Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/17/2003 10:20:31 PM EDT
Man!! You will not believe what happened to me. There is this Taco place that makes the best tacos in the Bay Area and I frequent it quite often. Anyhow, on this particular occasion, there is a hobo standing out there in front of the stand with his hand out. I pay no mind because I'm a heartless bastard, but that is an entirely different story. Anyhow, I get my usual 4 carne asada tacos and walk out so that I can enjoy my tacos in my car. As I take my first bite, I look up only to see mister hobo at my window. It is hot so my windows are down. Our conversation goes something like this:

Hobo: Hey man I just got a job, but I'm not getting paid till next week. could I have ten bucks?

Me:(shocked) WHAT??!!!

Hobo: Well, can I have like ten bucks?

Me: Oh I heard you. You want ten?

Hobo: Well, like five, ten bucks or something?

Me: Ten? Ten? TEN?? You want me to hand you TEN dollars just like that?

Hobo: Yea, I just got a job but I....

Me interupting: Oh I heard you the first time. You want ten bucks? You have to be out of your mind! Get out of here.

Hobo: Alright man, your alright. You don't know me and I don't know you...-unintelligible mumbling...- but could you spare five bucks.

Me (getting irritated): What part of no didn't you understand? Get out of here.

This conversation lasted for about a minute but seemed like an eterenity. The more I think about it the more pissed off I get. Where the hell does this guy get off asking for $10 that I earned. I work hard for my money and he asks me to just hand over money like that. WTF!!! What happened to hobos asking for spare change and saying "God Bless You". This was the first time some bum has asked me for more than a dollar. This happened hours ago yet I'm still seething. If this ever happens again, I will be hard pressed to not kick the living piss out of the bastard that asks for  ten bucks. You guys probably had much worse than this but this is my first shocking experience of this type and probably won't be the last.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
These days with me the converation goes like this, "Hey man can you spare some change?  (me)Hey man can you pay my rent?  Well then I guess were both fucked."
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I got panhandled by 3 gypsies kids and their worthless cunt of a mother at the grocery store.  It went something like this

5 year old gypsy "Mister, can I have some money.  My mom has 8 kids and no job"

Me "Looks to me like your mom only has 3 kids and tell her to get a job instead of sitting around in a parking lot"

*dumb look from gypsy kid*
*nasty look from gyspy mom a few rows over*

I wonder why Hitler threw them in concentration camps????
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]
 When those dirty, filthy, f#cks approach me I sound off with a nice, cruel:  "NO...now get the f*ck away from me!!!" ...you should see the look on their faces...I don't even let them get out " Man, can you sp...."
 I hate bums.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These days with me the converation goes like this, "Hey man can you spare some change?  (me)Hey man can you pay my rent?  Well then I guess were both fucked."
View Quote

[LOL]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Its one of the things I dont like about Phoenix.  The weather down here is too nice for bums, so the scum bags are all over the place.

The worse part is that Ive been working on Bell Road for about a year now and I reccongize alot of them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, you guys are too nice.

I usually say "F*ck no!" and if they persist, "Get the F*ck away from me or I'll beat your f*cking ass!"

I enjoy the colorful banter.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was working on a delivery crew for a big screen TV company, myself and crew boss Adam were fueling up at a gas station in a ghetto area with three other crews . Adam was sitting in the passengers seat eating his breakfast when this black woman walks right up to his window and flat out asks both of us for money. I ignored her while he hands her some change that he had in his pocket, she flips out and screams what the fuck am I going to do with some change! And then throws the coins against the windshield of our truck!! All the other crews saw the whole thing, and all start laughing their asses off at us. Later they tell us that it wasnt the first time that she had done crazy stuff at that gas station.

Yeah the days of "God bless you" are over. Now its SHOW ME THE MONEY!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got panhandled by 3 gypsies kids and their worthless cunt of a mother at the grocery store.  It went something like this

5 year old gypsy "Mister, can I have some money.  My mom has 8 kids and no job"

Me "Looks to me like your mom only has 3 kids and tell her to get a job instead of sitting around in a parking lot"

*dumb look from gypsy kid*
*nasty look from gyspy mom a few rows over*

View Quote

I've never had to deal with them here, but in Europe they are all over the place, especially the train stations.  They will come up and put their hands on you.  Usually when I'd see them coming I would raise my hand showing that if they came any closer they were going to get the back of it.  Worked pretty well.

