Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2016 10:11:19 PM EDT
Federalist

No, Hillary Clinton, The Supreme Court’s Heller Decision Wasn’t About Toddlers

Hillary Clinton claimed the Heller decision was about toddlers. It was actually about whether a 66-year-old police officer had the right to keep a gun at home.
October 19, 2016 By Sean Davis
During the final presidential debate on Wednesday night, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton told another unbelievable whopper about the country’s gun laws. In her answer to a question about her views on gun rights, Clinton said she opposed the Supreme Court’s Heller decision, which recognized the constitutional right for individuals to own and carry firearms, because it was about whether toddlers should have guns.

Yes, she said that.

It’s a lie so absurd that I honestly don’t know where to begin, but I’ll give it a shot: No, the Heller decision was not about toddlers. It had nothing to do with toddlers. Nothing. It’s no coincidence that the word “toddler” doesn’t appear in either the majority or dissenting opinions in the case. Because it had nothing to do with toddlers.

So what was the Heller case really about? It was about whether Dick Anthony Heller, a 66-year-old police officer, should be legally allowed to own and bear a personal firearm to defend himself and his family at home. That’s it. Here’s how the Supreme Court described the facts of the case:

District of Columbia law bans handgun possession by making it a crime to carry an unregistered firearm and prohibiting the registration of handguns; provides separately that no person may carry an unlicensed handgun, but authorizes the police chief to issue 1-year licenses; and requires residents to keep lawfully owned firearms unloaded and dissembled or bound by a trigger lock or similar device. Respondent Heller, a D. C. special policeman, applied to register a handgun he wished to keep at home, but the District refused. He filed this suit seeking, on Second Amendment grounds, to enjoin the city from enforcing the bar on handgun registration, the licensing requirement insofar as it prohibits carrying an unlicensed firearm in the home, and the trigger-lock requirement insofar as it prohibits the use of functional firearms in the home. The District Court dismissed the suit, but the D. C. Circuit reversed, holding that the Second Amendment protects an individual’s right to possess firearms and that the city’s total ban on handguns, as well as its requirement that firearms in the home be kept nonfunctional even when necessary for self-defense, violated that right.

No mention of toddlers. Because the case wasn’t about toddlers. It was about whether the District of Columbia’s “total ban on handguns” — the Supreme Court’s characterization of the law at issue in the case — was constitutional. The Supreme Court ruled that D.C.’s ban on handguns was unconstitutional and that Heller, a police officer, had a constitutional right to own and bear a firearm in his home. It had nothing whatsoever to do with toddlers.

If Clinton opposes an individual’s constitutional right to keep and bear arms to protect his or her family, she should just come out and say so instead of blatantly lying about the Supreme Court’s decision on the matter. But it gets better: after claiming that the Heller decision was all about toddlers, Hillary then claimed that the Constitution guarantees a right to partial-birth abortion, a practice that requires an abortionist to rip an unborn baby from the womb, stab or crush or skull, and then vacuum out her brains. Because Hillary Clinton’s top priority is protecting innocent children from violence.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#1]
She's a piece of shit cunt,and so is wallace for not pushing the issue on some of her previous statements about guns.

Fuck that cunt bitch.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She's a piece of shit cunt,and so is wallace for not pushing the issue on some of her previous statements about guns.

Fuck that cunt bitch.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Yet Trump is so uninformed on the issue he couldn't show what a lying bitch she is.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that cunt bitch.

This.

+1
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fuck that cunt bitch.
View Quote

And as usual she used the same old demoncrap retread line It was for the children.

Delusional power hungry bitch.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Federalist

No, Hillary Clinton, The Supreme Court’s Heller Decision Wasn’t About Toddlers

Hillary Clinton claimed the Heller decision was about toddlers. It was actually about whether a 66-year-old police officer had the right to keep a gun at home.
October 19, 2016 By Sean Davis
During the final presidential debate on Wednesday night, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton told another unbelievable whopper about the country’s gun laws. In her answer to a question about her views on gun rights, Clinton said she opposed the Supreme Court’s Heller decision, which recognized the constitutional right for individuals to own and carry firearms, because it was about whether toddlers should have guns.

Yes, she said that.

It’s a lie so absurd that I honestly don’t know where to begin, but I’ll give it a shot: No, the Heller decision was not about toddlers. It had nothing to do with toddlers. Nothing. It’s no coincidence that the word “toddler” doesn’t appear in either the majority or dissenting opinions in the case. Because it had nothing to do with toddlers.

