Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2003 10:01:58 AM EDT
Now that I'm hooked to DSL, I'm surfing a bit more, and stumbled onto [url]www.xbox.com[/url]

Seems there is a way to link up with other Xbox people and compete against each other...
Looks pretty cool...

Anyone try it ?

Is it worth the $50yr ???

(I already have MechAssault) [:D]

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13754[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I have XBOX live and it is the most advanced online gaming available today.  I couldn't believe it at first, being able to talk to everyone you are playing with.

The best Live game is Ghost Recon, I have spent hours on that game.  If you have DSL and a XBOX, get the LIVE kit, you won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#2]
God Bless Halo
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I also have Halo, and Splinter Cell for the Xbox, but my Ghost Recon CD only runs in the PS2...

I 'gotta check and see what works w/Xbox live...
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up "Brute Force" Saw it on G-4 tv and it looked pretty good. I haven't done the live thing yet, but now they are starting to offer updates/extra missions. It might be worth a look.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#6]
For $50/year, XBOX Live is a steal.  There are some decent online games right now, but there are bunch coming out in the end of summer/fall that will be amazing.  

Ghost Recon is pretty good, but there are some lag issues that they claimed to have worked out for the next instalation.  Return to Castle Wolfenstein is really good too for online gaming.  

Being able to communicate to all of your teamates by voice is what really makes XBOX Live the way to go.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#7]
HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP !!!

THAT is the COOLEST thing Ive done in awhile !!!

I got online abt 1am and played Mech Assault 'till 6am this morning !!!

I've never been killed soooo many times before in my life. [:D]

I need to finish the regular offline game to get better Mechs. I'm being slaughtered in every game...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top