Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 6:55:05 PM EDT
I wont believe it for sure untill the ticket is in my hand but it looks like its a go on Thursday.
Going as VIP guest of the the Honduran Military.
Any advice? Tips? I mean past "look out for the robbers".
I've been to the CIA and consular websites.
We'll be going to San Pedro Sula.
What about malaria prevention? Costs and methods of?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
There are some scary ass ex-pats down there. I bumped into two Americans who FOR SURE had cleaned somebody out and headed down there. I watched them try to sick their german shephards on a cool little village dog. I told them to fuck off and it about got ugly but I saved old poocher's life![snoopy]

Sorry for the digression. Go see a doc-in-the-box for preventitive medicine. I didn't do anything when I went for prevention but I am vaccinated for a lot of shit. Maybe check CDC or Tulane has a big tropical disease program that may have the posted precautions for travelers. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Brush up on your Spanish
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep a CCW. I honestly have no clue what its like down there in the civilized cities (the one or two?), but since its poor, the law's have got to be lax.
(that is, unless they assign a bodyguard).
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Its possible we will have a translator/bodyguard but I hold no hope for anything I have been prommised until I see it.
Lots of DEET seems to be the malaria prophylaxis since the others need several weeks of pre taking to be effective.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top