So what was the Heller case really about? It was about whether Dick Anthony Heller, a 66-year-old police officer, should be legally allowed to own and bear a personal firearm to defend himself and his family at home. That’s it. Here’s how the Supreme Court described the facts of the case:

District of Columbia law bans handgun possession by making it a crime to carry an unregistered firearm and prohibiting the registration of handguns; provides separately that no person may carry an unlicensed handgun, but authorizes the police chief to issue 1-year licenses; and requires residents to keep lawfully owned firearms unloaded and dissembled or bound by a trigger lock or similar device. Respondent Heller, a D. C. special policeman, applied to register a handgun he wished to keep at home, but the District refused. He filed this suit seeking, on Second Amendment grounds, to enjoin the city from enforcing the bar on handgun registration, the licensing requirement insofar as it prohibits carrying an unlicensed firearm in the home, and the trigger-lock requirement insofar as it prohibits the use of functional firearms in the home. The District Court dismissed the suit, but the D. C. Circuit reversed, holding that the Second Amendment protects an individual’s right to possess firearms and that the city’s total ban on handguns, as well as its requirement that firearms in the home be kept nonfunctional even when necessary for self-defense, violated that right.

No mention of toddlers. Because the case wasn’t about toddlers. It was about whether the District of Columbia’s “total ban on handguns” — the Supreme Court’s characterization of the law at issue in the case — was constitutional. The Supreme Court ruled that D.C.’s ban on handguns was unconstitutional and that Heller, a police officer, had a constitutional right to own and bear a firearm in his home. It had nothing whatsoever to do with toddlers.

If Clinton opposes an individual’s constitutional right to keep and bear arms to protect his or her family, she should just come out and say so instead of blatantly lying about the Supreme Court’s decision on the matter. But it gets better: after claiming that the Heller decision was all about toddlers, Hillary then claimed that the Constitution guarantees a right to partial-birth abortion, a practice that requires an abortionist to rip an unborn baby from the womb, stab or crush or skull, and then vacuum out her brains. Because Hillary Clinton’s top priority is protecting innocent children from violence.
View Quote

Wallace does not challenge Hilary.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yet Trump is so uninformed on the issue he couldn't show what a lying bitch she is.
View Quote
Yeah, I was disappointed he couldn't counter with what the Heller case was about.

Not really surprised though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#8]
FHRC and all her arguments against Trump are why are you not releasing your tax statements. Hell he isn't a politician so why the fuck should he have to release them. Perot didn't didn't release his when he ran. Everything else for the 10 minutes I have watch has raise my blood pressure from the filth coming out of her mouth. Glad I have a gun in my hand with safety cap in it to keep pulling the trigger. Else would have several holes in my TV. And her saying that Trump was for the war in Iraq yet all the new articles he was it might be good at least to take out the one that supported those that did 9/11. Now to change the channel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#9]
To disagree with Heller is to disagree that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual's right to bear arms (as opposed to it speaking to "militias" only).

That's what the case stands for. It was a landmark decision for that reason. Anybody who disagrees with that case thinks,  in effect,  that the 2nd is dead letters. No way around it.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:25:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Glad I have a gun in my hand with safety cap in it to keep pulling the trigger.
View Quote

Load it. Shoot it. Get it out of your system. You can get one free on Craigslist.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:26:22 PM EDT
[#11]

I started screaming  "TODDLERS"!!!

WTF?!!

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
To disagree with Heller is to disagree that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual's right to bear arms (as opposed to it speaking to "militias" only).

That's what the case stands for. It was a landmark decision for that reason. Anybody who disagrees with that case thinks,  in effect,  that the 2nd is dead letters. No way around it.

View Quote

No dude, toddlers were waging war on the streets of D.C. So they had to ban all weapons and peace and unicorns flourished until Heller destroyed this Utopia.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I was texting with one of my employees, and I told her Hitlery would lose her shit at how many loaded guns I could have in hand without getting out of my chair.

Her response was it would take her husband 5 steps to get to a gun. I said he needs to hang out with me more.

Her response was a thumbs up. I will have him carrying everywhere every day before the election happens.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, I was disappointed he couldn't counter with what the Heller case was about.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He missed that and the wikileaks slow pitches, among others.  Weak
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

If only there was a candidate so well versed in the case that he actually wrote the principal amicus brief.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If only there was a candidate so well versed in the case that he actually wrote the principal amicus brief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Water under the bridge.

Those are our choices-choose wisely.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, but this is the shit sandwich we all get to chew on...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#18]
She spews nothing but lies. I wish he would do a better job preparing and combat some of these lies.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Load it. Shoot it. Get it out of your system. You can get one free on Craigslist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad I have a gun in my hand with safety cap in it to keep pulling the trigger.

that dastardly internet loophole

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll vote for him, because the goddamned narcissistic retard is still better than Hillary.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll vote for him, because the goddamned narcissistic retard is still better than Hillary.

View Quote

Yep.  Sad but true.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#23]
i think you guys are putting too much emphases on gun rights and the 2nd and undecided voters.

if it was an issue that they cared about they wouldn't need a debate.

he did great with the abortion issue.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
i think you guys are putting too much emphases on gun rights and the 2nd and undecided voters.

