Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 4:13:28 AM EDT
I'm reading the fifth installement in the series and I must admit that I'm quite shocked. The content of the "order of Phoenix" is definitely not for kids. The romance between an openly gay first grade student and Harry Potter is quite unusual for kids book.
And what about Ron becoming addicted to "Magic Meth" and stealing other kids books and animals to support his expensive habit? Of course he gets magically cured by professor Snape ...
The rape of Hermione by Dementors (?) is quite graphic, I'm not sure how they gonna make that in a movie ...
I'm sure I gonna find more as I read the book.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:19:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Rowling has said the books will get more adult as she writes them.

The sixth is supposed to be the scariest of all.

Harry Potter drops out of Hogwarts, has to marry a pregnant McGonicle, and is saddled with a life time of rugrats and broom & house payments.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
...The romance between an openly gay first grade student and Harry Potter is quite unusual for kids book.
The rape of Hermione by Dementors (?) is quite graphic, I'm not sure how they gonna make that in a movie ...
View Quote

For a minute there I thought you said, ' The rape of Hermione by Democrats...' [:D] Nevertheless....

WHAT???? My daughter (13) of course wants to read this book, but what the hell!? This is a bit much, especially with all the marketing of the toys to kids. Will they come out with a "Harrys Homo Experience" or "Gangbang Hermione" playset too?

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm reading the fifth installement in the series and I must admit that I'm quite shocked. The content of the "order of Phoenix" is definitely not for kids. The romance between an openly gay first grade student and Harry Potter is quite unusual for kids book.
And what about Ron becoming addicted to "Magic Meth" and stealing other kids books and animals to support his expensive habit? Of course he gets magically cured by professor Snape ...
View Quote

How are you reading that book it's not suposed to be out till Sat.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How are you reading that book it's not suposed to be out till Sat.
View Quote

Vee haff vays :)
Now if you excuse me, I'll go and watch "Terminator 3 - The Rise of the Machines". ;)
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:35:41 AM EDT
[#5]
yah probley the same ways that let me "see"  matrix reloaded, without ever having to leave the house.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

[img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/trave_abc/smilie_l.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/trave_abc/smilie_m.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/trave_abc/smilie_a.gif[/img][img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/trave_abc/smilie_o.gif[/img]!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Its all part of the liberal agenda.  You are lulled into believing that a little bit won't hurt you.  Then BAM, you're addicted.

I guess the preachers were not all wrong in their criticism of the first ones.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:46:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Just got word that Hasbro wont be releasing the 'Gangbang Hermione' playset until she's 18 [;)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:44:09 AM EDT
[#9]
She collaborated with Hunter S. Thompson this time, I heard.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]
This is why the Soccer moms and conservatives Christians were so against the series coming out "for Kids" in the first place.

You get the children hooked with some playful magic and a great story, then you SLOWLY pile on the deviance. Eventually it get's so bad most people won't let their kids read the stuff.

Most parents shouldn't read it at that point. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, and people said the SAME thing about Chaucer.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn, how did that info sneak out? That was supposed to be a secret! Oh well, might as well post some snippets then.

[i]"As your attorney, I advise you to try the Fairy Dust with the cherry/anchovis flavor first," muttered Ron. "Oh do be quite, old chum,", replied Harry Pothead, "I know what I'm doing." This latter statement could clearly be disregarded, seeing how the Red Shark  careening down the motorway was pretty much out of control.
"Watch out for the messenger owls!", Hermione screamed! Baffled, Ron and Harry looked around but couldn't see any such creature as described by the nubile girl. "Don't you see them? They are everywhere!"...[/i]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn, how did that info sneak out? That was supposed to be a secret! Oh well, might as well post some snippets then.

[i]"As your attorney, I advise you to try the Fairy Dust with the cherry/anchovis flavor first," muttered Ron. "Oh do be quite, old chum,", replied Harry Pothead, "I know what I'm doing." This latter statement could clearly be disregarded, seeing how the Red Shark  careening down the motorway was pretty much out of control.
"Watch out for the messenger owls!", Hermione screamed! Baffled, Ron and Harry looked around but couldn't see any such creature as described by the nubile girl. "Don't you see them? They are everywhere!"...[/i]
View Quote

For some reason the [red]Harry Pothead[/red] makes me think your reading the spoof. I see now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:06:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For some reason the [red]Harry Pothead[/red] makes me think your reading the spoof. I see now.
View Quote

Actually, [i]I[/i]'ve made up all of it; both the "review" above, and the paragraph I "quoted".
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#15]
damn your good- you are now appointed the propaganda minister
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Very, very funny!

