Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2003 5:52:53 AM EDT
Looking for an inexpensive plinker/varminter in .17 HMR. I've heard about the Savage models and I seem to be leaning that way. Do you guys have any comments/recommendations?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
no one shoots the new .17 HMR??
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of .17hmr shooters at rimfirecentral.com, check them out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
my dad wants to buy himself one but he's convinced that they'll lose their popularity and the round will be a bitch to find in the future........................
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The only 17HMR rifle I have fired is a Chipmonk.
Cute little rifle with cute little ammo. I wouldn't call it inexpensive though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get 17HMR for $10 a box; when you can get it.

CCI and Remington are both making it now in addition to Hornady, so the supply should get better.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a Savage that came with a free Bushnell 3x9 scope for $189 out the door. Took it to the range and shot around an inch all day at 100 yrds out of the box. I was able to hit a 3" Shootn see at 200 yrds with about an 8" hold over. Since then I've worked on the heavy trigger some so I can't wait to see how it'll do now. Ammo is hard to find, Hornady is all I've shot so far but I was able to find several boxes of CCI for $9 a box. A month ago I couldn't find any ammo but now the CCI seems to be on the shelves quite a bit. Get yourself one, they're alot of fun.rocko.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top