Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 6:05:02 PM EDT
Ok guys i Got some rib eye steaks.This is the first time iv BBQ'd with them and i was wondering what is the best way to BBQ them and make them all TeNdEr and juicy.

Low heat for a long time?or High heat for a short time?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Medium to high heat for a short time. This will sear the outside keeping the juices in. Just don't over cook, a little pink in the middle never hurt anybody. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Smokem and you will be very happy.
I was a doubter till last Turkey Day when my bro the chef of the fam smoked the turkey and baked taters and turned some of them into garlic and chive and smokey chedder cheese mashed taters and since then I have at pig, bambi, buffalo, cow and such all smoked and loved it!!!
And I am the most picky eater that any of my friends know by far, just ask Deadeye47.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
sear the outside, then cook on low and bring to temperature (you can actually have a juicy well-done steak this way)

but if you are hungry, set the gril on medium or high, but you will have a dry and tough steak if you cook it too fast
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]
medium to high heat, a pink cool center makes the best steak, marinating these steaks prior helps too, and pouring some on them during cooking doesnt hurt

marinate would look something like

italian dressing
worsterschire
pepper
season salt
garlic powder
pepper

plus some other crap, but thats your base anyway
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Marinate with terryaki.

Cook about 5 minutes per side on high heat.

Take a pic....

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Order out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.barbecuen.com[/url] is what you want. Great info for free, but his book is worth the 20$. Try his basic rub recipe. Store bought 'sauces' are mostly salt and real men make their own. And real men don't use briquettes(even sounds French!).
Here is the must have info:

[url]http://www.barbecuen.com/have-do.htm[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top