Sewer Urchin, good thing you weren't in San Fransisco or he would have just dropped his pants and taken a crap on your car.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn- 4 tacos at a time???
With cheese and a big soda?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#10]
The Alaksa Natives sometimes, while sleeping in the post office, ask for a dollar and claim my people owe them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:18:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#12]
What taco joint is this?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#13]
San Francisco PAYS BUMS $400 a month.  Ya gotta wonder -- For what?   Adding ambiance?  Boy, thats some city.  The Mayor some time back wanted the bums to be able to take credit cards.  Now there is a bright man.  They even erected public restrooms so these guys can have a place to deal drugs and have sex.  Thses guys basically squat in these things for a home.  

The Bay Area used to be nice.  Now it's cesspool of  liberal stupidity, and moronic intentions.

I am glad I don't live there.

One thing is for certain -- government programs DO NOT WORK
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 11:49:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Only the Hits, The tacos are pretty small. About 5" in diameter so it's not like a huge Texas Burrito. You know the 2 flour tortilla ones that have asada, onions, and sauce. Four of them fit nicely on a paper plate. Put some radishes, lime and those jalapenos and carrots and you have one damn tasty meal. It would even be better without the fucking hobo.

SeaDweller, I don't know if you are familiar with San Mateo or if you are even from PRK. Where is CYM? But Tacos el Gruense on El Camino Real and Jefferson across from the Barnes n Nobles is the best tacos you will ever have. Ever hands down no contest. And some damn hobo made my meal less enjoyable buy gracing me with his stench.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:01:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I just revert to my natural form for a split second. Gets them everytime.

[img]http://members.aol.com/robotweb/john13.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Only the Hits, The tacos are pretty small. About 5" in diameter so it's not like a huge Texas Burrito. You know the 2 flour tortilla ones that have asada, onions, and sauce. Four of them fit nicely on a paper plate. Put some radishes, lime and those jalapenos and carrots and you have one damn tasty meal. It would even be better without the fucking hobo.

SeaDweller, I don't know if you are familiar with San Mateo or if you are even from PRK. Where is CYM? But Tacos el Gruense on El Camino Real and Jefferson across from the Barnes n Nobles is the best tacos you will ever have. Ever hands down no contest. And some damn hobo made my meal less enjoyable buy gracing me with his stench.
View Quote

I'll test it out thanks!

If some hobo bothers me I'll tell him to play on the CalTrain tracks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#17]
In 1995, my cousin and I went to Amsterdam...to see the Ann Frank museum ofcourse. On the walk to the hotel we were approached by a man in a trench coat and loafers. This is how the conversation went.

Him: Do you have any spare change, i need to
    catch the train.
Me: Sorry, all I have is guilders.
Him: But the train will take my guilders and
    they will kill me.
Me: Well then I won't be responsible for your
   death.
Him: I need to catch the train, so will you
    just kill me yourself?

We saw this guy every day for a week and the conversation went exactly the same way every time we saw him. Amsterdam will f-ck up your brain. He spoke in an english accent.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I was driving down in some run down area in downtown Cleveland a while back and some lady jumped right in front of my car. I hit the brakes and she ran up to my window, almost psychotic, eyes blazing red, quickly talking about how her baby needed diapers and she needed money. Well, she looked pretty high on crack or something, so I wasn't about to help her habit.. but damn, that's some aggressive shit.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:12:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey SeaDweller, make sure that it is [b]tacos[/b] el gruense NOT [b]tacqueria[/b] el gruense. They are both real close to each other and the names are real similar so it is easy to confuse the two. The good one is further south and is on the West side of El Camino.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:28:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey SeaDweller, make sure that it is [b]tacos[/b] el gruense NOT [b]tacqueria[/b] el gruense. They are both real close to each other and the names are real similar so it is easy to confuse the two. The good one is further south and is on the West side of El Camino.
View Quote

Gotcha.

