Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 5:11:42 PM EDT
I have 2002 GMC the F'ING thing has been in and out of the shop over the last 2-3 months and is in there NOW!!!! Where does one go to resolve these issues? I have talked to GMC[asswipes] and they tell me the dealers buy the trucks from them and I should deal with them for the majority of the issues [which include but not limeted to the trans. being rebuilt the rearend being rebuilt 4 FOUR TIMES!!!!! And a knock in the motor that was never there before they worked on the Trans. The tech I think IMHO is a nuckle draggin cave man WTF!!! 'Ahem'   My question is where do I go from here? I have been to the dealer 6-7 TIMES in 3-4 months . HELP PG   PS [b][red] GMC SUX ASS[/b][/red]          
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Where does one go to resolve these issues?
View Quote

To your friendly Toyota dealership.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
where do you live? most states have lemon laws and I'm sure your truck qualifies. contact your state dept of consumer protection or the attorney gen'ls office and find out what you need to do.

edited to say, buy a ford.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
where do you live? most states have lemon laws and I'm sure your truck qualifies. contact your state dept of consumer protection or the attorney gen'ls office and find out what you need to do.

View Quote
Yea I know but the truck is registered commercial so it does not qualify [b][red]GMC SUX ASS[/b][/red]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Call and leave a message for the manager at the dealership. When he returns your message, tell him you can't talk to him because your ATTORNEY has advised you not to. Watch how fast they change their tune. My buddy bought an 96 Impala with a warranty, a week later the LT1 engine blew up. The dealership acted the same way with "we can't help you" and "the warranty doesn't cover a blown engine." He called and left a message. When the manger called back my friend told him that his ATTORNEY advised him not to speak with anyone from the dealership.
Ten minutes later, the manager called and said, "we ordered a new LT1 crate motor, so bring it in first thing monday morning."
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Call and leave a message for the manager at the dealership. When he returns your message, tell him you can't talk to him because your ATTORNEY has advised you not to. Watch how fast they change their tune. My buddy bought an 96 Impala with a warranty, a week later the LT1 engine blew up. The dealership acted the same way with "we can't help you" and "the warranty doesn't cover a blown engine." He called and left a message. When the manger called back my friend told him that his ATTORNEY advised him not to speak with anyone from the dealership.
Ten minutes later, the manager called and said, "we ordered a new LT1 crate motor, so bring it in first thing monday morning."
View Quote

worth a shot
have an attorney on speed dial in case
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I like my GMC. No problems whatsoever. It's a very nice trucks. It goes fast. So fast that the old women I killed today probably didn't even see my truck coming. (That was supposed to be funny, becuase it is untrue.)

But yeah! It's my first GMC and if it goes well, it won't be my last.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I own a 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4. I haven't had a single problem whatsoever in the 11,000 miles I have on it. My Dad has a 2001 Chevy Silverado and has had zero problems in 34,000 miles. Your truck must be a lemon[:\]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#8]
holy shit, i LOVED our '96 impala, that car was awesome.  i could still strangle my dad for selling it.  hypertech, borla, cold air, you name it, and it was up for a cam and head work when he sold it.

i also love chevrolet/GMC engines because they're the least complicated to work with, if they cant resolve your issues in over two tries then they're incompetent, try another dealer with a mechanic thats worth a shit.  however, chevrolet will not work on GMC and vice versa is true, though i dont know why

edited to add:  i have a 2001 chevy 4x4 crew cab 8.1L, 72,000 miles.  battery died (ac delco batteries are now notorious for leaking acid, if you have on i suggest replacing it NOW) and i had a crank position sensor go bad (FN computers)  thats it.  and damn that thing can run, 340hp factory stock.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Guys I am fu@#$ pissed right now I do like the truck but am going no where to resolve the issues!! I probably do need a new Mech. [Fu@#$ng ass wipe]   [:O]  Thanks PG
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Propguy, I would agree with others to get a lawyer.  Sounds like you got a lemon.  I would think that a call from a lawyer would get something moving.  As to the toyota comment, my friend bought one and the dealer didn't put the oil plug in after an oil change.  It damaged the engine.  The dealer said it wasn't their problem.  A call to toyota resulted in the same thing and then they had never enough to cancel his warrenty.  toyota sucks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Propguy, I would agree with others to get a lawyer.  Sounds like you got a lemon.  I would think that a call from a lawyer would get something moving.  As to the toyota comment, my friend bought one and the dealer didn't put the oil plug in after an oil change.  It damaged the engine.  The dealer said it wasn't their problem.  A call to toyota resulted in the same thing and then they had never enough to cancel his warrenty.  toyota sucks!
View Quote

