Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 10:26:30 PM EDT
Ok, it's 2304 hours.  Most of the sane people in the neighborhood (wife included) are sleeping (or trying).  Yet this little jackoff is out in the street clanging and banging his fucking skateboard on his homemade "grinding" box, which he likes to leave in the middle of our street (cul-de-sac).

How do I deal with this?  Airstrike?  Tac nuke?  Frozen paintballs?  [}:D]

Suggestions, please....[chainsaw]

OK, OK, I know what I SHOULD do.  Talk to the hellspawn's derelict parental units, call the cops, code enforcement, yadda yadda yadda.  I'm just frigging tired and need to vent.  [|]

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, I would go and ask nicely and try to respect eachother.

Look at it this way, would you rather the kid be hanging out with the bad kids fucking up the houses on your street? Would you rather him do or deal drugs ?

When I was a skater and older people asked me nicley to respect times and/or property I did because they were respecting me. When they acted like assholes and kids themselves I didnt give a fuck what they wanted.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Throw a smoke canister at the punk.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Talking to them would be a good idea. Talking to parents would be a better one. Calling the cops is a crappy one.

Talking to them and then talking to their parents would be best.

This is comming from a former and [b]current[/b] skater.

Longboarding into the sunset...
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
wood burns doesn't it?

Assuming the parents have been talked to, and maybe the cops, next time call your City Coucnlman and tell him that the cops aint been able to solve the problem and ask if he has any suggestions.  How many calls at 2300+ do you think it will take to get his attention refocused on a solution?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Call his parents (look up their phone-number by address... At least with my phone company (SBC), I can do that by going to their online phonebook (www.smartpages.com) and typing in the phone number)...

Call them while he's out doing it...

How many late night calls do you think it will take before they make their little brat behave?

Talking to the kid probably won't do any good, espeically since you're angry...

You'll just come across the same way as our friendly neighborhood 'Lawn Nazi' (You know, the kind who will follow you a block just to yell at you for walking on the public parkway grass in front of his house, and god forbid you set a toe on his precious lawn grass) did when I was a kid (and even recently... He called the police 2 years ago because my parents set off my car alarm and couldn't figure out how to disarm it. This guy is just too ornery to die)... As a stupid grouchy neighbor who is to be ignored & joked about at best, and at worst become the target of practical jokes (these are KIDS, remember)...
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Do what the dad did in "Freddy Got Fingered".
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not the skateboarding that I have a problem with - it's the skateboarding late at night that's pissing me off.  That and leaving his grinding box in the street.  If he did it in his driveway in the daytime I wouldn't give a rat's ass.

Sounds like a talk with the parent(s) will be in order.  Thankfully, they stopped a few minutes ago.

PaDanby is quite correct - wood does burn.[devil]  Now where did I put the lighter fluid?  Probably next to the frozen paintballs....[}:)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#10]
You could always just back out of your drive and monster truck the ramp. Top it off with holding the parents responsible for any damage to your vehicle.

The other option is to go and get something at the 7-11 and then come pulling into your driveway at about 35mph. Act like you forgot it was there and burry the brakes just before you "monster truck" it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:31:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I used to skate board.... about 15 years ago.  We used to catch shit all the time from guys like you.  

On one late night skate session in a local bank parking lot and driveway close by a guy approached us.  He say "look guys, I love watching you guys skate.  I think what you do with those things is amazing.  I don't mind you using my driveway either.  But I gotta get up in the morning.  Do you think you could call it quit's for tonight?"  My buddy and I looked at each other and said sure.  While we were skating home our conversation was about how cool that guy was for not coming out and blasting us for making so much noise.  Respect goes both ways....  Show the kid a little and hope to get it in return.  If not resort to calling the cops and frozen paintballs.  just my 5.56 cents.  take it for what it's worth.

DG84  

Edited to add: Try taking the grind box the next time he leaves it out.  Then the next time you see him say hey man, you left you grind box in the middle of the street last night.  Not such a good idea dude.  somebody could run over that thing messing their car up bad!  You think you could try a little harder to remember to put it up at night?  
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:58:24 AM EDT
[#12]
How bout this, HE'S A KID, you said it yourself.  Go talk to him, if that doesn't work talk to his parents.  I'm 22 and still skateboard.  I've never disrespected anyone and continued when asked to stop/move etc.  Give it a try, frozen paintballs?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:37:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Plan B = jacks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:32:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I dont know what type of "box" this is but if it would work, wait until late at night, and if he leaves the box in the street, go weaken it somehow, so that when he uses it again, it will break.

"Oh, well. I guess thats the hazards of skateboarding."
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#15]
gravel
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:08:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Tar Paper nails.

Carton of BB's spread across the street.

Double insulated windows in your house.

Music wire strung across the street.

Pit Bull

GIve him the benefit of the doubt, kids really are dumb and don't realize that they're being PITA's. Explain the situation to him and give him one opportunity to make it right. If that doesn't work then call in the napalm strike.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:14:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Just spread gravel in the street.
He won't like it, and leave.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:21:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Call the cops. He wont know who called the cops.  I imagine there is a noise ordinance where you live.

Give them the kids address ...if the cops talk to the parents and no progress is made....well......

Beat the shit out of his old man.   Kids are kids.  His dad is letting him do this shit at the expense of all your neighbors...that is inconsiderate to say the least.

and as far as his midnight skating keeping him off the streets vandalizing and pushing dope.....so fucking what....that isn't your problem.....unless you got his mommy pregnant.

-HS
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#21]
yea screw just taking out that kid, take out all the little kids in the neighborhood, even the little toddlers, man it would be awesome to watch them fall in gravel and have small pieces of rock embeded into their little skin.  Those scumbags, stop breathing my air.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#22]
A few years ago driving home from a late night class at the university, I encountered a skate board ramp in the middle of the very dark street. I did see some kids in the street.

After screeching to halt to avoid hitting it,
I rolled up until my bumper touched the ramp, then popped the clutch and sent the ramp spinning into the ditch.

Sorry, you don't leave ramps out on a dark street at night.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Rig his grinding board to blow with a Black Cat firecracker.......
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
yup, gravel stops em, without fail, and every time, woop, there goes another one
View Quote

This is true, and it works. That's why you see it as a frequent response. Then they will go somewhere else...
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
yup, gravel stops em, without fail, and every time, woop, there goes another one
View Quote

This is true, and it works. That's why you see it as a frequent response. Then they will go somewhere else...
View Quote

Or just get a push broom like we did back in the day.  Although I doubt kids are that smart these days.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Caltrops!

[img]http://www.martialartsupply.com/a_caltrops1.gif[/img]

[b]4 Point Caltrops (tetsubishi) - when thrown, one point always lands up.  Package of ten.[/b]

[img]http://www.cia.gov/cia/information/artifacts/caltrop.gif[/img]

[b]CALTROP (TIRE SPIKE)
Caltrops were used extensively for operations during the early days of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), the predecessor of the CIA. A scaled-down version of caltrops used to stop horses during medieval times, this device was also effective in harassing modern-day enemies. When scattered on roads and runways, the non-reflective caltrops would always land with one of the four spikes in an upright position, disrupting vehicular movement. This particular spike is hollow and can puncture a self-sealing rubber tire. [/b]

No fun landing on these suckers![shock]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I can't believe nobody has the right answer. Fire 50 rounds of 223 over his head.[}:D]

Fred
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Just watch this and smile to feel better:
(broadband suggested)
[url]download.consumptionjunction.com/multimedia/cj_22509.wmv[/url]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll trade you basketballers (and all that entails) for skaters [i]any day[/i]!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top