I'll just look to see where the hobos hang out in front of.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:35:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Do I give money to bums?  Read my sigline and ask me again.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Great tagline, Norman.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 3:54:58 AM EDT
[#23]
I just reply " No thank you "
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:06:27 AM EDT
[#24]
"i already gave all of my spare change to the government, piss off"
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#25]
... Obviously panhandle is a way on life, here in NYC.

... But I saw this guy yesterday that had the ticket (until he gets caught I imagine).

... He stood at the front of a busy Post Office and opened the door for you. In his other hand he had his cup. What do you usually have in your hand when you leave the PO counter? Change.

... Bums on the subway here have to get real creative. It's illegal to panhandle on the train. Some get real creative.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:31:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[red]San Francisco PAYS BUMS $400 a month.  Ya gotta wonder -- For what?   Adding ambiance?[/red]  Boy, thats some city.  The Mayor some time back wanted the bums to be able to take credit cards.  Now there is a bright man.  They even erected public restrooms so these guys can have a place to deal drugs and have sex.  Thses guys basically squat in these things for a home.  

The Bay Area used to be nice.  Now it's cesspool of  liberal stupidity, and moronic intentions.

I am glad I don't live there.

One thing is for certain -- government programs DO NOT WORK
View Quote

Would the ambiance you refer to be the smell of stale piss that permeates the air when you walk one block off the Market?   Or is it the ambiance of the mentally il guy arguing with his invisible friends as he walks down the center of the street?   Those are my two most lasting memories of San Fran from when I was there two springs back.....no desire to ever go back again.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:50:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I think the real question is when are we doing a group taco run?  The small Tacos are the TJ style I think.  The only thing I miss about so cal was the 24/7 taco shops that had the little carna asada tacos and al pastor tacos for $.50.  Yummy.  Sure it takes 6-10 of them to fill you up but they are great.  
NoKarma
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:16:17 AM EDT
[#28]
My wife was "worked" by two of them at a gas station recently in Tampa.
I was inside paying for the gas, she was outside cleaning the windows.
The A$$holes thought she was alone and were "backing" her up toward the car.
She called to me as I exited the store, I saw what was going down and started trotting toward her.
They turned as I got about 25 feet from the car and as the ASP baton came out and "extended".
Those A-holes were FAST as they ran off.

Yes, the A-hole factor is increasing!!!
Touch my wife? YOU DIE!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#29]
I went to San Francisco a couple years ago and was waiting for the  trolly. A bum walks up and asks for money. I say no. He asks again. I say no. He asks again, I say get away from me. He asks again, I say "get away from me or I'll kick your ass." He paused and says, "Ok, you can kick my ass for $10."  I burst out laughing and start to reach into my pocket for some change. The trolley comes and I jump on without giving him any money. It was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:02:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Where the hell does this guy get off asking for $10 that I earned. I work hard for my money and he asks me to just hand over money like that. WTF!!!
View Quote

Well, the bum was a hell of alot more reasonable than state or fed gov't. They swipe a third to one half your money (with a gun held to the head of your employer) and don't even ask.  (Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a "free lunch"...I'm happy to pay for those resources/services that I actually use.) But if this bum upsets you, then you ought to be going absolutely ballistic over your withholding or quarterly tax payments.

I understand and 100% agree with your post, but the feds/state are pimping us over on a much larger scale.

Kevin
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:22:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Its one of the things I dont like about Phoenix.  The weather down here is too nice for bums, so the scum bags are all over the place.

The worse part is that Ive been working on Bell Road for about a year now and I reccongize alot of them.
View Quote

Yeah, I work with a guy who used to live in North Dakota.  He said they had bumper stickers up there that said "40 below keeps the trash out".
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#33]
I only wish Patton were still around, he would have kicked some ass!

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, I really don't have much respect for the majority of homeless people.

What I really hate is when they yell at you
"HEy you, come here!"

ohh that makes my blood boil, you can at least work up the damn energy to walk over and ask for change, but to order someone to come ere a minute.

arrghh!

living downtown sucks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:18:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just revert to my natural form for a split second. Gets them everytime.