View Quote

No, you missed the point. A toddler could learn the stats, or facts, about any of these subjects and show her for the lying bitch she is. Not Trump though.

You almost have to wonder if he isn't being stupid on purpose.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Trump is not a gun guy. Why would you expect him to be conversant regarding Heller?

FHRC is a shrewd person trained in law and skilled in politics. Why would you not expect her to so easily misrepresent Heller?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:02:22 PM EDT
[#26]
FHRC plans to save toddlers by aborting them just like FWJC saved the children in Waco by burning them to death.

When she talked about 'reasonable' laws he should have countered that to make reasonable laws you have to be a reasonable person, then list all the current stuff that shows how unreasonable she is (emails, Benghazi/Arab Spring/voter fraud/etc).

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#27]
But she respects the 2nd Amendment
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#28]
another excellent federalist article. everyone here really needs to be reading that site daily.
they  are putting out some good stuff lately
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#29]
another excellent federalist article. everyone here really needs to be reading that site daily.
they  are putting out some good stuff lately
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#30]
that was some of the most insane shit i've ever heard..
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, you missed the point. A toddler could learn the stats, or facts, about any of these subjects and show her for the lying bitch she is. Not Trump though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no one wants to see Trump spouting stats.

lets say he did and "owned her" every ad up to the election would be stats contradicting his stats. 2+2=4 but before the election you will be told 1x4=4 and 2x2=4 and while trump wasn't wrong he wasn't correct either.

its not just Hillery he has to contend with its everyone else.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

So what's worst to you, ignorance (Trump) or deceit (Hillary)?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:02:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Do not fret OP as I am confident that the news media will fact check her and let her and the American people know through their networks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#34]
If she gets elected someone needs <CoC> that bitch.

She WILL destroy this country.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There was, he got his ass kicked.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

lets say he did and "owned her" every ad up to the election would be stats contradicting his stats. 2+2=4 but before the election you will be told 1x4=4 and 2x2=4 and while trump wasn't wrong he wasn't correct either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, but WTF are you talking about?

If Trump had destroyed her comments with fact, stats, you can't come back and reframe the question. Once it is done, it's done. The damage he could have caused is lost now. Even if she and the media were to reframe her response later, they couldn't cover the obvious lies.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm voting for Trump. But that isn't the point.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#38]

I hate facebook, but I had to post on this.  Hopefully her lies are put into light around the world.

Obama was merely an incompetent fool, Hillary is a dangerous criminal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#39]
FHRC
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:52:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Hillary said DC v Heller was about "toddlers"? You gotta fucking be kidding me, that has to be the most dishonest characterization of  the biggest landmark 2A rights case in my lifetime.

No, Hillary, DC v Heller was about whether Mr. Heller could legally own and keep a handgun in his home in DC (ie the right to keep and bear arms as most of us interpret it). It was about whether it was constitutional for a local jurisdiction to have an effective total ban on handguns for private ownership.

And the decision? The SC said it was not constitutional and additionally released an opinion stating many key pieces of what the 2A actually means especially as the language pertains to modern interpretations. There was nothing about children or toddlers or even prohibited persons anywhere in it at all that I'm aware of.

To disagree with the Heller v DC decision is to disagree with the individual's right to keep and bear arms. Period. Nothing to do with "regulating" them or keeping them out of children or prohibited persons hands. It would allow any local jurisdiction to maintain a total ban on handguns (or any other gun for that matter) like DC tried to do. To downplay the case as being about "toddlers" is deceitful and abhorrent, but yes it does help the polished talking points that she "supports" the 2A this election.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:19:35 AM EDT
[#41]
That lying bitch. The thing is, most of the audience bought it because they didn't know any better.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#42]
We know. We can have any toddlers over. They can handle any guns that we have forgotten about because we dont keep one in the chamber. There ya go. My not keeping one in the chamber solves itself.

Toddlers are more apt to grab a chambered pistol than your need to use it against an intruder. Keep a round OUT OF YOUR striker fired pistols its not worth it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do not fret OP as I am confident that the news media will fact check her and let her and the American people know through their networks.
View Quote

So think I had to use a putty knife to scrape it off the screen.........................
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That lying bitch. The thing is, most of the audience bought it because they didn't know any better.
View Quote

Yep.

That fucking douche Wallace should have called her on that,since Trump didn't.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:56:18 AM EDT
[#45]
I think y'all misunderstand.  Her response was based on her perception.  You see, to her, we are all toddlers in need of guidance, direction, & total control by the "adults" in DC.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#46]
She'll get the woman's vote based on that whopper of a lie and the many others that she has told.

Too bad women are real good at measuring and counting though.  Cause, I and most everyone here, is packing at least 10 inches.  And, we make over $100,000 a year. Rrrright.

Aloha, Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top