Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 10:26:50 AM EDT
just want to know.  i have some change in my pocket and a gun show coming up and want to know if you have and or love these.  will they protect your mag floor plate if you drop a half full mag on the deck?  how many mags pulls do you have?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 12 for my AR15 and 3 for my AR10 and I love them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
don't have any
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#3]
550 cord and old bike innertube.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope.
Wouldn't work with my Redi Mag.

If you're gonna be in a firefight where you need more than 60 rounds, MagPulls aren't what you need.

What you need is a belt fed.

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I never did see the big deal with magpuls. To me a mag pull is an action when changing mags, not a physical piece of equipment. It seems to me that trying to grab the small surface area of this accesory, would only cause you to fumble around trying to find it. I never had any problems grabbing a mag when it's empty in order to replace it with a full one. Like my buddy Echo6 says, "it is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist."
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll have to second what HighStrung1 has written. If you haven't got the grip strength to pull a magazine out of your weapon something is wrong with you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought 3 for the halibut...but I don't have any USGI mags, so they don't work lol.  I keep meaning to buy some USGI mags, but I always spend the money on something else it seems.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Uhmmm...I think the function of the magpull is to easily get it out of the mag pouch.

Which CAN be tricky in a fire fight - when fractions of seconds count.

And again, if your mag ain't FALLIN' out of your mag well when you push the mag release button, somethin's BROKE.

Get it fixed.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I use the black ones for 55 grain 193 loaded mags and green ones for the SS109 loaded ones.  I guess if I ever get a 1/7 barrel I would get a different color for the 77 rounds.  Might be a little anal, but it works if you pay attention.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered 12 of them a bit ago, still waiting to get them.  I hope they fit in my gear.

BTW, they aren't for removing a mag from your rifle, although they will help protect the mag from impact if you let it drop from the magwell to the ground.  The purpose is to expedite removing a mag from a mag pouch on a chest rig or belt/thigh rig.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I have 0 mag pulls
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Uhmmm...I think the function of the magpull is to easily get it out of the mag pouch.

Which CAN be tricky in a fire fight - when fractions of seconds count.

And again, if your mag ain't FALLIN' out of your mag well when you push the mag release button, somethin's BROKE.

Get it fixed.

View Quote

Again, a fix for a problem that doesn't exist. If you can't manage to arrange your mags in your mag pouch so that they're all facing the same way and thereby know how to pull them out so that they're oriented right to put in your weapon.....maybe, just maybe you should have Jerry Lewis doin' a telethon for ya![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://www.driscollchildrens.org/DCHWeb/Education/images/student%20with%20hand%20raised%203.jpg[/img]

Mas Ayoob told me at a LFI Emergency Rifle class that they're "good kit".
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I currently dont use them.  Have thought of trying them though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Again, a fix for a problem that doesn't exist. If you can't manage to arrange your mags in your mag pouch so that they're all facing the same way and thereby know how to pull them out so that they're oriented right to put in your weapon.....maybe, just maybe you should have Jerry Lewis doin' a telethon for ya![rolleyes]
View Quote

Does the military issue mag pulls??? Not to my knowledge.

But in my personal training and experience, getting a 30 rounder out of a mag pouch when sandwiched between 2 other 30 rounders can take a fraction of a second longer than perhaps using a mag pull.

Stack enuf "fractions of a second" end to end, and your're dead, cuz the other guy got to his mags quicker.

Like I say, I don't use them  -I gotts a Redi-Mag, which I find to be the QUICKEST solution.

But I won't denigrate people who do use them. If you don't "need" this solution, then don't use it.

It has NOTHING to do with how you arrange your mags. It has to do with the relative speed of getting a SINGLE mag out of a 3 mag pouch.

If you can't comprehend this, then I dare say you've never tried it.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted: I bet I can change mags faster than you. [:D]
View Quote

I'll bet my jungle clips are faster than your Magpuls![nana]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Currently I don't have any.  Almost bought some at the last show.  I'll probably pick some up at the next one.

