Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 2:52:07 PM EDT
Stupid question folks. My dad did something stupid: He somehow adjusted the pressure in his rear shocks on his Continental, but also OVERPRESSURIZED the front ones too.

Seems there is a way to "cut off" air while adjusting the rear of the car. He forgot to do that.

Now, the problem is, he cannot UNinflate the front of the car! It looks like a mexican lowrider w/ hydraulics stuck way up in the air! The front of the car's suspension is as hard as a rock!

Anyone know how to depressurize them?

-Yes, I am mechanically inclined.
-No, the air lines do NOT come undone from the front shocks.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the trunk for a switch. He jacked the car up in the rear without turning off the switch. I think he will need to turn the switch off, turn the key to ingition, wait 5 minutes, turn the key off, turn switch on, turn key on, then the car should levle out (I think). It's been a while since I sold mine.
Good luck
Samuel
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like it went into snow bank logic, turn the key on DONT START THE CAR then push the accelerator pedal to the floor and release it should vent the front bags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top