Thanks BRO I  think thats the only choice NOW
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]I hear there's some guys in Minerva OH .
who can make sure you never have another
problem with it. [/b]

[img]http://compjrk.home.mindspring.com/bfest12.jpg[/img]

[;D]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Did somebody open up with a minigun on that car?
I hear there's some guys in Minerva OH .
who can make sure you never have another
problem with it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:00:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
Yea I know but the truck is registered commercial so it does not qualify [b][red]GMC SUX ASS[/b][/red]
View Quote

sorry to hear that, then definitely take the other's advice and lawyer up. They should make good on it without it but you probably have no other recourse. good luck and let us know how it works out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks Guys I am fu@#$ pissed right now I do like the truck but am going no where to resolve the issues!! I probably do need a new Mech. [Fu@#$ng ass wipe]   [:O]  Thanks PG
View Quote

Check your PM/Email.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Check your PM/Email.
View Quote

Mail is not working right now I will try later Thanks  PG
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#17]
look around on the internet to see if your state has a lemon law...NC does....I think you have to have trouble with it 3 times...

-HS
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#18]
[url]www.lemonlawamerica.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Thats why I only buy Ford and Dodge trucks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#20]
The retail automotive industry, both new and used, is largely run by unethical businessmen and salesmen.  Unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Propguy, when you purchased the vehicle did you sign an arbitration agreement with the dealer? You know the one that says if we screw you , you cant sue us. Also, is this and envoy, I know alot of guys having problems with theirs.
Tom
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#22]
My 2001 Chevy Z71 Offroad is a total piece of shit.  Rearend sounds like its ready to just fall off or break in half.  The brakes DO NOT FUCKING WORK WORTH A SHIT!!! I've had 3 small fender benders cuz of this goddamn piece of shit.  My new ride is going to be german.. like a Audi TT or Audi S4.  

The truck has around 33000 miles on it and always has small stupid problems that don't reall affect anything except make me go insane.. my window will stick and then grind up.. passenger door doesn't close all the way unless you really slam it.. rattles and all kinds of other stupid things.  I will not buy another american car, truck, or suv.  Gonna be german or japanese.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#23]
So is there another dealer you can take it to?

It may be worth driving a hudred miles or two if it will get fixed right.  Your waraanty should be good at any Chevy/GMC dealer.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the replys lets see what happens   PG
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:24:19 AM EDT
[#25]
[b]Did somebody open up with a minigun on that car?[/b]

why yes...yes, we did. personally, i put a 5-second burst into it...and it felt great!

this year, we have 2 cars, 3 minivans (a ford, a chevy and a chrysler...we are equall opportunity car shredders!), one full size van and a motorhome to blast at.

bulletfest! where all vehicles wind up for their final tuneup!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Propguy, when you purchased the vehicle did you sign an arbitration agreement with the dealer? You know the one that says if we screw you , you cant sue us. Also, is this and envoy, I know alot of guys having problems with theirs.
Tom
View Quote

No its not an Envoy but I am seriously considering a LAWYER I am going fucking nuts trying to run my bus. and deal with these asswipes.  GMC SUX ASS!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I will concur with you on that GMC suck the sweat off of goat testicles....had a 95' gmc sonoma bought new from dealer.   ABS light came on 3 times in first year,  clutch at 52K mi (not my first stick and not hard on it at all), cluster gear in tranny ate itself at 72K, second clutch at 73K, ABS light on final time ABS control unit bad.  Add this to U joints every 35K...no there is no way to grease our u-joints... dealer was a scam and called him to carpet manytimes and made them eat a few bills.  Bought a used '94 f150 x-cab long bed 4x4 with 64000 on it for 7400 last June and dont regret it at all, truck is immaculate one tiny rust spot to deal with this summer and that is it.   Will not go to GMC again way to over priced for what you get.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I will concur with you on that GMC suck the sweat off of goat testicles....had a 95' gmc sonoma bought new from dealer.   ABS light came on 3 times in first year,  clutch at 52K mi (not my first stick and not hard on it at all), cluster gear in tranny ate itself at 72K, second clutch at 73K, ABS light on final time ABS control unit bad.  Add this to U joints every 35K...no there is no way to grease our u-joints... dealer was a scam and called him to carpet manytimes and made them eat a few bills.  Bought a used '94 f150 x-cab long bed 4x4 with 64000 on it for 7400 last June and dont regret it at all, truck is immaculate one tiny rust spot to deal with this summer and that is it.   Will not go to GMC again way to over priced for what you get.
View Quote

Yep as soon as we settle this thats it Fu$kem sunsabitchees!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top