Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 66
Posted: 10/19/2016 5:22:29 PM EDT
The previous thread is...inaccessible...due to very mysterious circumstances, as indicated here.

Regardless of how much stock you placed in what Tommy101 was saying, it was an entertaining read, and if you strip out the futuristic components, there was some good advice in what he was saying.   There was enough ragging and dogpiling in the last thread, so let's get this out there now - suspend your disbelief if you want to participate in this thread.  Consider it mere flights-of-fancy or however you want to pursue it, but coming in and trashing it when so many enjoy reading it is poor form.  YMMV.

So, in the spirit of keeping it alive, I invite you to participate in the John Titor v2.0 thread, and am hopeful our resident 'time traveler' would come back and post some more.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
In... and Out...  At the same time.  I'm quantum baby.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In... and Out...  At the same time.  I'm quantum baby.
View Quote

In about 20 minutes I'm going to knock on your door last night.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Things are changing. Events to come are not as they were. Do you remember? Very unusual. Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#4]
N on wun!

Remember T101 said he told us everything we already need to know.  What I want to know is beans or no beans!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
In...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Things are changing. Events to come are not as they were. Do you remember? Very unusual. Good luck.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
In on 1 finally.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
The timeline has changed?

Is that why Tommy's thread went nuclear?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Already the plot thickens.......
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely in.  It was a very good and entertaining thread.  Very much wish that site staff would let us know what happened.  Tommy, I hope you play in this thread.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Red 5 standing by!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#14]
In the thread that got nuked it showed Tommy was the last one to post. Does anybody know what his last post was?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:14:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's what I know, or at least what I think I know:

Something feels 'off'.   Just like playing a game of Chess, pattern recognition plays a huge part in understanding your situation.  I feel like I missed something and I don't know what -- it's that nagging, subtle, unsettled feeling.

Lately I've been waking up at 3:18 am.   Exactly.   Not before, not after.  3:18 am.   Not attributing this to anything supernatural, esoteric, or futuristic -- merely pointing out that it's odd.

A toilet blew up at work today.  Thankfully, I was not present for this delightful occurrence.  I sit nearby and saw the facilities folks going in and out, cleaning, etc.   Not sure what happened, but it happened, and it's strange.  Perhaps an accountant ate taco bell.  Perhaps a large, Indian man had too much curried goat and kindly did the needful.  Maybe something in the sewer system.  No idea, but the reports of projectile 'deposits from people' was pretty unnerving.

Strange sensory things - I have 'exploding head syndrome' -- in the dead of night sometimes I hear cymbals crashing, or thunder, or something else ominous and unnerving.   Also lots of strange chills, and weird flashes of light AND dark in my eyes.  Nothing stationary, always quick little flicks here and there.  No idea what it is but it's all be getting stronger recently.

People around my GF and I (no pics - persec), people who have never shown an inkling of any kind towards this line of thinking, have been talking about civil war (and how to prepare for it).  

A very well-known company screwed up on a parts delivery for me today, delaying my SBR build.  No names - it's a one-off, and in the context of things, it's just plain weird.

My computer at work has been exhibiting extremely odd, unexpected behavior -- I'm *very* familiar with the systems I use and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what is happening.

Politics seems to almost vanish in the 'real' world, but online, lately it's been cut-throat - almost like the sides are being formed that T101 was talking about

Strange happening today with 10,000 frogs mysteriously dying.   If you want to go the Biblical route, Revelation 16:13 speaks of frogs, but I don't remember exactly what here.  Please do not turn this into a religious thread, bashing or otherwise.  Merely pointing it out.

Strange, waking dreams/visions have been coming to me, and they haven't been pretty.  These aren't 'things' I am thinking of, but appear to me when my mind is at peace (which is rare anymore).  Unpleasant.

Then...

Last night I was thinking about the John Titor thread and decided to post back on Arfcom; I had taken a hiatus since about July.   I come back and see that, in less than 8 hours, it went from 52 to 103 pages, and is now not accessible, but wasn't nuked, either.

Just a strange mish mash of things to take in.   Trying not to put too much stock in it, but there are times I really sit back and wonder.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#16]
In before Tommy101.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#17]
The return of davio, nice.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#18]
OST
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Okay. Join date, post count, and choice of thread to do it in wtf of all time!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#23]
As far as what Tommy101 wrote, I will try my best to recall what he said (the main points anyway)

- By the end of 2015 there would be an 'event.'   This is ambiguous; many things could be an 'event.'  Shortly after he stated that however, the San Bernadino shooting happened.

- Some time in 2018 a strange new fish (or fish-like creature) will be discovered in the Indian Ocean.   It will be significant, IIRC.

- 2016 election kicks off everything; the long-ish fuse to the powder keg gets lit.   2016 gets progressively worse as things progress, but the election opens up the express lane.

- 'Federation' components are already in existence in the world, are active, and are coming together.  Planned Parenthood Federation of America, WFUNA, etc.  Lots of organizations with 'federation' in the name...  Many, many things will try to be pushed on the populace in the name of protecting children, but the big buzzword, the one that should be seen as the sign of the coming enemy, were things being pushed through in the name of sustainability.   T101 said that's the big kicker.

