Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 11:46:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The Phobic: Has an irrational fear of guns. Never seen one up close. Never fired one. Only knows that they're loud, scary-looking, and merely holding one can cause injury or death.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
The Woo Woo: While similar to the phobic, the Woo Woo's systematic hatred goes beyond simple Phobia.  The Woo Woo suffers from an acute psychosis related to firearms.  The Woo Woo often believes firearms to be capable of independent thought and action.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Woo Woo: While similar to the phobic, the Woo Woo's systematic hatred goes beyond simple Phobia.  The Woo Woo suffers from an acute psychosis related to firearms often believing them to be capable of independent action.
View Quote
Where did you get that name?
View Quote

Lurking at the DUh
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]

The "Oven-stuffer": Eliminates guns as a prelude to eliminating people.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#6]
What about the zombie that floows rosie o'donnel and whatever tv tells them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The "Oven-stuffer": Eliminates guns as a prelude to eliminating people.

View Quote

[LOL] I found that one way too funny.

The Pleaser: The one who hates guns to please someone else, such as a parent.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
[b]The Political Rationalizer:[/b] This type will support gun control as reasonable and common sense if it is introduced by one in  their political party, but would object to the [b]exact same gun control[/b] as tyrannical and unconsitutional if introduced by an opposing political party.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[b]The Political Rationalizer:[/b] This type will support gun control as reasonable and common sense if it is introduced by one in  their political party, but would object to the [b]exact same gun control[/b] as tyrannical and unconsitutional if introduced by an opposing political party.
View Quote

Damn you're insightful.  I like you Imbro, I don't care what they say about you.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The Backstabber: This fellow has giant amounts of money and buys all the cool toys. He is not really that smart cause he tries to put .38 specials into a .38 super mag. He also poo-poo'd SB23 to us, but was the first one down at the PD being fingerprinted.

He really likes(pretends) to slum it at the range with us lowlifes, says he "loves" guns and how he is such a great "patriot".

But, once away from the range and us lowlifes he tells his mother and other Orange County snobs how much he hates us lowlifes and our gunz.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about this for months.
Leader:[red] i fall in here, i've been shot, and two of my childhood friends were shot to death[/red] The Sarah Brady type.  The one who was shot or had a loved one shot and injured or killed.
Follower: Believes in gun control because he/she witnessed a frightening event from afar, such as seeing the Columbine victims on TV, and decided that guns are the problem because they were told so.
Victim:[red]BTDT[/red]  The Leader's Poster Child.  The Follower's Greatest Fear.  Jim Brady.
The 'Societist': Views every issue through lenses of what is good for the whole of society.  Has nearly complete disregard for individual rights, even though he uses rhetoric such as 'civil rights'; he does not think of individual rights, but rather 'rights of society', ie, the greater good.  He sounds a lot like a communist in his choice of words, but he would rather everybody voluntarily gave up all their guns.  Does not view the gun problem as a crime problem.
The Statist: Very similar to the Societist, but wants a law banning guns.
'Pick and Choose': This individual will list all the types of guns he wants to ban, and will give you all varieties of reason for them, from crime statistics to empty claims of scary people.  Claims that he doesn't want a ban on all guns, but every single category he lists amounts to all the categories of guns.

Anybody else?
View Quote

So which one does that make me?
None of the above!
Cuz i'm a gun nut! yup, a gun nut thats me.
Damn i almost forgot- Than there is the type who just don't believe anyone should have a gun, not even the police, and think there is no need for a military. I don't know what you'd call them. You know the type all life is precious and nothing is worth killing over. What would you call them?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#12]
The Elitist, thinks that no one else is responsible or intelligent or important enough to possess but themself. Claim they don't like them but have to have one because of all us idiot wacko's
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#13]
The hunter: Owns a shotgun or bolt gun and think banning semiauto rifles and pistols is fine since no one will possibly ban his gun.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The hunter: Owns a shotgun or bolt gun and think banning semiauto rifles and pistols is fine since no one will possibly ban his gun.
View Quote

be more specific i'm a hunter and i know they'd take my bolt gun. after all it's a highpowered sniper rifle since it has a scope. And shotguns hey they throw out tons of projectiles with one pull of the trigger and can cause great damage when shot at a group of people because of that.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#16]
The Naiive : Didn't bother to learn what "Molon Labe" meant until they came to take my gun[s]s[/s].

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#17]
The Object Person:  The type who thinks the mere possesion of a gun will predispose people to want to kill.

Example:  Our engineer in the Navy, a Lt. Commander:  "If you have a gun, it means you are looking for someone to kill."
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about this for months.
Leader: The Sarah Brady type.  The one who was shot or had a loved one shot and injured or killed.
View Quote

First, I think we need to clarify the issue of Sarah Brady; she doesn't give a damn about firearms, take 'em or leave 'em.

Sarah Brady was used to the high-life of The Beltway and saw her lifestyle flying out the window to be replaced by being turned into a servant to a vegetable for the rest of her life, living on a meager disability pension and whatever she could scrape-up working minimum wage jobs as she had no marketable skills. Talk about going from the Whitehouse to the shithouse in just a few minutes.

Then rides in the proverbial White Knight to save her! She's offered a lucrative position as a poster child lackey to the anti-gunners and now she can stay on "The Hill" and still hob-knob with her jet set friends and life is wonderful again! Just get up and give a speech or two every now and then and wave your vegetable husband around like the albatross that he is hanging around her neck. Brady wasn't a hero, he didn't try to save Reagan's life, he was just some poor schmuck who was standing in the wrong place at the right time. Sarah Brady capitalized on that misfortune, she just grabbed the lifeline that was thrown to her by the anti's.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#19]
The "I am afraid of myself" type.
They dont want any guns around because they fell if THEY had one around they would not be able to control their own homicidal impulses.
Probably involved in road rage incidents on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#20]
The Invincibly Clueless : They're not paying attention to the world around them, and certainly not to someone that is using logical arguments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top