the action sequences are AWESOME!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I like the part when Pacino hugs the dead hooker's Mom.
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#23]
"Heat" is OK, but way too long. About 30 minutes could be edited out very easily w/o compromising the story. Another 15 minutes could be cut and still get the pertinent info to the audience.

I'd be nice if it was 45 minutes shorter. Real nice.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#24]
well, i went and rented:

heat
taxi driver
red dawn
the way of the gun
and
reservoir dogs

got a lot of movie watching to do this weekend

just one question:  where do i start?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#27]
some kinds of guns im fuzzy on, truck manufacturers, years, models, engine options, etc.... i can do................no problem
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

OK, here it is AND is bad!!! When I was shopping in a West Hollywood supermarket circa 1975 she came stolling in, by herself, drop dead gorgeous, friendly and sweet as mom's apple pie. My first name is Thom, so I say the type of guns she would have is, are you ready, Tommy's Gun!

Told you it was bad.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Ive never seen Taxi Driver...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#30]
What kind of guns wher in Both Taxi Driver AND Heat?

Bonus Question:  In Taxi Driver, Our Hero is a Veteran from Which Armed Service?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#31]
watched red dawn first, good movie, gave you alot to think about, but two things ruined it for me:

1:  who, after 6 months of guerilla warfare, thinks the enemy is going to come to a prime ambush spot, stop, and conveniently drop 2 boxes of fruit and cheerios?

2:  in the scene directly following that where patrick swayze is tending to the shot girl you can see the belted ammo around his neck has no primers, gonna be worthless in combat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#32]
You should also see Army of Darkness.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You should also see Army of Darkness.

View Quote

This Is My ....BOOMSTICK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Good, bad, I dunno I'm the guy with the gun!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Old School "DUDE...you got a fukin dart in your neck!!"
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You should also see "they live"
View Quote

Yes.  And then rent the South Park DVD Insults to Injuries and watch the Cripple Fight episode.

BTW, don't read too much into any of these movies or you'll ruin it for yourself.  And though 90% of Heat pretty much sucked, the one scene just about made up for all of it.

Now you gotta rent Boondock Saints as well. [;)]

Oh, and I'm assuming you have already read Unintended Consequences.  There will be a test later. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:51:46 AM EDT
[#37]
How mamy mags do you have???
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey...I thought Burt Reynolds was GREAT in that movie!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Heat is excellent BECAUSE of the character development.  It's not just a stupid shootemup.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#40]
ok, i can now say that i've seen HEAT!!!!!!!!

when does my secret decoder ring arrive?

How mamy mags do you have???
View Quote

6 20's 6 30's, 2 10's, why?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Taxi Driver is the best movie on the list, also the darkest.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...why aren't there any coins present?
View Quote

My guess is that you beat him to the fountain???
View Quote
[bounce][hail2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top