Just getting ready for another round of hair-pulling and teeth-gnashing from the "anti-demon worshipping" folks?

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:21:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Fear and Loathing at Hogwarts?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#19]
A series based on black magic and sourcery...

This suprises you that once the author got kids and parents hooked on the premise that it would turn the direction it was really meant to go?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#20]
"When the going gets weird, the wierd turn pro."
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#21]
You guys that think Harry Potter promotes demom worship have never read the books.   My bosses kids loved them, so i read them to see what it was all about.  they are good books.  The good guys win because they are smart, loyal to each other, and pure of heart.  

Lighten up, its just a fairy tale, no different than mother goose.

i think rawling is pretty smart to make each book longer.  "Pheonex" is like 900 pages.  She is getting kids to read.  "War and Peace"  isnt such a big deal, if you are used to reading long books.  Maybe the Harry Potter generation will not be the "Jack Ass/MTV" watching morons that are growing up now.

Ben, The_Emu
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#22]
witches that ride brooms,  looks like penis envy to me
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#23]
"Lighten up, its just a fairy tale"

According to what Kar98 posted, you would be correct in that assessment.
"The romance between an openly gay first grade student and Harry Potter is quite unusual"

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"Lighten up, its just a fairy tale"

According to what Kar98 posted, you would be correct in that assessment.
"The romance between an openly gay first grade student and Harry Potter is quite unusual"

View Quote

Kar98 is talking out his a$$. he hasn't  read the book.    
Quoted:
Actually, I've made up all of it; both the "review" above, and the paragraph I "quoted".
View Quote

Ben, The_Emu
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Actually, [i]I[/i]'ve made up all of it; both the "review" above, and the paragraph I "quoted".
View Quote
[ROFL2]

You are [devil]

[beer] Well done!

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#26]
[lol]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#27]
he made up the review, but did he read the book first?

it's probably available on irc #bookwarez

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#28]
aww shit man,

when did #bookwarez become "invite only"

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
aww shit man,

when did #bookwarez become "invite only"

View Quote

Since people where blabbing about it. It's still on the same server, but the channel name has changed. IM me.

And no, I haven't read it yet. None of the 5,000 copies stolen in England have made it into the hands of a scanner, so we'll have to wait til it's officially on sale, and then maybe another week, tops, to find it all over the place. Don't fall for the fan-fic version, though.

"Harry Potter and the Dueling Club"

HARRY GETS ME a spot on the Griffindor Quidditch Team, after that Harry's pushing a wand in my mouth and saying, the first step to eternal life is you have to die. For a long time though, Harry and I were best friends. People are always asking, did I know about Harry Potter.
The tip of the wand pressed against the back of my throat, Harry says "We really won't die."

With my tongue I can feel the silencer holes we drilled into the shaft of the wand. Most of the noise a Killing Curse makes is expanding gases, and there's the tiny sonic boom Death makes because it travels so fast. To make
a Silent Killer, you just drill holes in the shaft of the wand, a lot of holes. This lets the magic escape and slows Death to below the speed of sound.

You drill the holes wrong and the wand will blow off your hand.

"This isn't really death," Harry says. "We'll be legend. We won't grow old."

I tongue the wand into my cheek and say, Harry, you're thinking of ghosts.

The tower we're standing on won't be here in ten minutes. You take a 98percent concentration of hot dragon's blood and add that to three times that amount of bubotuber pus. Do this in an ice bath. Then add salamander sweat drop-by-drop with an eye dropper. You have Wizard's Bane.

I know this because Harry knows this.

Mix the Bane with sawdust, and you have a nice magic explosive. A lot of folks mix their Bane with niffler wool and add banshee salts as a catalyst.
This works too. Some folks, they use paraffin mixed with Wizard's Bane.
Paraffin has never, ever worked for me.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I think JK Rowling is hot for an older broad....
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#31]
In the next book Potter explains how to make Crystal Ball Meth, and Dragons Cokvain.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I just got a email from a friend who really ready the book.  The person who gets killed is "Black."  

Racism?
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
[ROFL2]

You are [devil]

[beer] Well done!

View Quote

Well fer Crimininny!!! [:D]

well done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top