Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2003 10:37:05 AM EDT
calls me the other day at work, and says "Stop on your way home an buy some shells for my shotgun."

Hmmm, I'm thinking, I wonder which one of [u]my[/u] shotguns she has decided to try ...

I tell her I have someone at my desk and I'll call back later ...

I call back : "It's me, what size shotgun shells do you want?"

AW (AeroE's Wife) : 20 gauge
AeroE : "Which shotgun are you planning on using them in?"
AW : "My Beretta."

[Now it's getting interesting, since I don't own a Beretta shotgun.]

AeroE : "Okay, what kind of Beretta shotgun do you have?"
AW (matter of fact tone) : "A White Onyx.  I've been reading the manual and practicing putting it together and taking it apart."

Holy cow!  She went out and bought herself an over and under shotgun!  This totally caught me off guard and left me speechless (for a little while).  AW wants to learn to shoot sporting clays and other shotgun sports. [noclue]

[uzi]

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It would have been prudent to ask her what she was planning to shoot. If she answered "Oh, just some scrappy old Aero Engineer," you might want to pick up some NIJ IIIA body armor as well.

It's nice that your wife shares your interest in firearms. My wife has almost no interest in guns, but she understands that I do. Perhaps one day I can get her to be more involved. Have fun shooting [b]with[/b] your wife!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I asked her if she was planning on shooting me, right away.  But she sure as heck didn't need to do it with a new gun.  On the other hand, maybe there is some sort of twisted logic in that process.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like you've got a great wife. Hold on to that one!

Eric
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#6]
She's a keeper :)

Sadly, "Mr Gwen" is an Anti! Son and I are working on him though...

argh

Gwen in L.A.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#7]
That's neat!!!I love a happy ending...
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
PICS!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#9]
That is great![:)]
She is a keeper! My wife always tell's me what gun she wants and makes me buy them![BD]

We need to see some pics though![:D]

Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome!!   She sounds like a keeper!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Be proud of her and treat her right. She's a keeper!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hmmm, I'm thinking, I wonder which one of [u]my[/u] shotguns she has decided to try ...

View Quote

Don't you love it how women do this? My last GF (of 2.5 years) would pull that all the time. Her attitude was that anything that I had, that she liked, became "hers".

Glad she figured out how to buy her own...normally I wouldn't encourage womenz to do this (for fear of going bankrupt), but if it means that my shit doesn't go MIA, then go for it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn! Why can't I find a woman like that? [:(]

Congrats AeroE, you found a great one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't you love it how women do this? My last GF (of 2.5 years) would pull that all the time. Her attitude was that anything that I had, that she liked, became "hers".

Glad she figured out how to buy her own...normally I wouldn't encourage womenz to do this (for fear of going bankrupt), but if it means that my shit doesn't go MIA, then go for it.
View Quote

My wife set me straight pretty early on. She says, "What's mine is mine, and what's [u]yours[/u] is mine!" [;D]
Gotta love her. But, at least she shares. [:D]

Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top