Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 4:06:55 PM EDT
thought i'd check out the local Hummer dealership and take a peek at the H1 - now, of course, they were all ready to sell me the H2 -so I listened, and test drove one of them...

nothing special there...i mean it was a decent ride and all, but for what that vehicle is built on and what kind of $$ they want for that, i'll pass...i tried out the Avalanche about a month or so ago, and i'd pick that over the H2 anyday...

well, onto the real deal - the mighty H1..

one hell of a machine..i only got to take it on the road for a few minutes, but in that short time, I quickly realized that I must find a way to acquire one of these!!

they are surprisingly comfortable and easy to drive, the braking is a little different, but in a few weeks, we are going to take that bad bitch off-road and really see what the Humvee was engineered to do..

anyone out there ever try out the H1 - or does anyone actually own one of these masterpieces???
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish!  I'm still trying to figger out how to get one.

By the time they fall into my price range, there wouldn't be much left to the machine!

I wish they would build a stripped ass down model for those of us who would actually use them.  I want to puke when I see the H2's with BLING BLING rims on them.  What fucking waste!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
thought i'd check out the local Hummer dealership and take a peek at the H1 - now, of course, they were all ready to sell me the H2 -so I listened, and test drove one of them...

nothing special there...i mean it was a decent ride and all, but for what that vehicle is built on and what kind of $$ they want for that, i'll pass...i tried out the Avalanche about a month or so ago, and i'd pick that over the H2 anyday...

well, onto the real deal - the mighty H1..

one hell of a machine..i only got to take it on the road for a few minutes, but in that short time, I quickly realized that I must find a way to acquire one of these!!

they are surprisingly comfortable and easy to drive, the braking is a little different, but in a few weeks, we are going to take that bad bitch off-road and really see what the Humvee was engineered to do..

anyone out there ever try out the H1 - or does anyone actually own one of these masterpieces???
View Quote
Save yourself some grief down the road, buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee or a Wrangler Rubicon, if it is off roading you want to go.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
i swear i saw where you could buy used army H1's for 8500.  granted, these are ragged and didnt have any creature comforts to start with, but a little cusomization and a fresh 500hp big block and you've got a friggin machine
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you see the recent pic of the H2 vs. Dodge(I believe) Truck...In a Head-on???

Both totaled but the H2 was amazingly CRUSHED.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
The H1 has been a nice addition to our military.
There are some very nice vehicles manufactured by GM. Try www.gm-defense.com   Scroll down and check out the tactical vehicles page. This might give you something else to consider. I wonder what additions or mods Jesse James might make on an episode of Monster Garage?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i swear i saw where you could buy used army H1's for 8500.  granted, these are ragged and didnt have any creature comforts to start with, but a little cusomization and a fresh 500hp big block and you've got a friggin machine
View Quote

Now, is that with or without the .50 in the turret?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Driven the HMMWV, H1 and the H2 and all are very capable of their intended purpose.
I am considering buying one or possily 2 of the H2's for business purposes seeings as they will be a very nice tax write off for me too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top