- After the elections are done, buckle up.  It gets bumpy quick, but it's not the full ride yet.

- Said we'd know, unmistakeably, when it's FO time.   He stated there'd be no ambiguity

- Water issues worsen in the west.  Battles escalate into all out wars eventually

- A catastrophic event, I *think* it was an Earthquake, was to hit -- this affects millions.   Violence then hits high gear and the S has effectively HTF, the people cry out for martial law and the newly public federation forces are happy to assist, thus ushering in the new world government, little bits at a time.   The 'savages' oppose the federation viciously.

- About half the military is savage

- .308, 7.62x39, 5.56, etc.  STOCK UP.  Never, EVER, EVER give up your guns.  Die before doing so.  According to T101's narrative, the entire world will envy our RKBA -- we're the only nation with even a semblance of a competent resistance against this, except for...

- Israel.   He never said much about Israel except that when things get bad, they get *real* bad, but then something happens and Israel is not touched by the federation again.   Ever, at least in his timeline.  He divulged nothing more about that.

- Living in the federation will be fantastic, if you're an elite (which many, many of us will not be).  Deplorable conditions otherwise, many hungry, starving.

- When things start to turn south, people will rat you out in a New York Minute - it's an unprecedented level of treachery; people you think you know will suddenly be the snakes you worry about.

- Old-school skills are paramount.  If you can live like it's the 1800's, you will probably fare extremely well.  If you're attached to THIS world, and it's comforts, you have a rough ride ahead.

- Mindset trumps everything.  T101 spoke often of this being an unprecedented paradigm shift in just about every way imaginable.  The horrors we attribute to other countries, or even laud ourselves as having vanquished, suddenly return.  The darkest parts of the human condition ooze forth.  Being able to stomach change, people turning, the unpleasant thought of systems breaking down will be very important.

- Seeds.   I forget the kind, he mentioned a particular kind of seed that was good to stock up on.  Bartering will be huge.

- Don't stand out.   There are more enemies out there than we know once thins break.

Now, going a bit further into his futuristic narrative...

- We face a war against the machines.  Bi-pedal robots.   .50 cal and shotgun slugs - get 'em NOW.  Accordingly to T101, we'll need em.

- Time travel technology is apparently already on the books now but doesn't surface really for another 20 years (IIRC)

- Virtual reality is basically everywhere in the federation.  We are already seeing this happen - Playstation VR, etc.

That's all I can recall for now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Time Cop. Inbound.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#25]
In on 1!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Let's give this one another go!

In on one, before the Federation and/or the savages
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

As far as what Tommy101 wrote, I will try my best to recall what he said (the main points anyway)

- By the end of 2015 there would be an 'event.'   This is ambiguous; many things could be an 'event.'  Shortly after he stated that however, the San Bernadino shooting happened.

- Some time in 2018 a strange new fish (or fish-like creature) will be discovered in the Indian Ocean.   It will be significant, IIRC.

- 2016 election kicks off everything; the long-ish fuse to the powder keg gets lit.   2016 gets progressively worse as things progress, but the election opens up the express lane.

- 'Federation' components are already in existence in the world, are active, and are coming together.  Planned Parenthood Federation of America, WFUNA, etc.  Lots of organizations with 'federation' in the name...  Many, many things will try to be pushed on the populace in the name of protecting children, but the big buzzword, the one that should be seen as the sign of the coming enemy, were things being pushed through in the name of sustainability.   T101 said that's the big kicker.

- After the elections are done, buckle up.  It gets bumpy quick, but it's not the full ride yet.

- Said we'd know, unmistakeably, when it's FO time.   He stated there'd be no ambiguity

- Water issues worsen in the west.  Battles escalate into all out wars eventually

- A catastrophic event, I *think* it was an Earthquake, was to hit -- this affects millions.   Violence then hits high gear and the S has effectively HTF, the people cry out for martial law and the newly public federation forces are happy to assist, thus ushering in the new world government, little bits at a time.   The 'savages' oppose the federation viciously.

- About half the military is savage

- .308, 7.62x39, 5.56, etc.  STOCK UP.  Never, EVER, EVER give up your guns.  Die before doing so.  According to T101's narrative, the entire world will envy our RKBA -- we're the only nation with even a semblance of a competent resistance against this, except for...

- Israel.   He never said much about Israel except that when things get bad, they get *real* bad, but then something happens and Israel is not touched by the federation again.   Ever, at least in his timeline.  He divulged nothing more about that.

- Living in the federation will be fantastic, if you're an elite (which many, many of us will not be).  Deplorable conditions otherwise, many hungry, starving.

- When things start to turn south, people will rat you out in a New York Minute - it's an unprecedented level of treachery; people you think you know will suddenly be the snakes you worry about.

- Old-school skills are paramount.  If you can live like it's the 1800's, you will probably fare extremely well.  If you're attached to THIS world, and it's comforts, you have a rough ride ahead.

