Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 4:34:49 AM EDT
[img]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2003-06/8272240.jpg[/img]
A Pinellas County sheriff's deputy shows a .50 caliber sniper rifle removed from the residence of Seminole podiatrist Dr. Robert Goldstein Thursday. Several weapons and explosives were taken from the Goldstein home.
[url]www.sun-sentinal.com[/url]

[img]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2003-06/8272333.jpg[/img]Goldstein's weapons
Authorities Baker-Acted Seminole podiatrist Dr. Robert Goldstein Thursday after they found homemade bombs and weapons inside his home at 9209 Seminole Blvd.

A Pinellas County podiatrist who amassed weapons and a list of 50 Islamic centers throughout Florida was sentenced on Thursday to 121/2 years for plotting to bomb a mosque in retaliation for the Sept. 11 attacks and ongoing suicide bombings in Israel.
View Quote

[url=http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-cterror20jun20,0,4505092.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines]the rest of the story[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
never mind the link
From the way the story reads this guy has a lot of screws that need to be tightened.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Lock him in a room with Osama, and let two problems solve each other.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 7:28:50 AM EDT
[#3]
isnt this story 18 months old?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know, it was in today's newspaper here.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
The guy was just prescient.  It is going to happen sooner or later, the two belifs are not able to co-exist.

Its gonna be us or them, which do you choose?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]He just got 12 years.[/b]

[url]http://www.sptimes.com/2003/06/20/Tampabay/Bomb_plot_sentence__1.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The guy was just prescient.  It is going to happen sooner or later, the two belifs are not able to co-exist.

Its gonna be us or them, which do you choose?
View Quote

Hielo!

how the heck have you been?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#9]
So where is the problem ?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I have been good, just busting my ass with the markets for the past 6 months.  Things are getting back to normal now, so I can let things go on autopilot for a while .
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#11]
What's with all the paper bags?  Are they full of dog shit for some serious ring and run?  
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's with all the paper bags?  Are they full of dog shit for some serious ring and run?  
View Quote

Pig shit, man, pig shit.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#13]
The head of the JDL, irv rubin and JDL member earl krugel were both arrested and charged with the same thing back in December. If you rationalize these types of domestic terrorist plots against innocent U.S. citizens as somehow being noble and justified, then you are no different than al qaeda.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Ha! That's my old neighborhood! Dumbass got caught, but I wonder how...
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:54:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I wonder why he didn't go thru with it?

I am glad they caught him the last thing we need is a huge war between the jews and arabs in the USA.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#16]
If we had our priorities straight, the CIA would have recruited this shit head for an overseas suicide mission.  

Either he goes out Dirty Dozen Style or he gets a .22 uncerimoniously placed in his medulla oblangata.  His choice.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#17]
oh BTW,,his wife ratted him out,,that is how they found out.she thought we would go through it,,IMO i dont think so , i think he was a sofa commando, he had the funds so he bought all the big boy toys.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ha! That's my old neighborhood! Dumbass got caught, but I wonder how...
View Quote

His wife ratted him out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#19]
yipper, his wife was scared or sumthin like that,,i think at first they were goin to get her as part of it. but yeah , she called sumone bout it,they said that when it first happend...this doc had a footand gun fetish..rflmao
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
yipper, his wife was scared or sumthin like that,,i think at first they were goin to get her as part of it. but yeah , she called sumone bout it,they said that when it first happend...this doc had a footand gun fetish..rflmao
View Quote

and he was gonna have his friend the dentist drive him around!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#21]
how was the wife scared if she herself had bombs?

Maybe it was a baseball insider who didn't like the idea of his book exposing steroids, and wanted to stir shit up by bullshitting the cops about his LEGALLY POSESSED weapons.
The bombs and other parts of it may have unfolded later in the investigation for all you really know.

The only thing he should have been charged with is illegal weapons posession (the bombs), and conspiracy to commit a felony.
Maybe if I were muslim, or a prosecutor who just wants to win a case and nothing more, I might have thought differently of this entire case.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If we had our priorities straight, the CIA would have recruited this shit head for an overseas suicide mission.  

Either he goes out Dirty Dozen Style or he gets a .22 uncerimoniously placed in his medulla oblangata.  His choice.  
View Quote

I got nothing better to do sign me up for a dirty dozen style mission, hell i got the other 11 to come with me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#23]
The glaring absence of the "T" word to describe this guy and his co-conspirators is what sets off my "what the hell!?!!" alarm. These guys [i]are[/i] being handled with kid gloves.

This story has been so quiet and un-reported that few of you have even heard of it, until now. Why is that? Why no press conferences from Attorney General John Ashcroft? Why has there been little or no mention of this on abcnnbcbsfoxnews? It didn't even go across the ticker on the bottom of the screen.

