Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 9:00:57 AM EDT
In New York, Ron Dixon -- the Brooklyn father who was awakened in the middle of the night by a burglar in his two-year-old son's bedroom, and shot the intruder twice when he lunged at Dixon -- was jailed for possessing a legally purchased handgun that was not registered with the city. The burglar had a lengthy rap sheet and 19 previous arrests, but Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes came after Mr. Dixon threatening "a far worse sentence" if he didn't accept a plea bargain, and Dixon will now serve three days in jail.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:05:19 AM EDT
[#1]
This is why I live in Texas...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the update W-W
....and dammit.
SSD
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I would consider three days in jail a small price to pay. Knowing that my family is unharmed and protected would be worth far more time in the pokey.
The DA should be be relieved of his duties for punishing this man.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
No. The legislators who approved the anti-gun lobby's agenda should be recalled and thrown out of office!

The District Attorney is only enforcing the law that the People's representatives have enacted!

As [b]Symtex[/b] duly noted - just another reason to live in Texas.

Among Texans!

Eric The(TexanToTheBone)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been in Michigan for 5 months...ready to go back to the LONESTAR state....
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#6]
That sucks. To be punished for defending your family. WRONG plain and SIMPLY. He should have taken a jury trial

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is why I live in Texas...
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad to hear the man wasn't heavy handed.  Still, three days in jail sucks.  For defending his home and himself...  

I am glad I'm in Texas.  You do what he did down here, and the cops will give you a pat on the back, and say "nice shootin!".

God Bless Texas!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top