- Mindset trumps everything.  T101 spoke often of this being an unprecedented paradigm shift in just about every way imaginable.  The horrors we attribute to other countries, or even laud ourselves as having vanquished, suddenly return.  The darkest parts of the human condition ooze forth.  Being able to stomach change, people turning, the unpleasant thought of systems breaking down will be very important.

- Seeds.   I forget the kind, he mentioned a particular kind of seed that was good to stock up on.  Bartering will be huge.

- Don't stand out.   There are more enemies out there than we know once thins break.

Now, going a bit further into his futuristic narrative...

- We face a war against the machines.  Bi-pedal robots.   .50 cal and shotgun slugs - get 'em NOW.  Accordingly to T101, we'll need em.

- Time travel technology is apparently already on the books now but doesn't surface really for another 20 years (IIRC)

- Virtual reality is basically everywhere in the federation.  We are already seeing this happen - Playstation VR, etc.
That's all I can recall for now.

View Quote
Pretty good recap.  

He basically said that major cities were Federation hubs and the rural areas were savage.  A lot of his replies were "this area is Federation or this area is savage".  

Talked a lot about just being mentally prepared.  

Tommy, would be pretty great to get a recap of your own.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Ost

Hope this is better than most sequels
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah T101 spoke a lot regarding territories.  I will TRY to recall what parts are savage/federation, but note that I don't remember the exact topography - feel free to keep me honest:

- Florida is a shithole, but mainly due to malaria and seriously whacked out cannibals.  Federation presence in south FL, but overall it's pretty much a no-go zone, just too dangerous all around.  He advised a "pro tip: Stay out of Florida" in his narrative.  I remember that one well.  Lots of entertainment areas that get bombed - badly.

- Mississippi is DEEEEEP savage.  I remember him stating this numerous times.

- New England is very much Federation.

- IIRC, the west coast is not really a happy place.  Lots of Federation, but lots of drought and water-related issues.

- I think Denver was a Federation stronghold, but there is overwhelming Savage resistance, so much so that they can't really spread.   LOTS of conflicts based on water, too.  Very deadly area.

(Oh - forgot to mention - flying/flights - federation only)

- Arkansas (or somewhere near there?) is very poisonous -- something happens to a water supply there and many people are sickened, and many die from that sickness.

- Texas is very much savage, but I don't recall he spoke of it as intensely as he did Mississippi --  I think there were some Federation attempts at controlling Texas resulting in numerous conflicts.  I don't recall for sure.

- Large cities in general -- Chicago, et al. -- Federation; it's almost a given.   Due to the surging violence the people in these areas will be screaming for the then-nacent Federation Force assistance

That's all I can recall.  Please chime in if you remember specifics.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh, remember - everything, buying and selling included, is controlled by the Federation.  The 'mark of the beast' is required, if you will.

If you're savage like I am, it won't matter anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Neat
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:08:23 PM EDT
[#33]
There was a civil war map with occupied US territories with green, yellow and red. Anyone have that image/map?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I remember the art bell shows on this. Was entertaining.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#35]
In on one, this time.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#36]
In for more doom and gloom.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Posting from now for you to read in the future...
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

lol, I remember.

In before I get banned.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The return of davio, nice.
View Quote

A '14'er who knows about this?

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:30:30 PM EDT
[#40]
In on 1

(from tomorrow)
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#41]
In on 1

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#42]
IN!

Again!

Or not.

Or before.

Or after.

Or am I.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#43]
On 1
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#44]
In on 1?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey everyone I'm posting in this thread cause I just got a bunch of messages in my inbox about what happened to the John Titor thread and that I was a major player in it. Im trying really hard to remember and I vaguely remember it but it seems like it was 20 years ago or something. I always leave clues and hardcopies of everything and i do remember what my clues are so I will figure it out.

Everyone keeps asking me what my last post was and all I remember is a picture of the screen in my mind where someone asked, "where have you been we thought you went awol?" I then replied, "Ive been real busy lately, right now its the calm before the storm, its very peaceful right now" "compared to whats coming". (This very last quote I'm not sure about but it keeps popping up in my mind.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hey everyone I'm posting in this thread cause I just got a bunch of messages in my inbox about what happened to the John Titor thread and that I was a major player in it. Im trying really hard to remember and I vaguely remember it but it seems like it was 20 years ago or something. I always leave clues and hardcopies of everything and i do remember what my clues are so I will figure it out.

Everyone keeps asking me what my last post was and all I remember is a picture of the screen in my mind where someone asked, "where have you been we thought you went awol?" I then replied, "Ive been real busy lately, right now its the calm before the storm, its very peaceful right now" "compared to whats coming". (This very last quote I'm not sure about but it keeps popping up in my mind.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:46:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Yeah, I don't think that was your last post.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:50:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, I don't think that was your last post.
View Quote

No your wrong, someone asked where i had been and I replied, " ive been real busy lately, its the calm before the storm, its very peaceful right now". That screenshot is in my head.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:50:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Well this is neat.  WTF happened to the first thread?
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Inz

Tommy101...it almost sounds like youve been drugged...that maybe you disappeared for a while...you ok?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top