[url]http://members.aol.com/robotweb/john13.gif[/url]
View Quote

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Some idiot once walked up to me while I was gassing up the Jeep, and asked me if he could "borrow" $5. I just looked at him and said, "Oh, and I suppose you want me to give you my address so you can swing by to pay it back, huh? What are you, stupid? Piss off."
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#37]
We call them trolls down here.  They stand unde bridges and demand money.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Damn- 4 tacos at a time???
With cheese and a big soda?
View Quote

Yeah, but it's a [b]diet[/b] soda, so it all balances out.  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

One of the many great things about living in North Dakota!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone ever seen those fake $100 bills?  They look like a real bill but they're shorter, so when you fold it in half it looks like a real $100 folded in thirds.  That would be fun to hand out to bums.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#43]
This reminds me of an altercation I had with a homeless gentleman a few years back. At the time I lived in the SF bay area in a “not so great” neighborhood. I had a condo that was right on a main street. The front door was only 10-15 feet from the sidewalk. It wasn’t uncommon to see bums walking along or pushing a shopping cart down that sidewalk.
This was a Friday night and I had a buddy over. We were drinking a few beers and playing cards. My friend was a painter so he had done me a favor and painted my front door while he was there. We had the door wide open keeping the wet paint away from the weather stripping.
So…my buddy and I are sitting at my dinning table playing cards and drinking beer… stereo is playing. Now, since this is not a great neighborhood, I had my 12 gauge leaning in the corner kinda like a regular piece of furniture.
Suddenly and totally out of the blue, in through the front door walks this homeless dude. One look and we can see this guy is wasted.
I said “what the f*ck are you doing?”
He says “it’s cool dude, lets party”
I say “get the f*ck out of here and I don’t mean maybe mother f*cker!!!”
He then proceeds to stagger over and sit on my sofa and says “ahhh man, it’s cool dude.”
I stand up. Grab the twelve gage. Jack a round into it….. and walk over to him and put the muzzle about 2” from his forehead.
I then say “I said get the fuck outta here mother f*cker before I blow what little brains you have all over that f*cking wall!!!”
Needless to say…. I’ve never seen a wasted homeless dude move so fast in my life…… just one big black blurrrrr………
Never saw him again.
--RR
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#44]
There used to be laws against agressive panhandling, but the courts usually overturned them.  apparently there is a consitutional right to be a smelly beggar.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Last year I was at War Memorial Stadium waiting for the transit to take me to the hospital, when a guy walked up and knocked on my window. Like a complete dumbass, I rolled down the window.
He told me that his family needed to get to a nearby town and the serpentine belt on their car had broken and he needed $15 to get another one. I was just about to tell him that I was a med student and didn't have any money either, when he told me he had AIDS and even offered to show me his meds. After this all I could think about was getting stabbed with a syringe full of tainted blood. I was belted into the car, with it turned off and the window down. He definatly had me by the short and curlies. I pulled out $5 and gave it to him as fast as I could just to get him out of there. I watched as he climbed the hill back toward the ghetto.
Lesson learned. Never again.
tony
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Amsterdam will f-ck up your brain. He spoke in an english accent.
View Quote

Sounds like you ran in to Max from Midnight Express!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Not hobo related but TACOS!!!

Try LaPerla off of Story and McGinnis in San Jose,  it's behing the Century 21 realator.

Best damn tacos I've ever had,  used to eat there everyday at work,  wouldn't even have to order.  They would see me come in and start making my 4.

Wish we had a taco place worth a damn up here in Sacramento.

Charlie
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

[shock] IBTL! [bounce]

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#49]
My best bum story:

I was in D.C. at the Capitol Ballroom to see Tool.

Shitty neighborhood.  Scumbags all around.  

Well, I park my car in this big vacant lot where everyone else was parking.  

Some jackass walks up to me and asks if he can have $5.  

I said no way.  

He says he'll watch my car for the money while I'm in the concert.  

I didn't want my car fucked up, so I told him if he watches my and if I come out and my car is as I left it, I'd give him $10 for his time.  

Well, about an hour and a half later, I come out to my car.  

The bastard is standing guard there right next to it!

I inspected the car.  All was good, and I gave him $10.  

He earned it.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top