Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2003 11:18:54 AM EDT
Went to see X-2 last night. i reallly liked it.  im wondering, is there any way Striker is still alive?  

Is wolverine getting stronger?  Deathstrike was kicking the shit out of him, but he heald like it was a scratch.

when will Rouge start flying? or get any more powers?

When will X-3 happen?

Will there be Sentinal robots?

Ben, The_Emu
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

rouge got her super strength and ability to fly from her mentor - um, superimatworkanddonthavetimetolookituprightnowwoman - or more accurately, from absorbing those powers in the death throws of her mentor.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

rouge got her super strength and ability to fly from her mentor - um, superimatworkanddonthavetimetolookituprightnowwoman - or more accurately, from absorbing those powers in the death throws of her mentor.
View Quote

From the original Ms. Marvel, Rogue got her super-duper powers.

Although the charactars are very accurate (Wolvie vs Cyclops, the love triangle btw them and Jean Grey) the movies are a little off. Rogue is one of the "Grown ups" for her whole time. Kitty "Shadowcat" Pryde and Jubilee were wolvies original little girl sidekicks.

Still, very entertaining.

I really hope it doesn't go downhill like the batman series...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I thought Rouge got her powers from "Marvel Girl" in the comics.

edited, because im to slow.....
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
so how will she get her powers in the movie series?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]
She won't.  She's play both Rogue and Jubilee...  

I hope they don't try to touch the Phoenix Sage with X3, but they probably will

Doubt there will be an Emcron Crystal or Shi'ar...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I was a little upset when they killed(?) Jean Grey and think that maybe they will touch the Phoenix Saga in the next film. I also believe Striker will be back.

I thought they made Lady Deathstrike a little too bad ass for her to be killed so easily.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
She won't.  She's play both Rogue and Jubilee...  

I hope they don't try to touch the Phoenix Sage with X3, but they probably will

Doubt there will be an Emcron Crystal or Shi'ar...
View Quote

yeah, although i really loved the phoenix saga i don't think it will translate to the big screen series very well.  hell, it was a huge tangent in the comic books - think of the feeling of discontinuity it would produce in a movie trilogy.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I think they are going to do the Pheonix thing. In the first one at the end when Magnetos' device was destroyed Jean Grey kinda suffered a dizzy spell after the wave collapsed. I figure that will be the explanation for her gaining the Pheonix power even though the wave wasn't supposed to effect mutants.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Wolverine isn't getting stronger he has a healing factor that is his mutant power not the claws as we found out, and I think that deathstrike is dead they will have someone new in the next movie i bet since they usually dont bring anyone back.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wolverine isn't getting stronger he has a healing factor that is his mutant power not the claws as we found out, and I think that deathstrike is dead they will have someone new in the next movie i bet since they usually dont bring anyone back.
View Quote

In X-1 Wolverine got beat up by Sabretooth, and he was out for hours.  In X2 deathstrike repeatedly stabed him with her claws, and he just shook it off.  i know he can heal, i just seems like it was faster in x2.

the actress who plays lady deathstrike signed a 2 movie deal, she will be back somehow.

Ben, The Emu
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the actress who plays lady deathstrike signed a 2 movie deal, she will be back somehow.
Ben, The Emu
View Quote

That would be Kelly Hu
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#13]
My question: will somebody come out with a plastic model kit of the X-jet? Tasty...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

In X-1 Wolverine got beat up by Sabretooth, and he was out for hours.  In X2 deathstrike repeatedly stabed him with her claws, and he just shook it off.  i know he can heal, i just seems like it was faster in x2.

Ben, The Emu
View Quote

In one of the original miniseries Wolverine had his throat ripped out by Sabretooth, and was healing by the the time he was thrown in the water.

I have been a Wolvie fan since the 1980 Frank Miller miniseries.

pat
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't get past the part that there is some dolt that gets to paint Rebecca Romijn-Stamos' naked body for these movies.  And they get that blue latex EVERYWHERE!  Imagine that job!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Mmmmmm...  Blue latex!  Ok, time to brain back in gear.  From what I read about the first film, 80% of her body was covered with glued-on latex panels, and the other 20% is actually painted bare skin.  The illusion of her being naked is still achieved with poor lighting.

As for Jean, she was having trouble controlling her powers early in the film, and there were subtle suggestions about, I can't remember the correct words, but some mutations are "great leaps and bounds" above others on the evolutionary ladder.  From what I'm thinking, Jean hasn't reached her potential yet.  She's in some transitional phase.

As for flying mutants, I think the director wanted to avoid that, because he thinks it's been overdone, and it doesn't fit in with his idea of this near-future universe he's creating.

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#17]
There was FAR too much foreshadowing for the next movie not to have Phoenix in the next movie. I'm hopeing they get into the Sentinals, but I'm not holding my breath

It looks as though Rouge is not going to become the Rouge out of the comic. She's starting out almost exactly opposite of her orginal history. (she was orginally a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and was raised and trained by Mystique, who sent her after Carol Danvers). I'll forgive them that if they give Colusses more than a token part in the next movie.

As for Striker, he was always designed as a one-shot charecter who dies at the end. I don't look for him being back. To see the original (Rev.) Striker and the storyline X2 was obviously based on, check out the graphic novel [i]God Loves, Man Kills[/i]. It was an excellent book.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:50:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Here are some X-Men links. It'll give you a heads up on some of the character's histories.

[url]http://www.stormloader.com/feedback/xmenahistory.html[/url]

[url]http://24.191.192.76:8000[/url]

[url]http://hehhehheh.tripod.com/XWCP/index2.htm[/url]

[url]http://us.imdb.com/Credits?0290334[/url]

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#19]
No way they aren't doing the Pheonix stuff in the next movie, it's plain as day.  The freakin' pheonix image in the water at the end all but gives it away.  Now how they do it is definitely open, I doubt they'll have any of the intergalatic crap or the Shi'ar garbage (I hope not anyway, didn't care for that in the cartoon at least).  Sounds to me like they are setting it up as one of the great leaps/bounds in evolution, but who knows.

I want to see sentinels getting owned by X-men dangit...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top