Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 9:05:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a serious problem. I suggest you stop bathing and brushing your teeth immediately. Ixnay on the Scope and deoderant. Too many good bugs taking friendly fire...

Incidently, this should also take care of your "get rid of a friend" problem....
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I am most certain that there must be a website for this sort of thing.

Something along the line of [url]soapkills.com[/url] or other!

Me, I like to clean my food prior to partaking!

Just a personal choice, I suppose.

The environment is changing so rapidly, that I sincerely doubt that 'Mother Nature' can keep up with what works and what doesn't work, any longer.

In a couple of years, I can imagine being injected with 'beneficial bacteria' to replenish that which has been destroyed by the actions of Western Civilization's obsession with cleanliness.

An obsession which I heartily approve!

Eric The(LittleDutch)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually, inhaling a bit of anti-bacterial cleaner probably won't kill that many bugs in your body at one time, if any, "good" or "bad".

When a doctor gives you an antibiotic, you are given a course which usually runs for a week or longer. You are directed to take the complete dose, even if you quickly feel better. The danger here is that if you stop treatment prematurely, you may not have killed all the targeted bacteria, and you may develope a strain of bacteria immune to the particular antibiotic. This is a serious health problem worldwide. Drug companies are always looking for new antibiotics, and some ab's are prescribed only if other common drugs fail to stop the infection.

So the real question isn't if we are making our immune system wusses, per se, but if we are making superbugs. Some folks think that that indiscriminate use of "antibacterial" cleaners and soaps is adding to this problem. So there is some validity to your question.

When I was a teaching assistant in a micro lab in college, we routinely used a dilute solution of bleach to clean our work areas before doing any culture work. Ethanol is also routinely used as a surface disinfectant in labs. Nothing fancy, but effective.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I beleive SNIFFING GLUE has been linked to asking outlandish questions.

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#8]
You do deworm humans when they need it, although it is not as common as it was during our more rural recent past.

Heck, folks where I was raised wormed their kids [u]just in case[/u] they needed it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you inhale some anti-bacterial spray while cleaning, and the body is full of beneficial bacteria as well as harmful bacteria... are you killing off your good bacteria, too?  Is the amount of bad bacteria that you kill substantially greater than the beneficial bacteria?  

And if we kill off so much bacteria are we making wussies out of our immune systems?  

View Quote
Stop sniffing the oven-cleaner and get back to work woman!

And get me a beer!!
j/k [:D]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#11]

[url]http://www.ocdonline.com/[/url] [XX(]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I remember seeing an article about how kids raised in houses with animals actually have LESS allergies than kids raised without animals.  Seems it boosts their immune system or makes them more tolerant of allergans.  
View Quote

Yes indeed. Also, babies that are breast-fed usually have more developed immune systems than formula babies, as the antigens in mama's milk is passed on to them.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I was talking with a woman who had her tongue pierced and I commented about the potential for a serious infection in the human mouth.  She said the stuff she was using to prevent infection killed the good bacteria along with the bad and she had a nasty yeasty paste on her tongue because of it.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Comes with a free crack pipe.
View Quote

This model?

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=23107&iGalleryUnq=35&iImageUnq=4622[/img]

[:D]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember seeing an article about how kids raised in houses with animals actually have LESS allergies than kids raised without animals.  Seems it boosts their immune system or makes them more tolerant of allergans.  
View Quote

Yes indeed. Also, babies that are breast-fed usually have more developed immune systems than formula babies, as the antigens in mama's milk is passed on to them.
View Quote

Quick question - DOES THIS BENEFIT EXTEND INTO ADULTHOOD?

Please respond as soon as possible - I have a hot date this evening!

Oh well, I suppose I could just 'wing it' and do what comes naturally!

Eric The(LactateAcidTolerant!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#16]
ETH

HOT DATE [naughty]

Back in the saddle [hail]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quick question - DOES THIS BENEFIT EXTEND INTO ADULTHOOD?

Please respond as soon as possible - I have a hot date this evening!

Oh well, I suppose I could just 'wing it' and do what comes naturally!

Eric The(LactateAcidTolerant!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Damned straight it does. Suckle away. I guarantee you'll feel better [baby]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top