Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2003 4:13:07 AM EDT
Monday I had to fire an employee.  He was long-time friend of my partner.  It was very hard.  After the deed was finished I could not concentrate on work.  It was lunchtime so, I went to the local gun store.

When I returned, my bookkeeper asked if I was alright.  I said, "Yeah, I went to the gun store and it took my mind off of it."  She said, "Oh my goodness, you went to the gun store.", and rolled her eyes.

Now, she is 60 yo.  Her father hunted, her husband used to hunt and her sons hunt.  It just hit me this morning that her first thought was, "He's mad and went to the gun store and thought about killing somebody."

THAT is what the media and the liberals are teaching us.  

Guns = Violence

My only thoughts were, "I like guns and looking at and handling some would definitely get my mind off of the bad situation."
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:18:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Fire her too. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:18:32 AM EDT
[#2]
ask her what her first thought was.

i bet it went something like this.
poor guy went to the gun store.  i bet my father, husband or one of my sons would hve done the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Seeking temporary relief from stress in an enjoyable activity is perfectly normal.

In the past when I'd get home from a really stressful day at work my wife would tell me, "Go ride your motorcycle."  I always came home with a smile on face.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:12:18 AM EDT
[#4]
My only thoughts were, "I like guns and looking at and handling some would definitely get my mind off of the bad situation."
View Quote

Did you tell her that? You should have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top