Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 10:28:10 PM EDT
As on ongoing effort to help out people here is an advisory.

Just got this email:

Subject: BestBuy Order #1095619. Fraud Alert.

Dear customer, 

Recently we have received an order made by using your personal credit card information. 
This order was made online at our official BestBuy website on 06/17/2003. 
Our Fraud Department has some suspicions regarding this order and we need you to visit a special Fraud Department page at our web store where you can confirm or decline this transaction by providing us with the correct information. 
This e-mail address has been taken from National Credit Bureau. 

Click the link below to visit a special Fraud Department page to resolve the cause of the problem.  
http://www.BestBuy.com/fraud_department.html

===================================================================== 
ORDER# 1095619 - STATUS: SUSPENDED 

ITEMS PURCHASED 
Item No: 73890 
CDA-9815 In-Dash CD Player/Ai-Changer Controller 
Price: $387.65   Qty: 2   Total: $775.3 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
The order listed above has not yet been processed. 
The reason for the delay in processing your order is: 

- UNVERIFIED SHIPPING ADDRESS 

- Information provided: 
  Shipping 
  41 WINHAM ST 
  Staten Island, NY  10306 
  United States 
  phone# 206-337-9843 

In our effort to deter fraudulent transactions, we need your help in providing us with the correct information. Your prompt response is needed to avoid any unauthorized charges to your credit card.

Click the link below to visit a special Fraud Department page to resolve the cause of the problem.  
http://www.BestBuy.com/fraud_department.html
View Quote

Turns out it is nothing but a scam and when you click the link it redirects you to here:

http://www.digitalgamma.com/fraud.html

There it asks you to enter your CC# and other vital info. I called BestBuy.com about this crap and they were aware of what is going on and are starting an investigation. If you did go to that site and send any CC info, BestBuy.com advises that you contact your bank immediately.

Please remember this assistance when mr. ad hominem starts in on his false and hate filled accusations about me.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
All scammers can burn in the furthest depths of hell.

Thank you for this public service message.   Your contribution to this site is noted.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently something has been done about it because the link no longer works.

[img]edjones7.home.mchsi.com/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Turns out it is nothing but a scam and when you click the link it redirects you to here:

http://www.digitalgamma.com/fraud.html
View Quote

well perhaps the word [b]fraud[/b] in the URL should have been a clue- wtf??
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:52:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, You can stay around for a day or two now.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:10:56 AM EDT
[#5]
got the same thing last night. i tried every way i could think of to look at there redreict and then gave up. i also foward the whole thing to best buy. thanks for the heads up. im somwhat releaved to see some one else get the message. Ronald
edited to correct the way it read. i still left the spelling mistakes. what can i say i cant spell.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Please remember this assistance when mr. ad hominem starts in on his false and hate filled accusations about me.
View Quote

If you would stop your "false hate filled accusations" about every other topic, that wouldn't happen.  Poor Imbrog...everybody is out to get him... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:18:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought this was about Best Buy scamming. Like how they mess with anything on interst free, so that you never pay it off in time.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
got the same thing last night. i tried every way i could think of to look at there redreict and then gave up. i also foward the whole thing to best buy. thanks for the heads up. im somwhat releaved to see some one else get the message. Ronald
edited to correct the way it read. i still left the spelling mistakes. what can i say i cant spell.
View Quote

I got it last night, too.  I emailed Best Buy and haven't gotten a response yet - probably because they've been getting so many questions.

I can't believe I'm saying this, "Thank you, Imbroglio"
CR
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I got the email this morning.

I forwarded it to some BestBuy website sales contacts.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:39:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Domain name: digitalgamma.com

Registrant Contact:
  eNom, Inc.
  DNS Admin   ([email protected])
  +1.4258838860
  FAX: +1.4253760888
  16771 NE 80th Street
  Suite #100
  Redmond, WA 98052
  US

Note: To help prevent malicious domain hijacking and domain transfer errors, the registrar has protected the registrant of this domain name registrant by locking it.  Any attempted transfers will be denied at the registry until the registrant requests otherwise. The registrant for the name may unlock the name at any time at the current registrar in order for a transfer initiation to succeed.

-hanko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top