Over and out!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#22]
My "vest mags" have them installed...I mark the ends w/ colored electrical tape. Blue for 75gr TAP, Green for IMI SS109. MAGPULS definately save some dents and dings, no residue on mag bodies like w/ 100mph tape and they are relatively cheap compared to new mags.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted: I doubt it. By the time you manually switch from clipped mag A to clipped mag B I will have dropped mag A to the ground and have mag B in the mag well faster than you can say "OH SHIT!" [;D]

Besides, how many jungle clipped mags can you fit in one mag pouch? Two?
View Quote

So, let me get this straight. You're trying to convince me that you can hit your mag release, reach down to your waist to your mag pouch, extract a mag and insert it into your mag well faster than the following steps which I'll be performing at the same time:

1. Hit mag release.
2. Move empty magazine to right or left about a 1 1/2 to 2 inches.
3. Insert full mag.

That's what you're trying to tell me you can do? Come on! We wear boots up here in Wyoming, but, there not that tall! [shock]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I have about a dozen of them and haven't used them much. Hope they save the bottoms of my expensive magazines though. 6 of them in my SAW pouch is pretty tight BTW.

MM419
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#27]
I like Magpuls.  They are usefull, and most importantly they look cool.  the cool factor is what makes the AR-15 work best.  Always go for the cool factor.

I also like cookies...mmmm cookies...
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:18:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I use 'em.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:04:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:05:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey Big Bear, don't knock the old infantry mag change. Sometimes, depending on the engagement, it's a good idea to save spent mags. In the book Black Hawk Down for example, the Rangers had speed reloaded every time, dropping their mags. Later, when they were resupplied, they didn't have mags to put their rounds in. A lot of them were shooting one round at a time. I could see it being important to do speed reloads in CQB though.
That said, I don't have magpulls because they don't fit my AK mags. 550 cord and 100mph tape work just fine for my fumble fingers. Just don't make the loop too big or you can't turn the mag over to seat it(like I did the first time when I was a private). [:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 2:55:13 AM EDT
[#31]
I've got several hundred. [:)]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:36:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I have 24 of them and I like'em. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:48:05 AM EDT
[#33]
30 for the 15
30 for the 10

Link Posted: 6/22/2003 4:49:10 AM EDT
[#34]
 Originally thought they were 'gimmacky', but by using a Magpul on the center mag, it eliminates mag-rattle AND makes it alot easier to get out the 1st mag from a full/tight pouch.
 Don't see any point in putting them on all mags [other than uniformity/kinetic memory of motion], but they serve 2 good purposes at least[and 3 by including some protection for mags if dropped in urban environments].
 'Jungle clips' are pure hollyweird outside urban/house gun parameters. Sucks in the bush. Ghost
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#35]
I have a small handful of Magpuls. Thus far, they have not made my mag changes any more efficient, but since my practice and training schedule is on-going, give me some time and I'll see.

For quite a while, I thought they were gimmicky, though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Never worried about it, and they seem a little gimmicky to me.

Your best response to an empty long gun is to transition to your sidearm, anyway, and you should drill, drill, drill your transitions.

Mags get changed and weapons get cleared behind cover with one of your buddies covering your sector. At least, that is how we train it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nope.
Wouldn't work with my Redi Mag.

If you're gonna be in a firefight where you need more than 60 rounds, MagPulls aren't what you need.

What you need is a belt fed.

[:D]

View Quote

I too have a Redi Mag and love it.  Much better IMHO than magpulls.  Too much chance to catch on something.

If 60 can't help ya, you don't need a firearm, you need quick access to a very fast car and an open stretch of highway facing away from danger.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#38]
I have thoughts on the subject, they are not going to be popular.

1. I don't own any magpulls.  I also don't own any magclips,  Special Mag followers,  funky muzzle brakes, magazine speed loaders, colored front sights  or any other gimmicky stuff. AR or otherwise.  

2.  None of you, with the exceptions of Law enforcement or active military,  will ever face anything remotely resembling an active situation requiring an AR. Kind of silly to spend $$$ and train for something that will never occur.  If you need them for an edge in competition,  all well and good,  but don't try and sell me on this "Combat/SHTF" stuff.  Just how long do you expect a solo shooter to live against active opposition anyway?

3.  Expensive mags?  I don't know where you are shopping,  but around Killeen surplus stores you can pick up AR 30 rounders for 11$.  That piece of plastic costs what.  5$?  If damage is your concern,  just wrap the ends with 100MPH tape. Save the cash for more mags.

4.  Have you guys given thought to the possiblility these things may cause the mag to snag in the pouch?  A real concern, considering all those knockoff mag vests in style these days.    
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Nylon strap from walmart, and some electrical tape.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top