Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2003 6:03:25 PM EDT
...how proud I am of my little boy.  [:D]
The kid is six years old, just finished kindergarten, but he can read on a third grade level, write (a little sloppy with keeping it in the lines but he can spell most basic words) and is drawing really well for his age.
He's pretty strong-willed and independent, but I look at other kids out there and realized that he is also pretty polite and well-behaved.
He has always been afraid of being in water over his head, and the last two years when we took him to swimming lessons he refused to let go of the instructor when he was in deeper water and wouldn't dive off the diving board.  This year, he dove right off the first time he was up there and is swimming all the way across the pool in the deep end.
But what makes me so proud of him is his taste in music.  I offered to burn him a music CD for him to listen to in his room and his first choices for it were: The Angry American by Toby Keith, Have You Forgotten by Darryll Worley, and God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood.
That's my boy! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Congrats [b]RikWriter![/b]. He sounds like he's off to a great start! You're obviously doing a great job raising him right.

[beer]

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Congrats [b]RikWriter![/b]. He sounds like he's off to a great start! You're obviously doing a great job raising him right.

[beer]

View Quote

Well, I taught him how to read and he probably gets his taste in music from me, but I can't take credit for his behavior.  At his age, I was a little stinker!  [}:D]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that's what I want to hear about kids today!
The best education happens at home![;)]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You still are......[devil]
Sons do make a man stand a little taller.  Congratulations.  How's his marksmanship?  Ops
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
You are truly blessed. And don't kid yourself, it is due in no small part to his upbringing. Congratulations on a job well done!
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:28:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats, Rikwriter!  You done good.  Children are a reflection of their parents.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:47:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats, RikWriter!  Aren't kids great. (So are grandkids.)

I believe that God gives us children so that we can love them and get just a glimpse of how much He loves us.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:48:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Way to go! It is so cool to see your kids master tasks.
My kids are such a contrast when it came to swimming.  My 7 y/o started swimming lessons when she was 5 and took to it like crazy.  She has been on a competitve swim team for the past two years.  My 5 y/o by contrast has been in swimming lessons for a year and will still barely let go of the instructor.  She is afraid of everything with the exception that she will do piano and dance recitals up on stage in front of hundreds of people. Go figure.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Thats cool ...[:d]

One of the best things a parent can do is to drown proof him or her. This could save his life or he could save someone elses someday.

Does he sing the" Put a boot up your ass " part when shopping or at school ?
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thats cool ...[:d]

One of the best things a parent can do is to drown proof him or her. This could save his life or he could save someone elses someday.

Does he sing the" Put a boot up your ass " part when shopping or at school ?
View Quote

Welll, he knows that's a crude word so he usually refrains.  I try to at least get him to avoid saying it at school or in front of my mother...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top