Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2003 6:52:44 PM EDT
Does anyone know what heaven is going to be like?  What scares the hell out of me is if I do make it there I won't like it.

I know if I am expected to pray all day long and sing the same songs over and over and tell everyone I meet that I love them heaven gonna pisss me off.  

Do you think there will be fun stuff to do there?  What about BOTD, welding, shooting, reloading, good BBQ, sex all the fun things I like to do now, are they going to be better in Heaven or is it going to be boring as hell?

Everyone talks about how great it's going to be in Heaven but it seems know one knows for sure what the hell your gonna do there once you get there, anyone have Heaven's itinerary? This is scarry stuff, were talking forever here for god sakes.[}:D]

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
If there isn't guns and pussy it won't be heaven.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately everyone who knows is dead, so we get to make stuff up & hope we're right!

BTW, no dogs in heaven would really suck.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a misconception that God's people are going to spend eternity in "heaven".  God is going to renew the earth, fix everything that's screwed up with creation now, and we are going to live on a new earth.  A new creation without pain, or death, or suffering.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This really religious car detailer where I used to work told me that dogs couldn't go cause they didn't have souls.

What's up with that?

Is "religious" right? (It passed spell check)
View Quote

Yes it's spelled correctly.

I have no clue what it's gonna be like...I would imagine it would be different for different people.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
In Heaven there is no beer
That's why we drink it here
And When we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer

In Heaven there is no wine
Lets drink til we feel fine
And When it comes our time
All our friends will be drinking all our wine

In Heaven there is no drink
At least thats what we think
And When we go ca-plink
All our friends will be drinking all our drink

That's why we drink it here
And When we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all our beer

Let's stay and Drink it here
And When our friends aren't here
We will be drinking all their beer
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's a misconception that God's people are going to spend eternity in "heaven".  God is going to renew the earth, fix everything that's screwed up with creation now, and we are going to live on a new earth.  A new creation without pain, or death, or suffering.
View Quote

So when Jesus tells the other two guys on the crosses, "Today you will be w/ my in Paradise," what He really meant was "Today, you're gonna die, but kinda spend a little time in purgatory till I can come back and make a new heaven and a new earth, but humans aren't going to be allowed into heaven, since I'm making a new earth, that's where you'll go."
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm telling you I plan on having plenty of beer and wine in the life to come.  Jesus makes the good stuff, you know.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So when Jesus tells the other two guys on the crosses, "Today you will be w/ my in Paradise," what He really meant was "Today, you're gonna die, but kinda spend a little time in purgatory till I can come back and make a new heaven and a new earth, but humans aren't going to be allowed into heaven, since I'm making a new earth, that's where you'll go."
View Quote

Well, God hasn't renewed the earth yet, now has he?  He has promised to do it in the future.  So I'm not sure what your point is.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#11]
The founder of the Methodist church (I want to say John Wesley--don't quote me on that & correct me if I'm wrong) believed all dogs go to heaven. That's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I guarantee that if you end up in heaven that you will like it.  even if there is nothing there you presently love, like dogs, pizza, beer, sex, guns, etc.

I don't know if any of those things will or will not be in heaven, but I know that whether they are or not will not change whether or not you will like it

I do know, however, that it involves a lot of praising and worshipping of the the LORD, though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you go to Heaven, then someone you hate shows up, is it still Heaven?
View Quote
.....You ever consider the facts, and history/psychology of the human race? This is all there is my friend.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#14]
All of my friends will be there. There will be plenty to drink (tonight it is a VERY old bottle of rum) and all my girlfriends (past) will get along :)
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Heaven will be very similar to Bulletfest.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#16]
My version of heaven won't have any bible thumpers in it.  That'd be the other place.

My dogs would be in my version of heaven.

There's be no anti-gunners there, and probably no lawyers, either, unless they had the moral courage to refuse to defend someone who they knew damned well was guilty.

No liberal Democrats, either.

And, I admit it,  my version of heaven would have my section of it restricted to my own general skin shade.   I simply prefer similar skin tones, and that's that.  Not that it's a BIG issue with me, but heaven is in the details.

You could eat all you like and never get full or gain an ounce.   You wouldn't even have to get rid of the used food in the normal manner unless you wanted to.  Otherwise, it would just disappear before that time.

I'd physically wish to be in my early 20's with my full hairline, but filled out in my muscular structure as I am now.  (When I hit my 30's, I naturally bulked up...I was practically a scarecrow for most of my 20's and didn't realize it until I reviewed some old photos recently!)
A physically perfect body would of course be something that most of us would want.
I'd want the strength of a power lifter, the endurance of a marathon champ, and the flexibility, grace, balance, and explosive power of world class martial artists and circus performers.   A real ass kicker, in short.

Every activity available on earth would be available to me in heaven, without restrictions.  I'd fly fighter jets that never broke and perfect the fine art of professional level skateboarding in an injury and pain-free environment.

All music that I'd encounter would be to my liking.

I'd pick up new skills in an instant, a lot like how they add new skills to people in "The Matrix".   Hit me, and keep on hitting me until you run out of skills!

And angels would put out!

CJ
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
And, I admit it,  my version of heaven would have my section of it restricted to my own general skin shade.   I simply prefer similar skin tones, and that's that.  Not that it's a BIG issue with me, but heaven is in the details.

View Quote

Why would you want God to turn you into a black man just so you could look like everyone else?
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Wrong color!

Despite my avatar, I'm Caucasian.  Very much so.

If that were to change, then I'd know that I went down rather than up after dying.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#19]
... You silly fools. Heaven is here. It's now, its everything you say, you experience, enable, appreciate, assist at, think or do.

... If can't see that, and live by that, you are fucked!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#20]
"...heaven....heaven is a place.....a place where nothing, nothing ever happens...."
DAVID BYRNE
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Heaven is a place devoid of fools and hypocrites.  Where no pain or injustice is visited upon the inhabitants.  

cmJohnson's heaven would be just fine by me. Preach on brotha Johnson!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope there's Otter Pops there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top