Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 4:13:00 PM EDT
I saw a post asking if the other boards hate Arfcomers! It kinda made me laugh, then I got to thinking. Why would anyone think a board hates another board?

Pre-Ban was founded to allow people a wider latitude of expression. Its not oriented to "AR15's" or any particular "type" of firearm like "Glocktalk" etc. It was created to let YOU and ME and our FRIENDS discuss events, and common interests in a more relaxed and open manner. We have almost no rules. As a result, people can freely speak what's on their minds. For better or worse. So far the concept has worked, and after an initial burst of "testing" the forum has settled into a nice niche.
I hope that you don't write us off, based on some 3rd hand implications. We do let people vent when they're mad. And we do let opposing sides "have at it" if thats what they choose to do. But So far I have seen several issues from here resolved there- which is, in my mind, a good thing.

We're all on the same team. We all have common interests. And we all need to support each other.

Come visit us- everyone is welcome. I mean it.

Grock
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought the majority of the members at pre-ban.com are members here.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I wish one of you Preban ppl could answer my damn question,

Why name a pro gun right site "Pre"-ban? If you really belive in people having gun rights it should be NO-Ban .com  Pre banning is just compromising.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I wish one of you Preban ppl could answer my damn question,

Why name a pro gun right site "Pre"-ban? If you really belive in people having gun rights it should be NO-Ban .com  Pre banning is just compromising.
View Quote

Simple- we support the Pre-Ban rights. The Constitution as it was written- not as it has been "adjusted" by those with an agenda...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
i understand your feeling on this.  im admin over at celica.net  and several of my members like to bash on the other celica sites which i quickly rip their ass open.  i dont uderstand why you would want to bash on another site that is of the same subject.  oh well
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like this is heading to THE RING!
OOOPs wrong board.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I made the post.
Most of the members here(including myself) frequent pre-ban.com. My question wasn't to you or the rest of the civilized members [:D], but to certain members who spend a fair amount of there time crying about this site. Have seen a few members spend all their time stirring the pot and thought I would put my comments out there and see how the rest of you felt about it. Jason

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=191219[/url]

**Edited to add link**
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Simple- we support the Pre-Ban rights. The Constitution as it was written- not as it has been "adjusted" by those with an agenda...
View Quote

Fair enough, thanks for answering me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm ARFcom. only.

Can't we all just get along?

I'm trying-R-U?

MM419
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I lurk over ther quite a bit.
Pre Ban.com rocks, the BOTD rocks, the freedom to talk smack rocks, the folks over there rock.
Yup, they are just full of rocks. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I made the post.
Most of the members here(including myself) frequent pre-ban.com. My question wasn't to you or the rest of the civilized members [:D], but to certain members who spend a fair amount of there time crying about this site. Have seen a few members spend all their time stirring the pot and thought I would put my comments out there and see how the rest of you felt about it. Jason
View Quote

As I, and others have noted, We're all on the same team. Many of our members are from here, Including Ire and Myself. We're proud of AR15, its popularity, and what it's founders and supporters have been able to do for the community. Our staff are all AR15.Com folk, but thats not by design. They are just the best people we have found for the roles, and We're damn proud of them too! And our Mods are doing a great job of keeping the doors open, and the lights on....
Its all for you guys, in the end. Both here and there. We do it for you, and we do it for us- its what makes us happy. Its definitely not an "us against them"- them is us!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I can see where this is headed.........[size=5]IBTL !![/size=5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Well Damn, Aimless, Since you put up that Avatar chick .mov nobody has read any of your posts! At least past the first couple words... Answer me one question. Was it shaved?  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:42:34 AM EDT
[#20]
I think more people should vist other sites.

Its helps with bandwith, right . Spread the love.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 6:06:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Just come visit.  There are a couple, literally, of people who are somewhat anti AR15.com.  I love both sites.  There's more technical data and weapon knowledgable people over here.  THere's more BS over there.  We cuss(yes I know it's curse) at each other like friends do over there.  When that happens everyone knows it's a good natured boys will be boys thing.  I've typed too much already.  If this is screwed up forgive me. I just woke up five minutes ago.

TS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top