Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 9:59:36 AM EDT
Every time I give my camera to someone at a match, they screw it up because my camera is confusing as heck and they don't film it the way I want to....

Is there a way you can attach a camera to yourself, belt, your shoulder, whatever the way the skateboarders, snowboarders, etc do?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Helmet cam, it worked for the NFL.

No wait...  It didn't work...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#2]
First, what kind of camcorder is it?

I have wondered why no one has made a Picatinny rail adaptor mount yet for the littl Sony Handicam. The little expensive model that has night vision capability? I would think that it would be a cool thing to bracket it under your barrel.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]
well you get a skate border type helmet.
and 2 1/4-20 nuts 3 washers and about a 3" long bolt.

drill a 1/4" hole in the top or side of the helmet

put a washer on the bolt and stick the bolt thru the hole inside to out.  the head of the bolt will be on the inside and you will have to cut out the foam padding.  thread on a washer and nut and tighten them down to secure the bolt to the helmet.  now thread on a nut and washer on and run them down until they touch the first nut  don't tighten. the camera's mount is 1/4"-20 so carefully thread the camera on the bolt and rotate it until it is facing the right direction.  then run the 2nd bolt and washer up the rod and snug it up to the bottom of the camera.  be sure to get two or more turns of thread in the camera body so it doesn't break.  it's as easy as that.  if you have some plexi glass around the house you can make yourself a B.S. ocular sight for your left eye so you will know exactly what you are looking at.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

drill a 1/4" hole in the top or side of the helmet

View Quote

[b]Make sure your NOT wearing the helment, when you start drilling![/b]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.hosercam.com[/url]

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#6]
You could get a skydive camera helmet:
[img]http://www.dropzone.com/graphics/gear/bonehead_halfrak.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.dropzone.com/graphics/gear/hh_minicam.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.dropzone.com/graphics/gear/2k_ff2_front.jpg[/img]

there are several companies that make them, and many many options.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#7]
superglue.

HEre are the directions:

1- shave head
2- smear camera with superglue
3- stick camera to side of head

viola, of course if you want to skip step one you can.

disclaimer- anyone stupid enough to actually try this deserves what the get from doing it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually, you'd probably be better off getting a non-dedicated camera like those sold at [url=http://www.sports-camera.com/]Sports-Camera.com[/url]  (Note:  I have a U.S. distributor bookmarked at home if anyone actually wants it.)  These are camera tubes that connect to your cam corder.  They are small (a little bigger than a tube of lipstick) and will mount on your gear better.  They connect to your existing camcorder.  You mount the camera to the surface of your choice  (I've seen places that sell hats, headbands, etc. as well as helmet and goggle mounts.)  This will be much better for you to wear than a mini cam corder strapped to your head.

I've been looking into them because I'm gonna mount one in my bike fairing when I decided to do the Ironbutt 1000.  Someday...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually, you'd probably be better off getting a non-dedicated camera like those sold at [url=http://www.sports-camera.com/]Sports-Camera.com[/url]  (Note:  I have a U.S. distributor bookmarked at home if anyone actually wants it.)  These are camera tubes that connect to your cam corder.  They are small (a little bigger than a tube of lipstick) and will mount on your gear better.  They connect to your existing camcorder.  You mount the camera to the surface of your choice  (I've seen places that sell hats, headbands, etc. as well as helmet and goggle mounts.)  This will be much better for you to wear than a mini cam corder strapped to your head.

I've been looking into them because I'm gonna mount one in my bike fairing when I decided to do the Ironbutt 1000.  Someday...
View Quote

you are going to take away future stories his friends will tell.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
First, what kind of camcorder is it?

I have wondered why no one has made a Picatinny rail adaptor mount yet for the littl Sony Handicam. The little expensive model that has night vision capability? I would think that it would be a cool thing to bracket it under your barrel.
View Quote

I knew that empty picatinny rail on my RAS was there for a reason!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:27:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Check out that HoserCam site... that is CRAZY!!  

Would be neat as hell... you can critique yourself after a match.  I'm planning on shooting in a match on Saturday (carbine), and if I have a buddy go with, I'm going to try to borrow my brother in law's digital video camera.  Would be interesting to see everything after the fact.  :)

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Why didn't those idiot journalists use something like this during the war?? They could of gotten much better coverage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top