Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2003 2:27:02 AM EDT
I installed NT on my laptop and can't get rid of it.  It won't let me install win98 in any form or fashion, and NT sucks.  It won't load all the drivers for the laptop, and it doesn't run smoothly.   Damn.  Crap.  Damn.  This sucks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean it won't let you install 98? Boot up from a floppy disk. BY CONTINUING, YOU WILL LOOSE DATA ON YOUR HARD DRIVE. If you have an NTFS partition, use "fdisk" to delete it and create a FAT16/FAT32 partition. Then do an "fdisk /mbr" to overwrite your boot loader. Reboot up to the floppy disk, format the hard drive, using the "/s" option to copy system files. Install Win98 by running "setup" from the CD.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 2:51:31 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

create a nuck disk.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:43:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What do you mean it won't let you install 98? Boot up from a floppy disk. BY CONTINUING, YOU WILL LOOSE DATA ON YOUR HARD DRIVE. If you have an NTFS partition, use "fdisk" to delete it and create a FAT16/FAT32 partition. Then do an "fdisk /mbr" to overwrite your boot loader. Reboot up to the floppy disk, format the hard drive, using the "/s" option to copy system files. Install Win98 by running "setup" from the CD.
View Quote

This is pretty much it...That nuck disk sounds pretty good too, as I last ditch effort. I am gonna play around with it some. Thanks [b]fearlessrogue[/b].

Have you thought of trying XP pro? I have had good luck with it on desktopos and laptops.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top