Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2003 4:42:34 AM EDT
Guess who their favorite American is. Unless the poll has changed this will blow you away.[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/wtwta/2959462.stm [/url]

Homer effin Simpson?  Good Lord.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:51:07 AM EDT
[#1]
He's a better role model than Bill Klinton.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
"Alcohol is a way of life.  Alcohol is MY way of life, and I aim to keep it that way."

"Cats are crapping in our houses and we're not doing anything about it.  That's not America....that's not even Mexico."

-Homer Simpson, uber-american
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
DOH!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:06:38 AM EDT
[#4]
"Fatherhood isn't easy...like motherhood."
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:08:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Im just glad fdr and clinton are at the bottom of the list
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:14:07 AM EDT
[#6]
This is from the same country that when polled about the most important event in English History, they picked the death of Princess Dianna.  She was a gracious woman and popular but, in all their history, that's the most important event?  What about WWII?  If they can't fathom that and need to sum it up in a one day event, how about VE Day?

Their country, culture, and society are dying.

Bilster
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Jeeze, cant you folks tell when we're taking the piss?

After all, you're asking the net generation who the most important american is, we're mostly under thirty, and generally arent used to taking things seriously.

Me? Being slightly older I voted for Mr T :)

What is the more important British contribution to the 21st century; the "important american" vote, or the troops in the Gulf supporting you guys?

Sorry, we'll try to be less irreverant next time.

/PHil
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#8]
What the hell.....[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/joker.gif[/img]  lol
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sorry, we'll try to be less irreverant next time.

/PHil
View Quote

Brits??? Irreverent??? Who would have thought...

Just remind me to nominate 'James Bond' as the most important Englishman the next time such a poll comes up here... [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top