Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 6:29:09 PM EDT
Does anyone here know what this item is? It is heavy brass sheet metal. It is 3 13/16" wide and 10" tall. Is it original or a reproduction? Value?

[url=http://www.chanuteks.com/usa/images/coltlrg.jpg]Click here to see larger image[/url]

[img]http://www.chanuteks.com/usa/images/coltsm.jpg[/img]

Thanks HW
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Worthless junk, Ill buy it off ya for $20 [;)]

Actually, take that to an upraiser, I'm sure some Colt fanatic would be more than extatic to pay you a few hundred (or more digets) for it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
See if Colt can help you. Send them an email with the pic as an attachment.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
I looked over their site, but couldn't find a email address.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#4]
This could be a door plate - you know, the part you push on to open an unlatched door. I have a couple of these from Coca-Cola - one original and one reproduction. It looks like your article has small brad-sized holes in the corners. My Coke ones have larger, countersunk holes for screws in six places. If your article is indeed a door plate, it is likely a reproduction not actually intended for use on a door. The other possibility is that is was created solely as a decorative item. In that case, whether it's an original or a reproduction has little bearing, as its value is as a collectible decorative item.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Just guessing, but my guess is that it's an advertising sign given to Gun Dealers in the early 1900's.  It just has "that look" to it...  I"d bet it was fairly limited in the quantity made and distributed as well.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
I looked over their site, but couldn't find a email address.
View Quote

I could not find an email address either.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#7]
So, make a toll-free call, and spend $0.37 to send them a copy of the thing.

Customer Service:
COLT'S MANUFACTURING COMPANY, INC.
Customer Service Department
P.O. Box 1868
Hartford, CT
06144-1868, U.S.A.

Tel: 1-800-962-COLT
Fax: (860) 244-1449

Corporate Office:
COLT'S MANUFACTURING COMPANY, INC.
545 New Park Avenue
West Hartford, CT
06110, U.S.A.

Tel: (860) 236-6311
Fax: (860) 244-1442
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top