I'm sure most of you haven't even heard about Imbro's reference to the ADL members who were plotting to bomb a US Congressman's office as well as religious and community centers. Why?

Why aren't you getting all riled up against terrorists now? What is your definition of "Terrorism" anyway?

I think those Muslims are correct if they feel that these issues are "underinvestigated by law enforcement and underplayed in the media." The question, however, is "why?"

From the article:
Authorities soon found the list of mosques, a meticulous plan of attack and the stated objective: "Kill all `rags' at this Islamic Education Center -- ZERO residual presence -- maximum effect." ...Goldstein created a diagram with instructions to storm the main building and "shred" Muslims with a submachine gun, to detonate bombs to kill survivors, and to set trip wires to explode if anyone escaped to the parking lot. [red]Other trip wires would deter arriving police cars...[/red]
View Quote

Maybe you think it's ok if he blew up some Muslim kindergarteners, but do you condone his plan for the responding officers, too?

This guy wasn't just talking about "gas stations" or "mechanic shops," this 3-man cell was planning some real shit with home-made bombs, maps, and written plans.

For those of you who have been quiet in your condemation of this: Why so hypocritical on this issue? And for those armchair-assasins who support this type of action and spout off about doing the same thing, who's stopping you?

Quoted:
The only thing he should have been charged with is illegal weapons posession (the bombs), and conspiracy to commit a felony.
View Quote

Yeah. Tell that to the people who didn't have any bombs or plans for terrorist activities who haven't even been charged with anything and are sitting in jail now.

(sorry about the long, rant-like thread... but damn.)
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#24]
i live where this story takes place..it is all over the news,,it was when it first happend,,and when it was 1st reported,, they said the wife got wigged out and called cops on him..
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Both this guy, and the two in California stories were widely reported all over the country. If you missed them, I guess your head was somewhere else that week.

I would also point out that the authorities caught these guys, no attacks took place and no "innocent little muslim children" were attacked, much less injured.

I really don't give a damn if John Ashcroft talked about these cases, or any of the Muslim conspiracies, or not.  I have come to believe that he is a complete idiot, and one of the most dangerous people in America, so I couldn't care less about what he says about caught terrorists.  On the other hand, I give a large damn about his attempts to take away the Constitutional rights of American citizens, and the Second Ammendment, much as I treasure it, is only one of Ten. I treasure them all equally.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't know, it was in today's newspaper here.
View Quote

Yes, that story is [b]OLD[/b]....Hmmm, wonder if the newspaper is trying to "remind" us all that gun owners are "whackos" who want to allow semi-automatic, highly accurate, spray-n-pray, anti aircraft, baby killing, assault machineguns back on the "streets" in 2004.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This story has been so quiet and un-reported that few of you have even heard of it, until now. Why is that? Why no press conferences from Attorney General John Ashcroft? Why has there been little or no mention of this on abcnnbcbsfoxnews? It didn't even go across the ticker on the bottom of the screen.

View Quote

Actually...it was all over the news when it happened.
It was a good while ago.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I would also point out that the authorities caught these guys, no attacks took place and no "innocent little muslim children" were attacked, much less injured.
View Quote

Same result as with the truck driver that was recently caught. But why treat them differently?

I really don't give a damn if John Ashcroft talked about these cases, or any of the Muslim conspiracies, or not. I have come to believe that he is a complete idiot, and one of the most dangerous people in America, so I couldn't care less about what he says about caught terrorists. On the other hand, I give a large damn about his attempts to take away the Constitutional rights of American citizens, and the Second Ammendment, much as I treasure it, is only one of Ten. I treasure them all equally.
View Quote

I think we're on the same page here, but what do you think about "how" those rights are being taken from us? What that "idiot" says and doesn't say about caught terrorists (including who is and isn't labeled "terrorist") has a lot to do with "how" the theft of those Constitutional rights is seen as justified in the eyes of many. Build up the boogie-man of al-Quada with press conferences, etc.. while ignoring or playing down other equally devestating terroristic conspiracies, has a lot to do with how peoples' perceptions are molded and then exploited.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
abcnnbcbsfoxnews? Try www.WhatReallyHappened.com
View Quote

from www.WhatReallyHappened.com :
6/20/03 Why No Objection to Israel’s WMD? Israel has said that it is not yet time to look at its nuclear arsenal and weapons of mass destruction because it has not yet attained permanent security and peace. As a result, Israel has become a depot for nuclear, chemical and biological weapons threatening the security of Arab, Asian and European countries. Does Israel require this large arsenal of banned weapons?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Red_Beard, while you pose a good question, "Why No Objection to Israel’s WMD?" you might want to start a fresh thread for it.   [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top